It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 09:34 AM   #1

jellybean000 HB User
Is Vomiting A Sign Of Labor?

Hello ladies. I am due to have my baby any day now, and I have been feeling like I am ready to burst for quite a while. Yesterday, I was watching a movie, and I felt really dizzy and hot. I went to the bathroom and was hoping for a bowel movement, but instead I vomited. Now, I was in there for what felt like centuries, and I still felt sick even after there was nothing left to get rid of. Could this be a sign that I may go into labor soon? I feel fine now, and I haven't felt sick since then, but could it be a sign? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-10-2004, 12:48 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
Re: Is Vomiting A Sign Of Labor?

jelly thats kind of hard to say since it was yesterday and no signs yet...when i went into labour i felt very neaseous. i had diarhea as well but there was no mistaking i was in labour as i had pains already. i did notice in my first preg. that towards the end i did feel very sick to my stomach alot...when exactly are you due? the best thing i can tell you to go by is if there are no outward signs...when you get "pains" time them i know that sounds pretty simple but when its almost to the minute its time! i knew cause my first was exactly 15 mins apart for a few hours.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 04:09 AM   #3

jellybean000 HB User

Well thank you. I don't have any pain, but i was just curious because it happened out of no where. One minute I was fine and the next, I was hanging over the toilet. It just happened so quick, that I guess I thought it could have been a sign. I am due on the 20th, but my doc told me that I may have him sooner because I have been stressed a lot during this pregnancy. I live in a very crowded house, with loud people and I just stopped working last weekend, so things have not exactly been relaxing. Well, thanks for your help and advice. I feel fine now, so no worries

Old 08-11-2004, 08:44 PM   #4
(female)

BigMomma24 HB User

Hello, jellybean... ugh, I am sorry to hear about the vomiting. I, too, suffer from nausea and vomiting, but I am barely 14 weeks.

I wanted to say that some of the women in my family suffer from nausea and vomiting right before going into labor. I don't know if you'd call it a "sign", but I've heard that your body has a way of ridding itself of excrement to prepare for the birth of the baby. (does that include vomiting? hmmm...) tmi?
Also, it sounds as though things aren't exactly soothing and comfortable in your home right now. I know that a lot of stress and noise causes me to get dizzy and nauseated, which turns everything into a violent roller coaster. Try to relax and get some rest. When baby gets here, forget relaxing for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:11 AM   #5

jellybean000 HB User

That helps thank you. Your right, I bet the stress is playing a major part of the sick feelings. I also think that maybe I just have a weak stomach. When I was 5 months along I was still experiencing the morning sickness, (or should I say the "all day sickness"). Maybe I just ate something that didn't quite settle right. I mean, my stomach is tiny now because the baby is so big that I can't eat that much anymore. Sometimes a slice of toast fills me up. Maybe I just ate a little more then I should have at the time, that there wasn't enough room for it all. Who knows.

Well, thanks for answering my question. I have made a plan with myself that whenever the baby is napping, I am napping too. That way I can get my rest in too. My fiance' will help me out whenever I need him to as well, so I should be ok.

Thanks for everything!

Closed Thread