It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2004, 12:41 PM   #1

dmbfan HB User
August Mommies 26

Hi everyone....

I big CONGRATS to our first 3 August Mommies!! It's so fun hearing how drastically different everyone's stories are...(I'm sorry for your complications Kari, it sounds like a scary ordeal to have to go through...is everything 100% OK with you now?) Hope you all continue doing well

Isn't it bizarre how fast it's all happening...it seemed like yesterday we were talking about morning sickness and 'finally' getting into maternity clothes...and now we're quickly becoming mommies...one by one....so cool!!

Good luck to the rest of you who are due soon....those of us who will be waiting another 2 (hopefully no more than that) weeks will be living vicariously through your birthing stories...

Take care!
Connie

Old 08-09-2004, 01:37 PM   #2
Veteran

coloradogirl1 HB User
Re: August Mommies 26

I know what you mean - and WildSigns, too. It has all gone by so quickly and I couldn't have made it through this without all of you. I have checked this board almost every day of my pregnancy. Even when I didn't have much to say, I was right there.

Well, bored and still waiting!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2004, 06:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

jstpeachey79 HB User

Hey ladies how are the august mommies that are left? I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow morning and i know that I will have the baby on monday if not sooner. We are getting induced on Monday I am getting pretty excited! How is everyone feeling? how are the mommies enjoying the babies?
DD Born 8-13-04

Old 08-09-2004, 06:15 PM   #4

WildSigns HB User

Jstpeachy, wow not too much longer for you either huh? I have my next doctors appointment on Thursday, so hopefully there will be some good news. I just came back from the store and walked around for about a hour (I would forget what I needed and have to walk all the way back to the other end) Anyway I got 2 painful contractions in a row, I thought I was going to have to call DH and have him pick me up at walmart. But I left right after that, and besides my back feeling like a horse kicked it, everything is the same
hope everyone else is doing great, take care and talk to you soon,
Marjorie

Old 08-09-2004, 07:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

jstpeachey79 HB User

Marjorie

I know what you mean about back pain> Good luck at your Dr's appointment on thur. When is your due date again? My pregnancy brain kicked in and I forgot. I am so excited that we will be holding our little ones so soon.

I will let eveyone know how the appointment goes.
Bren how are you?
DD Born 8-13-04

Old 08-10-2004, 04:29 AM   #6

WildSigns HB User

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing great,
Jstpeachy, good luck at your doctors appointment today! my due date is the 15th (Sunday) or the 19th the doctor keeps changing it, but the last few times I have been there he has said the 15th. by the way is anyone due friday? Its friday the 13th, usually those days are good luck for me thou. I have been up since 4:30 a.m. surprisingly not too pee, just that my hips and legs were killing me, I have been rambeling around the house and its finally starting to let up a little.
well everyone take care and talk to you soon
Marjorie

Old 08-10-2004, 06:17 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

bren7 HB User

Hello everyone

How is everyone doing?

Colorado...I am with you, I come to this board just about everyday, even when I have nothing really to say.

Jstpeachy and Wild...Good luck at the dr, I hope you get good news. Luckily I havent had back pains for months now (knock on wood).

The worst for me is standing and walking, I feel like the baby is going to just rip threw my skin and come out (like a sceen from alien or something).

I saw the dr last night. he did the vaginal check, he said "I am 1 cm dialated, 50% effaced, and baby is at station 2" The baby still hasnt dropped.

He was measuring my belly and said " We were worried about him being small? I don't know what you did duing those 2 weeks but he is fine and normal sized, he is still growing" I told him "See I told you, you were being paranoid, only 1 of us can be paranoid, it is usally my job to be paranoid so I had to switch rolls with you. Besides, you know I like being difficult, and you know I like to prove people wrong." He looked at me shuke his head and laughed. DH said "you saw that train coming, big ole head lights blinding you, didn't you?" Dr said "Yes, I did!"

