It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 10:38 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User
November Mommies 9!!!!!!!

I started a new thread because the other one was too long. Where is everyone? I hope you girls are doing okay and that you post soon!

LeesGirl - No you're not lucky! Cheesecake is the best!! Mmmm. Heehee.

Momx2in04 - I didn't think RH- was considered a high risk but I don't know maybe it is. The shot isn't that bad but man, it does get pretty sore afterwards!!

Those are some expensive iron pills! I take Feosol, which my OB recommended. It came with 100 and my mom said they were like 10 bucks.

I'm glad you're thinking that way: "As long as I eat healthy for my sake and Sophie's who cares about the number of lbs?" That's how you SHOULD be thinking! We've gained almost the exact same amount of weight. I gained 22lbs in 27 weeks! I'm not worried about the weight gain either because I know Ammelyn is getting everything she needs and that's all that matters to me. Weight does come off and I will be breast feeding which helps you lose the weight faster. All I care about is that she's healthy! Plus I was underweight to begin with so I think I can afford to gain some weight. I love feeling her too. I was reading that 27 weeks and later they don't kick as much. Which has proved to be true...I think. It's less kicking but more like...squirming. They said it's because they're getting really cramped up in there and they didn't have the space they used to to do somersaults and kick around and stuff. You can feel hard spots on my tummy and pick out body parts. She loves to drag her elbows and knees along my stomach which doesn't feel too great!! She's so funny though I love when she does that. She still moves as much, maybe even more, there's just more movement instead of kicks and punches.

I'm sorry that your friend had a m/c. That must be so hard for her, especially with you and her sister pregnant. That's horrible about what her sister is saying. How could you wish you would go into preterm labor?? Yeah, they may have medicine now but it's not a guarantee your baby will live. I want this little girl to stay in as long as possible! I want a 6 or 7lb chubby cheeked little girl, not a 3 or 4lb skinny, tube connected sick little girl. No one should want that.

There's so many severe thunderstorm warnings here from July-August that no one even pays attention to them. July-August is monsoon season here so at night there's monsoons almost everynight. They're nice and I love them because it's pretty much the only rain we get here. And the end of monsoon season means fall is coming and fall and winter are my favorite seasons! And that means my baby girl will be here! Oh I'm getting so excited! Only 11.5 more weeks!!

Bye girls! Take care!

November Mommies: The Score: 5 Girls, 2 Boys, 2 Surprises

Girls
LiveYourDreams
0603David
LeesGirl
Froggie98
Momx2in04

Boys
Haleysmum
tari

Surprises
astw22
TracieWilton

Ammalin Rose - 10.23.2004
Nevaeh Marie - 05.16.2006

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
Veteran

0603david HB User
Re: November Mommies 9!!!!!!!

Hi everyone-

LYD- I can't stress enough about how you lose weight faster when you breastfeed. Everytime I would feed my son, my tummy would contract and I would bleed (sorry so gross). I only fed him for 2 weeks and I lost all my weight plus some. I plan on only doing 2 weeks with this one too. It is very hard and demanding and I don't eat right. I actually could not keep up with my son's eating habits. I was pumping blood sometimes because I had no milk left. He was up to 5 ounces I think when he was 2 weeks old. CHOW!

I too can see an elbow or a knee drag across, it is sooooo funny.

So I am getting the nesting bug. I have been cleaning and cleaning. I don't think my house has ever smelt so good. We are supposed to work on my son's new room this weekend, I need help moving things. My hemmorroid actually has not caused me a problem in weeks!!! Yeah
Breathing is a problem, I have graduated to 3 pillows at night. But I am 28 weeks today! Other than that, I just feel really tight and big. I think I am waddling. I am getting scared of delivery though. I think knowing what to expect is worse than not knowing. I hate pushing. It is so hard and I am always scared I am going to have a heart attack. But I'm excited for her to be here and play with my son. I was an only child so this will be a new experience for me...

Old 08-13-2004, 01:55 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Momx2in04 HB User

Wow, already up to the 9th thread! Pretty impressive!

I have also heard that breastfeeding makes the weight fly off much faster. I breastfed my son for 2 weeks, but I'd gained 70 lbs with him so it was hard to tell how much of my weight loss was water weight and what was caused by breastfeeding. I don't think I even weighed during that time b/c the numbers were so high it was depressing! I'm hoping that this time I will have my baby weight lost within the first month or so, b/c this time I plan to breastfeed for 6 months to help both the baby's health and my weight. I think breastfeeding burns like 500 calories a day! Woo! Hello, skinny mama! Maybe by next summer I'll be looking cute in my bathing suits again! I got down to a size 8, a 6 in some, before I got pg this time. My goal is to get back into my 4's consistently. I have even saved those jeans as a goal to get into!!!

