It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 06:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User
I need energy

I'm so tired. I wake up feeling this way. I'm at work now and I need to lay down

anybody else feels this way? Is it because I'm carrying twins? Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #2
(female)

mrsb816 HB User
Re: I need energy

How far along are you? I was completely exhaused until about two weeks into my second tri but then I started to feel much more like my old self. I was just about falling asleep on my feet at work and when I got home I wanted to go straight to bed. It passed for me for a while but now at 31 1/2 wks I'm starting to slow down again, but not as bad. I've only know one person having twins and she said it was very physically taxing so it may be normal to be more tired. If you can take a nap at work you should do it. Or sometimes eating a small healthy snack is good for an energy boost. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2004, 09:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

i'm 15 weeks...and I'm getting ready to take a nap now

Old 08-10-2004, 10:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

hi cee
gosh we don't get to talk very much anymore, but i do keep track of ya!

i guess the only advise i can give you is tp read up on everything there is about having twins. from what i have read is is VERY common for mothers carring twins to be quite exhausted all the time. i was just hoping that perhaps there was some diet suggestions that all us 1 baby people don't know about. i think the only thing you can do is sleep when you can, and trust me, when you have these little buggers you won't remember what sleep is for about 3-6 months, so take atvantage while you can!

well, my son has egg on his head, ears, eye lids, floor, wall, toes......and the back of the dog, so i better go.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nyxin; 08-10-2004 at 10:06 AM.

Old 08-10-2004, 10:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I personally think that it is different for everyone. For instance, when I was pregnant with my first, it took EVERYTHING I had to stay awake. Fortunately, I had a REALLY cool boss that didnt really care if I slept at my desk. But my hubby would have to drag me outta bed and help me get ready. I would go to work (fortunately, it was only about 5 min away), and I would struggle through the day (but I always managed to get my work done), then go home, make dinner (never ate it) for hubby, and usually fall asleep on the couch around 6pm. This continued through my whole pregnancy (although my son came 11 1/2 wks early). Pregnant again, due in April, and I am fighting it again. Completely exhausted at all times.

I hope you get feeling better soon. Congrats on the twins. FUN (and I am NOT being sarcastic). Good luck, and please let us know how you are doing.

Old 08-10-2004, 02:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxin
hi cee
gosh we don't get to talk very much anymore, but i do keep track of ya!

i guess the only advise i can give you is tp read up on everything there is about having twins. from what i have read is is VERY common for mothers carring twins to be quite exhausted all the time. i was just hoping that perhaps there was some diet suggestions that all us 1 baby people don't know about. i think the only thing you can do is sleep when you can, and trust me, when you have these little buggers you won't remember what sleep is for about 3-6 months, so take atvantage while you can!

well, my son has egg on his head, ears, eye lids, floor, wall, toes......and the back of the dog, so i better go.
i've been reading alot about carrying twins...being this weak is crazy..

Closed Thread