I asked dr "So when do you think the baby will be born? I know my due date is the 21st, but what do you think?" He thought about it for a second and said "You'll deliver on the 23rd." I said "That is 2 days late!" He said "well that is my opinion". Well when I went to make my appointment, I checked to see who was on call and wrote done everyone schedule for pretty much the rest of the month. If I deliver on the 23rd like he said, he wont be on call. This blows, I am really hoping for him, I wouldnt even mind the other male dr, but the other male dr wont be on call til the 25th, so that means one of the female will be on call to deliver. I am now debating if I should try to get my body in gear for delivery a bit sooner. LOL

My ex dh thinks the baby will be born on the 16th, DH thinks the 20th, my mom is hoping for the 15th or 19th, my cousin is saying the 14th, dr says the 23rd, I was kind of hoping for the 17th. The 17th is my birthday. At this point, I really dont care what day he is born, I just hope that he is healthy. Yet. I still kind of hope I dont deliver on a day someone has not choose, just to make them wrong. LOL

Who else is still due and when? I am really starting to feel like I am going to be the last to deliver here.

Jstpeachy...How did your appointment go?

Have a good day. I hope everyone is doing ok.
Take care
Bren

Old 08-10-2004, 09:34 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

jstpeachey79 HB User

GUESSWHAT??? I am having my baby on Friday the 13th I am so stinking excited. Ok here is why other than we dont want hte baby to be too big because I cannot push a big baby out my Dr. wants to be the one to deliver well he is out of town sat -Monday and does not think that I will make it through the weekend. I am 3 cm and 60 percent effaced. I am so stinking exctied. I dont know what to do.

Ok here is the other cool thing. The baby is going to be named after my mom Joan (she died 7 years ago) well my mom was born on a friday the 13th I think that is so cool.!

How is everyone else doing. Bren i htink that you are going ot have the baby before your due date. I dont know why but I am thinking the 16th.
DD Born 8-13-04

Old 08-10-2004, 10:24 AM   #9

dmbfan HB User

jstpeachy...Friday...congrats...the end is staring you in the face! That's awesome! I don't know how a person can keep their composure and actually function normally, knowing that the exact day the baby will be coming...I'd be a basket case

I'm not "officially" due until the 27th....so there's a good possibility that I may actually be a September Mommy...HOWEVER, I have a strong gut feeling that I'm going to go early...that may just be wishful thinking however...even so I'm hanging on to that idea.

My appts are on Thursdays for the rest of the month, and they haven't begun to check me yet for dialation or effacement...maybe this week. I wish they would, just so I knew if I was making any progress.

I have been waking up at least once a night with terrible menstrual-like cramping with contractions and those contractions are starting to get slightly painful...so that's a good sign...woo-hoo...whoever thought that cramping and pain would be a GOOD thing. My back too feels like a horse kicked it...and my butt/legs/groin feels like I'm getting split in two by some unseen force. Walking is such a chore

I think I'm officially getting cranky now too. Dh hasn't mentioned it much, but I sometimes feel like I'm being slightly unreasonable (to put it nicely). I find myself very weepy too...I think I'm still nervous about being a mom, and I get a little depressed thinking about all the things I may/will screw up. Other times I have the attitude that says, "bring it on! I'm so ready to be a mom!" Oh those hormomes....

Sorry for rambling...hope all is well with our new mommies and all of you who are still waiting...hang in there and have patience!!

Connie

Old 08-10-2004, 11:42 AM   #10

Beef HB User

Hey all -
CONGRATS to the new mommies!! I'm so happy for everyone. I'l still due August 31-ish, so I'm guessing I'll actually be a Sept. mommy, which is OK by me. I'm still feeling good, just having more and more Braxton-Hicks contractions and some sharp pains when the baby is pushing down hard. I found out today that I tested positive for Group B Strep so I'll just have to have an IV of antibiotics through labor and delivery. Anybody else deal with that?

Old 08-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

jstpeachey79 HB User

Beef I am strep B positive as well It is nothing really. While they have fluids going in you they have pencillian going in as well. I would not worry about it.
DD Born 8-13-04

Old 08-10-2004, 01:05 PM   #12

WildSigns HB User

good luck tommorow Jan!!! yeah I bet you can't wait, I will be thinking of you!!!