LYD, since you mentioned those other types of iron pills, I'm going to look somewhere else to see if I can get them that cheap. I thought they were all really expensive but apparently not...$10 for 100 is MUCH better than $18 for 24!!! It better be a 24K gold-plated iron pill for that much $! LOL

Sometimes when Sophie moves now, it can hurt! She must have a sharp little elbow or knee that pokes right in the middle of my belly! I can even tell how she's laying now...most of the time she is diagonal b/c I feel her at opposite ends at the same time. It is a little creepy watching the movements and feeling her getting stronger in there...sometimes I get this trapped feeling like, she's in there and there's nothing I can do about it! LOL I mean, I'm glad she's there...it's just the powerlessness of it hits me occassionally! I'll be glad when she's here and I have my body to myself again and her in my arms!

I'm feeling very tight too, sometimes I feel like I don't want to stand up all the way straight b/c it pulls down low. And sleeping...oh, my aching back...my body pillow is awesome but I wish I knew a masseuse (sp?) to fix my lower back for me! Ouch!

I can't believe...26 1/2 weeks already. I remember being 6 or 7 and thinking I'd never get where I am now. For me once you hit the 30's it starts to feel like the real countdown. I am not worried about labor yet...well, let me say...I am not looking forward to the pain of it...but I'm not actually scared of the pain. For me it was worse not knowing what to expect. Some women I know say for them it works the other way around though! Regardless, I will be going through it in 13 1/2 weeks! WOW...time flies. I'm taking a beach trip Oct 2-9, I will be huge! That's my 34th week! The dr said if it were 1 week later he wouldn't let me go but since it's 6 weeks before my due date I barely get away with it. Well...when we reserved the hotel we didn't know we were going to be pg so fast! At least it all worked out and we get one last vacation before baby. I can't WAIT!

It's finally quitting time! See ya girls! Have a great weekend!

Old 08-14-2004, 01:32 PM   #4

TracieWilton HB User

Hello ladies!

It is so good to catch up with all of you! LYD, you are amazing, how you keep in check with everyone. I have really appreciated all of your boards, even though I have not had the time to write as of late.

Before I forget, I was wondering if anyone ever looses their appetite completely? Mine has been lost for four or five days....and I can't figure out why. As much as I hate an insatiable appetite, I hate not having one even more. The thing is, I really like eating. Maybe the baby is taking up all my room down there? Has anyone had similar symptoms? I make myself eat anyways, and certainly haven't slowed down in the weight gain department. I gained 3.5 pounds in one week, to make me a big 154! Weird! I am, however, so bloated, I think 2-3 of those pounds have to be pure fluid. I just don't understand it. So I have been experiencing lack of appeitite, severe bloating (can't wear wedding ring anymore for fear of loosing it or my finger), constipation, and heavy weight gain in the duration of one week. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the problem? I need some reassurance here that I am not turning into the marshallow man from Ghostbusters.

A side note, I had that diabetes tests this week, and almost gagged on the drink....it tasted like fanta with added syrup. I don't know why they think pregnant ladies can drink that stuff....surely there must be some other alternative.

You guys are the best! And if any of you are down on yourselves because of weight gain, I have gained 27 pounds in 27 weeks. There, that should make you feel considerably better.
Tracie

Old 08-14-2004, 02:00 PM   #5
(female)

astw22 HB User

Hey Everyone,

Thought I would check in and say hello. I had a doc's appointment yesterday and I cannot believe how quick time is flying. I have to start attending every two weeks now. I have to go next week prob on Thursday for blood work and the glucose test. Then the following week I get my rhogam shot.. My doc also gave me this form. I have to call the hospital, make an appt and pre register so a file is started for me. Hard to believe the big day is only 13 weeks away.

I feel the baby move alot. Yesterday, I think I was assaulted all day ... haha but today is much quieter.. baby must be tired.. wondering if anyone is taking prenatal classes.. my dh and i are going next weekend for two whole days.. I hope it gives us lots of information.. i am starting to get nervous with it getting so close.

