It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2004, 07:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
lot's of hair in the brush.

and i mean LOTS! i have long hair and each time i run my hand thru it, WoW, out comes a ton of hair. i feel like i am shedding or something. anyone else have this? i have had blood work done, everything is normal, including thyroid.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2004, 07:36 AM   #2

WildSigns HB User
Re: lot's of hair in the brush.

hi, its funny you should mention that, about 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant, I was losing a ton of hair in the shower, I have long hair too, (down to my waist) and it was making me nervous, but when I hit about the 2 month mark that stopped happening. Are you taking prenatel vitamins? The only thing I can think of is the baby is taking all your nutrients, it may take a while for the vitamins to kick in........good luck, hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

yeah, i am taking vitamins. i feel like cutting my hair short because it's just gross. but i know that i will be really mad at myself if i do. i usually just wear my hair in a pony tail anyway, and i use the soft scrunchies so not to break it off. i guess i will just have to deal.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2004, 08:34 AM   #4
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User

I had really long, thick hair before pregnancy. It would get really greasy too, I had to wash it every day. As soon as I became pregnant it began to thin out tremendously, it became VERY dry and I swear I could go four days without washing it (I rarely do that but you know what I mean) without a touch of grease. It is so weird what pregnancy does to your body. This happened the last time I was pregnant and went back to normal after two weeks after the end of the pregnancy. I'm 39 wks now and just cut it short because I was tired of dealing with dry crusty hair.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:09 AM   #5
(female)

fouradss HB User

Nyxin,

I had the same problem until I delivered. It was really gross, but I kinda got used to finding hair everywhere I went. I never knew it was possible to lose so much and not be bald. LOL

good luck

Old 08-09-2004, 10:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hahahaha.....no doubt. i feel like i am going to be bald any day now!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2004, 12:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

I have the same problem. I pull out globs of hair everytime i run my hands through it, all day long. I am guessing it's normal with all the horomones and stuff. I went to get my hair cut and they said that it is normal or that you notice more when you have longer hair.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I have the SAME problem. GRRRRRR...... I swear I will have to get rogain or something when I have this baby. ha ha ha....Im kidding, I hope. It's all worth it though. My hair is about to my shoulder blades, and I dont plan on getting it cut any shorter yet. Then again, ya never know. If anyone comes up with something to stop it.... please share!!

Thanks ladies...Have a great day!

Old 08-10-2004, 02:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

i am almost 15 weeks and i lose a lot of hair too... i have always been a shedder but now i feel like there are clumps of hair when i wash it!

Closed Thread