It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 01:28 PM   #1
Veteran

Teresa882003 HB User
How are the June mommies?

I have come back to work and hadn't been able to check in for awhile. Wondered how all of you are doing? I can't believe that Kaleb will be 7 weeks!! Wow time flies!! He is the sweetest most precious thing. Turned out breast feeding didn't work for us. He never latched on correctly and would scream, cry and get furious when I would try, so I was pumping and supplementing, well I got less and less and finally it was useless to even to try. I hate it, but he was supplemented for 2wks before it went away. He is doing fine on the formula. He is sleeping great, from like 11 to 5 and my husband sometimes gets him up then to eat before he goes to work. Of course he only sleeps that good cause he is in the bed with us, he is so cuddly!! I wish I hadn't done it, he is spoiled already, but I tell you I was really needing some sleep, I new when I started back to work my napping when he napped was done so I had to get him to sleep so I could. I wake up at any movement or sound he makes. I still check him to make sure he is breathing, someone told me that would probably never change. His last Dr.s appt was 2 wks ago and he was 8 lbs, 7 oz and 20 3/4 inches. Well I hope some of you are out there and will check in so we will know how things are going.
Its a Girl 1/12/06

Old 08-11-2004, 06:10 PM   #2
Veteran

happymom2b HB User
Re: How are the June mommies?

HI!! Great to hear from you!! Ethan is now 12 weeks old. He sleeps in his crib for the most part as I don't want him to want to sleep with us all the itme down the road. My husband will take him to bed (the one in the spare bedroom) if he is being hard to settle. Being 12 weeks old, you would think that he would be sleeping even longer then our baby, but alas, he is not. He sleeps from about 12-4 then eats (formula too) then sleeps from 4:30 -6:30. I hear EVERYTHING he does too... all the grunts drive me nuts LOL!! I will be just about to sleep and he will do it and wake me up and I am awake for like half an hour.

Ethan has an ear infection right now 8o( Took the doctors like 5 visits to figure this out!!

I just returned to work as well... hate leaving the little one with a sitter.

Anyways, it was great to hear form you and hopefully we will hear form others too!

Mary Jane
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2004, 12:58 PM   #3

ValeriaSATX HB User

HEY JUNE MOMMIES!!

Isn't awesome just being a new mommy?!? When they fall asleep on your shoulder with their little mouths open and their little coo's. I'm loving every bit of it! Luke goes to sleep around 2AM (we're night people) and wakes up around 6am, goes back to sleep and wakes up at around 10:30AM.

I also tried breastfeeding. I really wanted to breastfeed, but Luke was just too impatient to even latch on. While in the hospital the lactation consultant went in to help me many times, but Luke wanted something FAST! He's doing great on formula. We took him in to see his Pediatrician a few weeks ago because he got a mild case of sebborheic dermatitis and was prescribed hydrocortizone...at that time he weighed 13 lbs 4oz. So we'll see what he weighs on the 25th of this month for his 2 month check up.

I also didn't know that the babies needed to get their eyes examined at 3 months. I had to get a new prescription, and the Dr. asked me if glaucoma and cataracts ran in my family and I told him yes. He said the best bet would be for me to have him checked out at 3months then again at 3 years old.

Well how are you ladies doing???

GOOD TO start his thread again.

Valeria
proud momma to baby boy Luke Michael born June 9th; 8lbs 4oz 20 1/4 inches

Old 08-12-2004, 08:42 PM   #4

Soldier's Wife HB User

Hi, Ladies. Savannah is 8 weeks old now. My husband got deployed a couple of weeks ago. Atleast he was here for her birth though. The last two nights she has slept from 10p until 7a. I didn't think that would ever happen because she breastfeeds and it seems to go right through her.My four year old is great with her. She doesn't seem jealous at all. I got back into my pre pregnancy jeans. There was a lot of stuff hanging over the sides. But I got them zipped and buttoned. Just a few more pounds to go.

I hope all is well.

Closed Thread