Other than that everything else is going well.. i am getting off work two days early now from oct 8 to now to oct 6.. i cant wait to just sit home and relax.. well everyone take care..

Married DH - February 10, 2004
DD Avery Born - November 23, 2004

Old 08-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

Hey girls! Wow, it feels like I haven't been on in forever, even though it's only been 2 days!!

I don't know if any of you remember but my fiance's friend Neal and his girlfriend Monica were also expecting a girl, and she was due September 30, a month before me. Well her doctor wasn't the greatest and I don't think he knew what the heck he was doing because he gave Monica 3 different due dates: September 30, September 1, and then August something (like the 15th or something). Anyway, Monica had her baby girl August 5th via c-section because the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. They went home a few days after she was born. The baby's name is Alisha Marleen and she weighed 7lbs. She was probably about two weeks early but since she weighed 7lbs, I guess it doesn't really matter because she was healthy!! She's so beautiful! It's funny because Neal is white and has blonde hair and blue eyes and Monica is Mexican (pretty dark) with black and hair and brown eyes. The baby looks exactly like Monica!! She has Neal's nose (and big feet!!) and that's it. The baby has dark skin like Monica and black hair too. Monica got lucky I think. Alisha only stays awake about 3 hours out of the day and she doesn't cry at all! I'm hoping my baby will be as good as her!

0603david - I hate to sound so lazy but I'm so glad breastfeeding makes the weight come off because I'm really not one to go work out. And with a baby, I can guarantee you that working out will NEVER happen. I'm skinny to begin with so hopefully with breastfeeding, it will all come off. I want to fit into my old clothes and I think I'll be able to, I mean I haven't gained weight anywhere else - just my belly! That's insane that your son was up to 5 oz at 2 weeks!! No wonder you only breastfed him for 2 weeks!! I know what you mean about the cleaning and stuff. Last weekend my family went to California and I stayed. My fiance went to work on Monday and no one was home and I got bored and cleaned the house LOL. I'm glad your hemmoriod hasn't caused you problems!!

Momx2in04 - I know, I can't believe we are up to the 9th thread too!! And all of our threads have been at least 9 pages, some 11 or 12 pages!! I'm hoping to fit into my clothes (size 3) before I got pregnant too. I've heard that if you're really young you're more likely to fit into your clothes. I guess your metabolism is still high and that helps lose the weight too. And I would like to breastfeed for a year! I can still fit in my clothes, the baby is just in the way lol. You SHOULD check out those iron pills cause they were actually pretty cheap. The brand name is Feosol in case you need it again. My mom got them at Safeway so you could try there. I also can't believe how the time is flying. I also feel like 30 week is the real countdown. I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow! Almost there!

TracieWilton - I will lose my appetite sometimes but only for one meal out of the day or something, not 3 or 4 days. I don't know why you're losing your appetite, I'd ask your doctor because that doesn't sound very healthy! I hope everything's okay! I'm sure you're not turning into the marshmallow man though! I can promise you that! Yeah that diabetes test drink was nasty. It was okay at first but at the end I realized it had wayyyyy too much sugar in it. The drink used to be even nastier according to people with older children, so I'm greatful that they've made it better. 27lbs in 27 week is NOT bad so don't feel bad!!

astw22 - It IS so hard to believe that we're almost there! 11 weeks for me! I also starting going every 2 weeks. My next doctor's appt is in 3 days, even though I just had one lol. We aren't taking those classes or anything. My mom thinks I should but I don't think we need to.

*Ammelyn is feet down and she just kicked me really really far down there and it REALLY didn't feel that great. I've heard that babies can kick you in the cervix. Do you think that's what she did? It was like a sharp pain when she did it. And then she did it again and the same sharp pain followed. I wish she wouldn't do that. I'd rather get kicked in the ribs than the cervix. LOL.

Take care girls! Bye!

Girls
LiveYourDreams
0603David
LeesGirl
Froggie98
Momx2in04

Boys
Haleysmum
tari

Surprises
astw22
TracieWilton

Last edited by LiveYourDreams; 08-15-2004 at 10:02 AM.

