It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 06:07 PM   #1

chimia112 HB User
Pregnancy Question?

Hi everyone. Well me and my boyfriend are trying to have a baby, we first started on July 17 and I took a test 2 weeks (Aug 1) after that and then another 1 week after that (Aug 7) they both said not pregnant. I know they say take the test three days after you missed period but since I first start getting my period its been irregular I go 5 monthes without my period at times and when I finally come on I stay on for 2-3 weeks. I want to know am I taking the tests to soon or how long should you wait? Please help.

Thanks in Advance

~Tish

Old 08-11-2004, 06:33 PM   #2
(female)

dolphin27 HB User
Re: Pregnancy Question?

Periods are caused when the egg goes unfertilized. You only have a period after you ovulate, all this provided you aren't already pregnant, seems to me that if you are only having a period every 5 months then you are only ovulating every 5 months. Not having a period for 5 months is very dangerous on your body, your hormones start building up, your uterine wall gets thicker and thicker. I would definitely go see a doctor preferably a obgyn to get help with your cycles, they'll also be able to help you with getting pregnant sooner. A lot of people say that a doctor won't help you unless you have been TTC for a year but that's provided that woman's body is functioning normally and it seems yours isn't. A doctor will be able to get you on something to help you cycle more regularly and my doctor, whom I just recently seen for the same reason, told me that that would involve starting on fertility pills. Which would be a win situation. Hope I helped a little!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 06:56 PM   #3

Navywife22 HB User

Actually you can have a period and not ovulate.

Also, it is not dangerous to not have a period. One of the common treatments for endometriosis is to take the pill continuously so as to not have a period. My friend took the pill continually (didnít take the sugar but went straight into the next pack) for a year due to issues she was having. There even is a new pill on the market that is designed so that you only have your period 4 times a year.

Last edited by Navywife22; 08-11-2004 at 06:56 PM.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I'd suggest going to your doctor and figuring out why your so irregular before TTCing...

Old 08-12-2004, 09:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Going to the doctor is a good idea. Do you have any notes about how long your cycles are? I know you said a few months, but do you have any dates or anything like that? The more information you have the more the doctor will be able to help you. Even if you have to look at a calendar and really think about it, I would try to remember how long your last few cycles have been from day one of the bleeding, until the last day before you started bleeding with your next cycle.

I really REALLY recommend reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. There is so much about our bodies that we are never taught in high school health class. The book explains how to observe your external fertility signs to determine when you are most likely to get pregnant. It is just amazing what so many of us never knew about our own bodies! Keeping track of that infor for a few months will also help you help the doctor.

Good luck and check back with us!

Closed Thread