It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 09:34 AM   #1
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
6 month old and pregnant again!

Hi everyone,

I have a 6 month old boy and I'm having signs that I'm preggo again! I'm very nervous because I had such a hard time after my son was born. I was depressed and so sleep deprived - and to think I could be going through that again with a 16 month old scares me.

Does anyone else have children so close together? How did you cope? It's very early to think about, but any thoughts may ease my mind a bit.

Thanks!!

J.

Old 08-12-2004, 10:32 PM   #2

kristi_p HB User
Re: 6 month old and pregnant again!

Hi, mine aren't that close.
I have 5 1/2, 3 1/2 and 2 yr old. And now I am pg with #4, which will be my farthest span of 2 1/2 years apart.

I don't look forwrad to being sleep deprived either.
It is very hard.

I just tell my self that it is of course not going to last forever.

The plan should be to sleep whenever baby does.

Good luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2004, 06:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kitty_T HB User

Hey sweetie. I gave birth last October with my first and on the 1st of this month I gave birth to #2 so mine are very close in age. i found out I was pg more or less straight after i gave birth first time around. the lack of sleep can be hard but knowing that my DH is here to help really makes it a lot easier. at first i was scared of the thought of having two children both under a year old but I wouldn't change it. my daughter is so caring towards her little brother and loves to help me with him.

I just think about when they will be a little bit older and will hopefully be really close like I am with my siblings who are also very close in age. It is hard work but in the end it is totally worth it. good luck honey and keep us updated

Old 08-13-2004, 08:15 AM   #4
(female)

fouradss HB User

A good friend of mine had her second daughter a month ago. Her two are 16 monts apart. There are times that she is very tired, but who isn't with a newborn. Her older daughter has adjusted very well, and is awesome with her new sister. This was a big concern because she is a "difficult" child. But everthing is working out well so far. Good luck!!

Old 08-13-2004, 08:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Hello....Well, I havent personally dealt with this, but my sister got pregnant again about 2 months after she had given birth to a baby. Now, they are 19 and 20 years old, and they are sooooo close. I was there alot to help (she divorced her husband when the youngest was a couple months old), and saw them grow up. All I can say is this.....if you are pregnant again, there is a reason for it. Everything will be okay. Just know that you must be able to rely on friends, family, and anyone you can. And, you can count on us to help too, if only to chat.......

Good luck huh.....

Old 08-13-2004, 08:32 PM   #6
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Talking Re: 6 month old and pregnant again!

Wow!

Thank you sooo much for your words of encouragement! I look forward to talking with you ladies in the future. You have made me feel right at home. Caring words are so appreciated in my life right now. I will keep you posted.

J.

Old 08-16-2004, 05:19 PM   #7
Veteran

lilmom HB User

Hey, Purple Lightening!!! Good to hear from you again! Don't sweat it hon, things will turn out firn no matter if you are or not. look at how close mine are, hang in there, and keep us posted.
Lilmom
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Old 08-19-2004, 08:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi, Im glad I stumbled across this thread I have been totalling freaking out myself My daughter is almost 11 months old and I will be having my son in about 10 weeks, so there will be just over 13 months between them...I am so scared of how I am going to cope ???????? My daughter is still getting me up all hours of the night, not every night, but probably at least 4 to 5 nights a weeks and I just dont know how I am going to cope with pretty much NO sleep at all when this little guy is here....It would be great to talk to other mothers going through this or been through this.....By the way are your indeed pregnant again purple ????

Old 08-20-2004, 08:43 AM   #9

jenyfer24 HB User
Smile Re: 6 month old and pregnant again!

Hi, well I have 2 little sisters and a little brother. Right now they are 8, 7, and 6. Although for about 2 weeks two of them will be 7 at the same time, and then for about 2 months two of them with be 8 at the same time. What I mean is the oldest was born 12-24-95, the middle was born 10-23-96 and the youngest was born 10-8-97. So you can see there is 10 months between the first two and 12 months between the last two.
I was 16 when my first sister was born...and although I wasn't the one having to get up in the middle of the night I really don't remember it being all that bad. I would say the hardest thing was having to spilt your attention between 2 or 3 babies. When my second sister was born, the first one was used to all the attention so it was hard when the baby needed to be fed or changed because the other baby wanted you to pay attention to her. And then the third one got thrown into the mix. But it all worked out, however we did have a lot of people to lend a helping hand. There was my mom, my step dad, me and my grandfather all living together...so everyone put in there part.
Anyway...seeing that I swore I would never have my kids that close together. I always said I wanted to wait until the first one was 2 or 3 before trying again. But now that I am trying...I want to have my children closer together than that. Ideally for me it would be nice to get pregnant again right around when the first one is about a year old. That would put the two at almost two years apart. But I will take whatever I can get!!! Good Luck!

Old 08-26-2004, 02:53 PM   #10

mostone516 HB User

I have a 3yr 5month old and a 2 yr 6 month old, and I was a single mom for 2 years! It was hard at first but gets eaiser as time goes they practicaly eliminate eachother now(LOL) in fact I am ready for another one.

Closed Thread