Old 08-16-2004, 08:18 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Momx2in04 HB User

Hey ladies!
Man that weekend went by WAY too fast! Is anyone still working? Part-time or full-time? I plan to work full-time up until the very end unles the doctor takes me out for some reason. After Sophie is born though, I get to go part-time and I can't WAIT! I will be working Mon, Tues, Wed, 8-5. Hey, to me that is awesome after working Mom-Fri 8-5 for 3 years! I get 4 days a week with my kiddies now instead of 2! It's worth losing the extra $ but I'm still really nervous about losing half my income. Hopefully it will work out!
Okay...so I went and got the iron pills. TMI ahead...Let me tell you...I have literally not "gone" to the bathroom in 3 days and I have gained 5 lbs in 3 days just from that. I called the dr. this morning to make sure it's ok to take the stool softeners (it said to consult your dr before using) and thank goodness the nurse said it is fine to take them. The energy hasn't really picked up at all at this point, but the constipation is here and with it the hemhorroids are back...nasty things. I am just so uncomfortable with the combination of acid reflux, constipation, 5 extra lbs, hem's, etc that I can hardly stand to be in my own skin!!! ARGH! I will take those other pills tonight and hopefully solve several problems at once! LYD, by the way, I did find a generic brand, not the one you mentioned but Wal-Mart had a brand that was $5 for 50...so that's MUCH better!

Tracie - OMG, I can't believe you said you are up to a "big 154"! LOL I weighed about that before I got pg! I was on the LA Weight Loss diet program and I started at around 180. I got down to 156 and got pg. I will be 27 weeks tomorrow and I've gained 29 lbs. (Although I think 5 of that is from the constipation problem!) So don't feel bad...I wish I'd started out at my ideal weight but it just didn't work out that way! After Sophie is born, I will have to lose the pg weight plus go back to LA to get to my goal of 120! I hope breastfeeding will help me...plus I am muscular as I did cardio and weights on my diet and have continued walking during my pregnancy. Don't worry...I think you're doing great! And probably the reason you've been having those symptoms you mentioned is b/c as the baby gets heavier, it compresses the digestive system...intestines, etc, so things slow down quite a bit. Eat lots of fiber!

astw22 - I pre-registered at the hospital already too. Although, I have to say, I did the same with my son and still had to sit and fill out paperwork when I went in to have him...but I was induced so maybe that's why! We aren't taking a prenatal class this time. We did last time, and it was okay. I think it's good for first-timers just to learn the terms and what to basically expect at delivery. The thing is, all those breathing techniques, I did not use at all! And the delivery will go differently for everyone so all you can get is very generic info. I think it's great to go for fun and for basic info, but if you skipped it you wouldn't miss out on anything. That's just my humble opinion!

LYD - That is so great about your friend. I'm glad her baby is healthy. As different as the parents look there was no telling how the baby would come out! I guess the dark skin/hair must be dominant huh? My DH has fair skin, dark blonde hair and blue eyes, I have olive skin, brown hair and green/brown hazel eyes and my son got my skin and DH's hair/eyes! It's actually cute b/c he tans really easy and then has this dark blonde hair - HUGE blue eyes and eyelashes I'd kill for. Like a mini surfer dude. LOL Future heartbreaker...
BTW, just fair warning! Before I had Ian, I weighed 120 (5'4") and ate whatever I wanted all the time. I didn't work out, just stayed small, size 5. Well, after Ian was born, that all changed and I have to watch everything I put in my mouth. So beware...in my experience and that of every other mom I know, your metabolism really changes after you have a baby and you might find it's not so easy to be skinny anymore! I was 20 when I had Ian so not much older than you are now, and that still held true for me. I hope it's easy for you...but just a head's up! As to your question about the kicks hurting...yes...that happens to me too! Some of them do really hurt! And sometimes if I'm lying on my side, Sophie will move against the side that's pressed into the bed and it tickles so bad!! The worst is when she kicks my bladder...like I didn't have to pee often enough already! I'm glad she's doing great in there but man I can't wait til she's born!!!

Well off to work... bye ladies!

Old 08-16-2004, 11:39 AM   #8
Veteran

0603david HB User

Hi everyone-

LYD- You amaze me to how you can keep up with everyone's posts. It's really nice. Yes, I have been kicked in the cervix. It's not tat it hurt but it felt way to low to be possible. Autumn's feet are in my upper right rib and has been for a couple weeks. I think she is diagonal right now. Her head is down and in the left pelvis. Or else I have it backwards but it sure feels more like a foot in my ribs than an elbow.

