It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 10:20 AM   #1

confused84 HB User
Question 13 days late and worried

Hi yall! I am new to the board and I am sort of concerned. See, I was supposed to start my period as of 7/28/04 and now here it is 8/10/04 and there is still no sign of it. As of Wednesday, it will be two weeks late. The symptoms I have been displaying have been a missed period, terribly exhausted last week, one episode of nausea, horrible out break on my face, hair is coming out when I wash it and usually it doesn't do that, and I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but my sis did right before she found out she was having her daughter, dark or cloudy urine. I have taken two test, one from the Dollar General and the e.p.t. test from Wal-Mart and both say negative. Something in my mind or body or both is telling me to make an appointment with a doctor if I pass the two week limit, but I don't want to go and waste money just for them to tell me that I'm negative. If anyone has any advice as to what I should do it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to worry my husband anymore with this until I know something for sure.

Old 08-10-2004, 10:25 AM   #2
(female)

alltaken HB User
Re: 13 days late and worried

It could be stress related. But I would schedule an appt. with your gyn anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltaken
It could be stress related. But I would schedule an appt. with your gyn anyway.
I would have to agree. Even if they do give you a negative, your gyno might be able to pinpoint why you didn't have your period.

Old 08-10-2004, 02:43 PM   #4

confused84 HB User

Well, I have just taken my third pregnancy test. The last one I took was on Saturday. This one again came back negative. I am so frustrated! When do you all think would be the point I need to contact a doctor?

Old 08-10-2004, 07:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

now would be a good time. I was on cd 45 of my cycle when my GYN put me on Provera to jump start my period. i had never missed a period before, (except during pregnancy)---hormones, stress, thyroid disorders,...a number of things can cause it to not occur. dr's do not get concerned unless it happens consecutively, or frequently....my gyn told me that every month a woman develops a cyst on her ovary, when its time, it will rupture, thus releasing the egg. my "cyst" failed to "rupture", therefore my body didnt know it was time to have a period. I was under a definite amount of stress at that time...had a pap to come back abnormal....but, didnt realize that i had let it get to me as bad as i did. the first few days i was totally stressed over it, then decided to forget about it until i knew something further---as more testing was a month away, and i knew i would drive myself insane...so i put it out of my mind.....but obviously not far enough!---i did have tests/biopsies done...everything was fine...go back in 6 months for a re-test on my pap.

i would go ahead and call your GYN and see what they tell you.

Old 08-10-2004, 07:51 PM   #6

confused84 HB User

I have been noticing some other symptoms this evening such as a high body temprature around 99.0-99.3. I have also noticed some thick mucous when I am in the restroom, sorry if this is tmi. I just have this feeling that I may be pregnant. I have displayed some of the most common symptoms. I am going to start researching ob/gyn's tomorrow. I just can't play this waiting game with myself. What are some of the symptoms that you all displayed and at what point were you noticing them?

Old 08-10-2004, 08:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

i though i was pg too.....i had daily nausea, and a little vomiting...very tired....i kept taking pg tests, and they were all neg. i also suffered with bloating, just so many things that could have mimicked pregnancy....and i really thought that i was. but, i wasnt. it was just that my hormones were out of whack, making my body act as though i were pg. i dont want to dishearten you, or disappoint you.....i just dont want you to get your hopes up, like i did, just to learn that it was something else going on, causing you to miss your period..because more things than just pregnancy can cause you to miss it. who knows, you just might be and just simply not enough hcg levels yet to detect a pregnancy. but i would definitely speak with a GYN about this. good luck!!

Old 08-10-2004, 08:21 PM   #8

confused84 HB User

Thanks yall. I appreciate the advice. I do sort of hope that it is pregnancy. I wouldn't mind it in the least little bit. I think you maybe right, I may just be one of those few women who's hCG levels just won't show up on a hpt or it may still be too soon to test, I am only two weeks late on my period. Who truly knows how this hpt stuff truly works out for some of us, its a ******* mystery I tell you.

Old 08-10-2004, 09:11 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

do you have a local health dept.? they do free pt in a lab like the hospital maybe you could try that before the Dr. (although i dont think you should wait to much longer to see a dr.) and another suggestion, try a 4-5 day early hpt, they are more sensitive to hcg levels in urine.
good luck

Old 08-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #10

confused84 HB User

Thank you chrissi, that is a good idea, I'll call the local health dept. in our area tommorow to find out. I really do appreciate everybodies input. This is so nerve racking since this may be my first pregnancy. I again thank you guys.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:37 AM   #11

confused84 HB User

Well I have taken two pregnancy tests, one this morning (e.p.t.) and one about 20 minutes ago ( First Response), both came back negative. There was an extra test with the First Response so I'm thinking about retesting this next Wednesday which will be th 18th, that will make for three weeks late on my period. If by then it finally comes back with something besides negative or I get yet another negative response then I will fight my way into a doctor's appointment by Thursday the 19th. I can't stand not knowing. But also I need to give it time.

P.S. Do local health departments do the blood test or just a urine test. If they do the blood test then I might be in there sooner than a doctor's office.

Old 08-11-2004, 12:54 PM   #12

confused84 HB User

Well, I have just set up a doctor's appointment for the 25th of this month, hope to find out something by then.

Closed Thread