JstPeachy, congratulations too you too, Friday the 13th!!! that is so cool how your mom was born on the 13th and your daughter will be born then too, what month was she born in?

My best freinds grandmother (who was also like a grandmother to me) died most likely on the day I conceived, (from what we figured out it was exactly the day) her birthday is the 22nd of this month, wouldn't it be weird if I delivered on that day.

dmbfan, I am totally with you on the pain, splitting in 2, and even walking, I hate feeling like this, not so much the pain but for not being able to do all that I want, when I get up in the morning I make a mental list of all I want to get done in the day, I'm lucky if I can do 1/4 of what I planned.
I know what you mean also about being scared one minute and then the next in a "bring it on" mood, most of all I can't beleive that my little bean (I just looked at my first u/s today) is now this big baby and will be hear soon.

I hope everyone is doing great, and the new mommies are getting in enough sleep and enjoying there new little ones! take care,
Marjorie

Old 08-10-2004, 07:30 PM   #13

DepecheJan HB User

Hi Everyone,

This is my last post before the big day. We should leave for the hospital around 8:15 AM, but the c-section won't happen until around Noon. I probably won't get to post again until Monday (I think I will get discharged on Sunday). I am feeling so many emotions today--I have been excited all along but now I am a little nervous about the c-section and about parenthood. Overall, I can't wait though.

Congratulations Kari and ahall on your precious little ones! I am so happy that you all are home and doing well. Well, 3 August Mommies down, many left to go.

Jo, good luck on Friday!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Marjorie, I so know what you mean about only getting 1/4 of your mental list done each day. I swear my energy level and my ability to bend/get up gets smaller day by day. I feel so helpless these days. I will keep my fingers crossed that you go on the 22nd--that would be so cool!!

Connie, I will keep my fingers crossed that you go early!

Bren, if you go on the 16th, that will be my birthday. I really hope you get the male doctor you want. I will be thinking of you.

Jo, Marjorie, Connie, Bren, Beef, Colorado, I will be thinking of you all and can't wait to hear your birth stories. I just want to thank you guys and Kari, Kitty, and the rest of the August mommies for all of your support. You all are the best bunch of ladies--thanks for sharing your stories and experiences.

I will post when I can. Good luck to everyone!
Take care!
Jan

Old 08-11-2004, 05:12 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kitty_T HB User

Hello ladies

Jan we are all thinking about you sweetie take care

Jo, Firday thats is great news I am so excited for you and what a great way to remember your mom! I will be thinking of you on Friday.

Bren I hope you go sooner than your EDD and that you get the doctor you want at the birth of your little angel.

well ladies I have been trying to come online everyday just to keep up with you all and hear more birth announcements but it is getting harder for me to do this as I am getting hardly any sleep. I will try to get online evry other day now just to see how you are all doing with your little ones. take care and good luck mommies

Old 08-11-2004, 05:59 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

ahall HB User

Boy ladies, its all happening now!!!! Its just more and more excitement every time I come in here, its wonderful.

Nact, a huge congratulations to you and your new baby, this is soooo exciting. Enjoy that little bundle.

Jstpeachy, my dad was born on Friday 13th, Iíve always considered it a lucky day. Im so excited for you, I canít wait to hear all the details.

Depechejan, the very best of luck to you. My prayers and thoughts are with you. It is nerve wracking as the time draws near, but theres always that inner excitement. When my daughter was seconds from being born I remember thinking, its all happening too fast, I donít know if I can handle this, and then when I heard her cry, I just wanted to comfort her and hold her so close, I sobbed with just pure emotion and unconditional love for this little life, given to me, straight from heaven. Im looking forward to hearing your experience.

Kitty, I know what you mean about the lack of sleep. While I feel lucky that my baby does like to sleep long hours, she also likes to stay awake long hours too, she just has the time of day mixed up!!!

Closed Thread