I am experiencing severe anxiety today. My Mom started complaining about something at my house and I had to tell her to stop talking to me. I have so many thoughts right now that I can't take one more problem entering my mind. I also go through these anxiety phases of leaving my kids with other people like my Mom or my husbands MOm. I know they are good to them but I feel like only I can watch them the best. But there are some places they cannot go like weddings, funerals etc... I think it is mentally hard being a Mom but I know pregnancy makes it feel 100 times worse. These stupid hormones!!!!!

So I think I gained alot of weight this month. I think some of it is water but I stepped on the scale and in 2 weeks I gained 5 pounds. Uh, oh.

Anyone else running out and buying new make up or getting their hair and nails done to make themselves feel better??? I have a wedding to go to and I am dying my hair(I think that is OK) bought new lipstick, and getting a manicure. Well, gotta get more work done....

Old 08-16-2004, 12:08 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

Well I have a story to tell now. But it's bad news.

I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions lately, which is normal. Well yesterday I was having a lot but I didn't really think anything of it. As the day progressed, I started having more and more contractions. By 8pm I was having them every few minutes. I was getting worried and didn't want to wait until the next day to call my OB, so I called the emergency line for my OB. She told me to go down to the hospital. So me and Alfredo went down there and checked in at 9:15pm. By that time I was having them almost every minute. Alfredo was timing them and I had 3 in less than 5 minutes. Not good. The nurse started looking for Ammelyn's heartbeat. Well they couldn't find it and I was getting really worried when Ammelyn got mad and started kicking the doppler. The nurse was laughing so hard because all you could hear were her kicks. She was like "Oh you got a handful in there!" I was like "Oh I know it!!" She never found her heartbeat but I mean, a baby can't be kicking and moving if it doesn't have a heartbeat. So she just took the heart monitor off because all she was doing was chasing Ammelyn around my stomach. LOL. I was still having contractions but not as often. A different nurse came in and tried to find Ammelyn's heartbeat. The nurse was so funny and nice. She was having a ball trying to find her heartbeat. She eventually found it and had it for about 30 seconds when Ammelyn moved again. She said that that night all the stubborn babies had been girls! Ammelyn is definitely stubborn!! She said her heartbeat was somewhere in the 140's which is what it always is, so that was fine. She said that the contractions might be from not drinking enough water, which I doubted or I would have been having contractions a long time ago. I drank a bunch of water ( I was still having contractions) and the nurse went to call my OB to tell her. Well the nurse came back and said that my OB wanted the nurse to check to see if I was dialated. The nurse didn't think it was necessary and she even said "You're not going to be dialated or anything but I'm going to check." Well has anyone had a check when you're not effaced or anything? OW!! It hurt so bad!! She was like "Uh oh. You flunked your dialation exam." She said I was 1cm dialated, 0% effaced. She said it's better to be a little dialated than a little effaced but it's still really bad because I'm nowhere near full term. So the contractions weren't because I wasn't drinking enough water, they're because I'm dialating already. She went to call my OB and came back and said that my OB said I'm basically on bedrest. I'm on restricted activity which is basically the same thing as bedrest. I can't really go anywhere or walk around a lot. Mostly just stay still. My OB appt is tomorrow anyways so we'll see what she says. I might have to go in more often, is what the nurse thinks. I figured the same thing. I woke up this morning and walked out to the kitchen and had a Braxton-Hick within like a minute. That's the only one I've had though and I've been awake for an hour and a half so I think things have calmed down. Restricted activity isn't fun but it's worth it because at least Ammelyn will stay in there longer. Hopefully I can make it to 37 weeks (full term)!

Momx2in04 - I'm glad you found some cheap iron pills! The ones you got are the exact cost of what mine cost. Well $10 for 100. I hope they don't make you constipated!

I'm glad my friend's baby is healthy too! And yeah, black hair and brown eyes are very dominant. That's why when I saw her, I knew that my daughter will probably look exactly like her daddy! Which is good. LOL your son IS a future heartbreaker!! He sounds so adorable!

That sucks about every mom you know not being able to eat what they want after they have a baby. With younger people having babies, a lot of their metabolisms stay the same. I'm so young that it more than likely will. Plus, my mom's metabolism never went down. She had 3 kids and is the same weight she was before she even got pregnant with any of us. She's 5'8" and 115lbs. My whole family is skinny and has really fast metabolisms. My mom also went down to her normal sizes right away after having all of us. I know I will too because I can fit into all my clothes, the baby is just in the way. I can still button my jeans and everything. I'm taking pre-pregnancy clothes to the hospital to have her because if I can still button them now, they're going to fit after I have her! I'm glad for that!

