It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 02:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Talking 1st ultra sound!

hello ladies!

well i am happy to say that i had my first ultra sound today. i have to admit that i cried and cried right before it started because i was so scared that they would have only bad news to tell me. however, everything looked great. i saw the little heart beat and the tech described everything that i was looking at. she showed me the yolk sac, the placement of the baby (right in the center i might add) and both of my ovaries. i guess one is slightly larger than the other. anyone know anything about that?

so according to the measurments i am due the 25th of march. i am still praying for he/she to come a little early so we can be the same sun sign. they say that your measurments can change a bit. my son was actually 11 days behind where he would have been if i had regular cycles, but then again i did not have an ultra sound this early.

well i feel better, and i am soooooo tired as a result of the stress of waiting to find out. but i can say 'so far so good'!!!!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: 1st ultra sound!

I had an u/s at 10wks, 12wks, and 15wks not one gave me the same due date. Not even the date according to my last period. But, I have heard the baby comes whenever it is ready.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #3

Navywife22 HB User

My 6.5 week, 11.5 week, 14.5 week, and 20 week ultrasound all gave the same exact dates.
My 32 week ultrasound measured at 34 weeks.
The tech said that only the early ultrasounds are somewhat accurate and that measuring is not an exact science.
I guess the baby will come when it wants too regardless of your date!

Last edited by Navywife22; 08-10-2004 at 02:56 PM.

Old 08-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Congratulations Nyxin!

Old 08-11-2004, 03:38 AM   #5
(female)

brooklynngruber HB User

Nyxin I know exactyly how you felt about your ultrasound because today is my first ultrasound and I'm scared to death. I actually have to leave in an hour and I'm trying to find a way to kill time before I have to go. So did you have a hard time drinking all that water? I drank 40 oz. and it was so hard because I am so nausious in the morning. I hope I don't end up getting sick because I would hate to have to reschedule this. Well I will write an update when I get home.

Congratulations to you and hope you have a healthy 9months!!

Old 08-11-2004, 03:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

HEY, You saw your baby huh? ..It's the best feeling..
I haven't seen my babies since 7-30-04, but I'm going to see them again real soon. I rec'd an u/s every 4-6 weeks

I'm glad everything is going so well for us

Old 08-11-2004, 06:52 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks everyone....

i actually did drink all the water, but when i got there they had me go pee because they do the ultra sound vaginally. i am not sure as to why the nurse told me to drink all the water, but the ultra sound tech appologized.

i got a picture too, but i am not sure what i am looking at?
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2004, 06:55 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

i never had to drink alot of water for any of my u/s

Old 08-11-2004, 09:24 AM   #9

Navywife22 HB User

nyxin -

The first couple of ultrasounds are strange looking, arent they?

I had to drink all of the water for all of the ultrasounds. I had a transvaganal one at 6.5 weeks and at 11.5 weeks. I had an over the belly at 14.5 weeks, 20 weeks, and 32 weeks. I am having another one at 36 weeks and have to drink then too.
Last time the ultrasound tech was 20 mminutes late for my appointment and I thought I was going to explode.
I asked why I needed to still drink that much water at 36 weeks since the baby is pretty big and easy to see. She said that you still get a better reading with a full bladder. Oh well, I will do whatever the Doctor orders.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:38 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Yaaaaaay Nyxin!!!

My first appointment is today so DH and I are hoping they'll do a U/S so we can get a peek at our bean! by my calcs your due just a few days before me

Old 08-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #11
(female)

brooklynngruber HB User

Well today I had my first ultrasound and everything turned out great. She actually said she could see a flutter of the heartbeat which surprised me because I am so early 6.5 weeks. I even got a picture and she wrote baby on it and pointed to where the baby was.

My ultrasound wasn't transvaginal it was over the belly and I absolutely hated drinking all that water. What made me upset today at the doctors before the ultrasound was they told me my appointment was at 7:30am and that if I was even 5 minutes late they would have to reschedule. So I made sure I was there by 7:20. Well anyways they made me sit there until 8:07. I was so mad, I was counting the minutes because I felt like I was going to burst. I was also upset because they said they would cancel it if I was 5 minutes late and here they were 37 minutes late and that is a long time for you to hold a full bladder. Was I in the wrong for being upset? I didn't say anything to anybody until I got to my moms house to show her the picture and she had the nerve to tell me I was just upset because I'm moody because I'm pregnant. Maybe she was right but I don't think so.

Anyways I am so happy that everything went ok. and now I can rest a little easier. My due date is April 4th.

Sorry so long, needed to vent a little.
Thanks

Old 08-11-2004, 06:16 PM   #12
(female)

mrsb816 HB User

I had to wait 45 mins. for my u/s at 20 wks. and I was very upset. I don't think its just hormones. Its very uncomfortable and inconsiderate of the staff. I wish they all had to experience it so they'd understand. It turned out in my case they actually forgot about me. Of course, it was worth the discomfort to see my baby boy's face but you have every right to be annoyed!

Old 08-11-2004, 07:52 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

you know, that seems to be a big problem these days. i too was to check in at 1:30 and they said i had to be there then or they would reschedule. so i was there at 1:20. i was not seen until 2:00. plus i had drank all that water when i didn't have too. it seems that doctors offices are never on time because of all the rx drug companies sending reps. they were all back there laughing and carring on while i sat there in agony!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-12-2004, 06:31 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

I have learned to get there around the time of my appointment and not to stress out if I am late, because they are always at least 10 minutes behind, but I usually wait 30 minutes.

Old 08-12-2004, 07:32 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

WOOHOOOOOO for everyone!!!!! I had my first appointment on Monday. Fortunately, I didnit have to drink any water. I didnt even expect and u/s. But, I got one. Transvaginal. Yuck. Anyway, as soon as I looked at the screen, I saw the bleep bleep of baby's heartbeat. I cried. It was beautiful. I had figured my due date was about April 3, but doc says April 5. I dont care, as long as I can keep the baby until at least mid March. Had the last one at only 29 1/2 wks..... So I am shooting for at least 35 or 36 wks.

My doc appointment....grrr. My appointment was at 9am. I waited in the waiting area until 9:30ish. Then, got put in a room, and waited until 10:20am. I was a little upset, but mostly just tired, so I took full advantage of the bed (although NOT comfy) and went to sleep for a bit.

Am I crazy, or is anyone else already feeling a bit tight in their clothes? I wear hospital scrubs every day and they are getting tighter. Whats up with that? I know it's not because I am eating too much, because I have to FORCE myself to even eat because of the nausea. GRRR......

But, I am SOOOOO happy. I already talk to the little baby/embyo......

Last edited by Zayazmama; 08-12-2004 at 07:34 AM.

Closed Thread