Ammelyn does that too. When I lay in bed, she moves to that side and kicks so she kicks the bed. LOL. It doesn't feel too good.

0603david - Yeah, when Ammelyn kicked me in the cervix, it seemed way too low to be possible. Ammelyn still spends a lot of time head up and she really seems to prefer being sideways. I'm sorry about your anxiety. The hormones will go away soon and we can all be happy again!! I'm pretty sure dyeing your hair is okay, just not early in pregnancy. But be warned that it might not take or it might turn a funny color due to hormones. I know people that dyed their hair when they were pregnant and the hormone changes made it turn a different color.

Bye girls! Take care!

Girls
LiveYourDreams
0603David
LeesGirl
Froggie98
Momx2in04

Boys
Haleysmum
tari

Surprises
astw22
TracieWilton

Last edited by LiveYourDreams; 08-16-2004 at 12:17 PM.

Old 08-16-2004, 05:48 PM   #10
(female)

astw22 HB User

First of all, OMG LYD!!!! that is soo scary. Im glad that everything is okay for now and let us know how your ob appt goes tomorrow. Bed rest i am sure sucks but Ammelyn is better off in your tummy right now. I know someone who;s water broke at 27 weeks, she had to have steroid shots and spend the next 3 months on bed rest in the hospital. You need to take it easy and take care of yourself and your little girl.

Mom2x's : I am still working right now full time. My last day of work is Oct 6th. I am a social worker and my job is highly stressful so I am looking forward to being off and taking it easy. I am not sure if I will return to work after my maternity leave. In Canada we get a year.. so I have a year to think about it. If I do return to work I doubt it will be the same kind of job. I am planning on taking an accounting course or so at community college in sept.

David - I hear ya on the hormones. My god, last friday I was in a horrific mood. I dont know what is wrong with me.. I dont know if you ever feel this way but I was really restless not knowing what I wanted to do but not really wanting to do anything.. My body was aching and my DH and animals were getting on my last nerve. Luckily on Sat morning I woke up feeling better but man was I a wreck on friday.

Like the rest of you have mentioned, I too feel the baby kick in the cervix.. yikes that hurts.. i usually will get booted twice before he/she stops. Also bedtime is the best time for the baby to act up. Seems he/she goes wild and yes which ever side I lay on I always feel the kicks..

Tracie, dont beat yourself up about the weight thing.. they say most weight gain is 25-35 lbs and there is only a little more time to go. 27 lbs at 27 weeks is pretty good I think. I have a lady at work that laughs when I tell her I have gained 21 lbs so far. She says that when she was pregnant she ate anything and everything and gained like 70 lbs. If you saw her you'd never know it. She is very thin but now eats a good diet and she exercises.

Haley's mom and Froggie - havent heard from you ladies in a while. Hope everything is going well.

well everyone I am off.. take care

Married DH - February 10, 2004
DD Avery Born - November 23, 2004

Old 08-16-2004, 07:11 PM   #11

TracieWilton HB User

Oh you ladies are too awesome.

Momx2in04- I cannot believe that you work full-time. I have the ultimate respect for people like you. And the fact that you are determined to work full-time until they give you the boot…I am starting to feel like a real wimp. I only worked the first three months of my pregnancy full-time. I was a beast, I think. I just felt so sick every day, anyone that said something remotely dumb (like the “How are you feeling” for the fifth time that day, when they didn’t really care), I wanted to eat them for lunch. How do you cope with the stress of work, when you have so much work going on inside of you? You have my ultimate respect and admiration.

And as far as the weight thing, I apologize for my comment about the BIG 154. I realize that I am not very big at all, and that everyone’s weight is indeed what it needs to be, if they are at least trying to be moderate in diet and do what is best for the baby. I have been giving myself a hard time since I first conceived. I have a sister in law who makes a HUGE deal out of weight gain during pregnancy, because she only gained 15 pounds, and looks like a Cosmopolitan Model 4 months after her child was born. I don’t think she does it on purpose, she just has some serious insecurities and voices things like that to make herself feel good. But as a survivor from a severe eating disorder myself, I knew pregnancy would be one of the greatest joys/hardest trials of my life.

But I am winning, I suppose Cause I have a happy, kickin baby inside of me

0603 David- Anxiety is my middle name. And it is so unpredictable. Sometimes I don’t even answer my phone from my family, who live on the mainland (I’m in HOT HUMID Hawaii), cause I am afraid of what I will say at any given moment. It’s best if we just talk when I am not ready to sign up for combat.

LYD- If you are as positive in person, as you have been on this board, then I think you are a champ, and can handle any trial that comes your way. You have been so compassionate towards others on this board, I don’t think there was anyone that read your post, and didn’t worry about you for the next hour. I am so glad you are finding out what to do, before something serious happens. Bedrest can be incredibly hard, but also a good time to get a lot of things done that you would never do otherwise. I know, because I have been very sedentary for the last little while due to my Diabetes (I talked about it earlier…it’s not sugar diabetes, but water, wherein I am always dehydrated no matter how much I drink, so I have to be careful how much water (sweat) I let out in activity. Plus, I have been having some serious cramping, which just turned out to be ligaments stretching because my frame is so small. So I pretty much stay on the couch. Even walking a block, and I start to feel a lot of pain in my abdomen, like I’ve never felt before. Sigh. I am starting to feel like I am going to need a C-Section because of how small my frame is. Plus, I fractured/shifted my pelvis when I was 12, and they informed me that I might have serious problems delivering vaginally. Anyways, I repeat, YOU ARE A CHAMP. I know you will, but please keep us updated on what your OB says about bedrest, and feel free to be completely lazy for the next little while

Astw22- Thanks so much for the encouragement. I am excited for you to enter the world of the non-working. We like it here! Social work is incredibly stressful. My Dad was a social worker for the military for 25 years, and he counted the days until retirement. I know one thing that social work requires, is to be non-emotional, and not get too involved with the emotions of your clients. That must be quite a struggle when pregnant Canada is a great place! A year for maternity leave…wow.

Talk to you guys later!

Tracie

Last edited by TracieWilton; 08-16-2004 at 09:11 PM.

Old 08-17-2004, 05:18 AM   #12
(female)

LeesGirl HB User

Hello Everyone!!!
Has anyone noticed that I have been missing??? Geez..... hahahhaa!
So sorry I haven't been on... And I just had to read all your posts to catch up!

I can't believe I am 27 weeks...that means the baby will be here in 13 weeks. Speaking of anxiety!!! I was unmaking my bed thinking of how much I love our bedroom because it is so tranquil! And then I thought.. OMG: It is not going to be just my hubby and I anymore.... That scared me a little bit. Not that I am regretting this AT ALL... I don't mean it like that at all because we are both SOOOOO excited and anxious to meet her, but it just hit me that we are seriously going to be parents in 13 weeks!!! Some of that anxiety stemmed from the fact that we can't start the nursery because we are finishing the basement and all the stuff for the basement is being stored in the nursery... We are also widening our driveway and putting up a retaining wall, so our front yard looks like a quarry right now!!! Not to mention i have to set up my classroom for work.... JUST A LOT GOING ON RIGHT NOW!!!!

LYD: I am so sorry that you went through that...Remember that I went through the scary "contracting too early" thing (not dialated though...and YES THAT HURTS SOOOO BAD WHEN THEY CHECK.... I thought I felt it in my throat!!!!!). But, like I said, it was so scary...and they said the water thing to me, too, so now I am drinking about 80 ounces of water a day!!! But, please take it easy...I know it is hard, but you can do it! And remember we are here for you!!! Lay down, Girl!!!

Tracie: Yippee....me and you are the same!!! I gained 27 lbs in 27 weeks!!! I am not trying to stress out about it too much, but it is hard... I am going to breastfeed, too, so hopefully that helps. I don't know for how long yet, but 6-8 weeks is my MAX. It's not practicle with my job... I teach 1st grade and I can't see saying, "excuse me kids while I pump!!" or taking all those 20 minute bathroom breaks...that's not fair to the kids. So, I don't want to be nursing when I'm working... But, anyways, I think I am gaining wieght so fast because......

I think I might have Gestational Diabetes. I just failed that glucose test yesterday (I actually liked the drink!!!) so I have to go back on Thursday at 6:45am and do the 3 hour testing!!! (not to mention that i have to starte fasting at midnight and can't eat or drink anything until the testing is over!!!) They make you drink the same drink but even sweeter (I don't think I'll like it as much!) and then they test you every hour!!! So 3 times I have to get my blood drawn.... UGH...I hate needles! I just hope Alexa and I are okay...but there isn't really anything I can about it and I have to realize that it is not my fault.... Which is hard for me

OH--And yes, Alexa has kicked my cervix a couple of times...it feels almost like siatica (sp?) because it stops you right in your tracks!! OUch! But, she still feels active, but more like rolling, squirming, too... I think LYD said that.. and I would have to agree. Still some kicks and punches, but just different I guess!

I am a teacher, as some of you know, so I have to go back to work in 1 1/2 weeks!!! I am actually going in this week to set up my classroom my open house is next week... then the teachers start the 31st and the kids the 1st. I am so tired lately I have NO IDEA how I am going to do this!!! My goal is to work until my water breaks, but we'll see! I just don't want to waste my maternity leave before Alexa is even here, you know?

Well, I think that is all for now... keep all your fingers crossed that I don't have G. Diabetes... UGH.

Good luck everyone! LYD: Stay rested!!!!!!!!!! (how is the apartment hunt going?)
Born: 10/23/04 10:41pm
6 pounds 8 ounces
17.5 inches long

Old 08-17-2004, 07:32 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Momx2in04 HB User

Wow! Everyone came at once!

0603david - I really undertand your anxiety about leaving your kids with someone. I have had to leave my son with my MIL every Mon-Fri since he was 6 months old - he's now 3 1/2. It breaks my heart every day to leave him, but I'm glad he can be with his Granny and not some day care. Soon I know I will have to leave Ian AND Sophie with her, but only 3 days a week instead of 5 so I guess it's an improvement. It is so hard leaving them b/c you do feel like no one can care for them as well as you can - and I think it's mostly true. There's no one like a mommy! I also sympathize with you gaining 5 lbs in 2 weeks - that's what I did in the past 2 weeks but I think it's from the iron pills. I hope I will even back out before my dr appt Monday so I will not get on the scale and feel awful! Speaking of pampering...I have had the biggest urge to get a pedicure lately - I just know the foot and calf massage would feel SO awesome! I might have to indulge!

LYD - Oh, you scared me with your post - when you said "it's bad news" my heart jumped into my throat! I really hope that the resting and drinking water will keep Miss Ammelyn in there where she belongs until 37 weeks or more! I would go nuts being stationary all the time but if that's what it takes, then it's something you just deal with! I am glad that it didn't go the other way and end up with you delivering a serious preemie. I will pray for you that you get as close to full term as possible! About the metabolism and weight loss after baby is born - I didn't mena to say that you won't get back to your old self. I know lots of friends and family who look as good or better after their babies are born - what I meant to say was now they have to try a little harder to stay that way. Whereas before it might have been easy to stay slim, now they have to watch their diet carefully and exercise. If it is that easy for you and your family - wow! - you are really lucky! It's never been easy for me so stay small, but especially after having Ian. I bet you will slide right back into your tiny jeans after giving birth whereas I will wear maternity pants for 6 months! LOL

astw22 - WOW! I can't believe you get 1 year of maternity leave! That is amazing! In the US we are guaranteed up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave, and most employers don't pay any. I'm lucky to be getting 6 weeks of paid leave. A year - man, that would be so nice! And I'm happy for you that you will be able to stop working after the baby. Social work seems like it would be very stressful. I'm an insurance agent and it isn't too bad but there are times when doing a job that is closely tied to state laws can get stressful. I plan to work part-time after my leave, which will be a vast improvement over full-time!

TracieWilton - Don't feel like a wimp! Working full-time SUCKS!! Believe me, if it wasn't absolutely necessary for financial reasons, I wouldn't work at all. It's just something I have no choice in at this time. I'm considering myself lucky to work part-time afterward but I confess to a smidgen on envy for those who get to stay home. Maybe someday! As for the BIG 154 thing...I wasn't upset! Everyone has their ideal weight, as you said. And 154 isn't mine! I started out overweight which will make my weight loss after the baby comes even harder. I didn't want to put off expanding my family for something as shallow as weight though, so I went ahead and got pg and I'm glad I did. I hope that once I cam breastfeeding and back on my diet plan I'll hit my goal of 120 within a few months! I've been really careful with my diet while I've been pg, and I think 26-29 lbs in 27 weeks is pretty good for me. (I don't know exactly how much I weigh b/c it fluctuates daily!)

LeesGirl - There you are! Glad you came back! I hate that you failed your GD 1-hour test. BUT that doesn't mean you'll fail the 3-hour. I failed my 1-hour with my son and passed the 3-hour but I was so nervous that I'd fail! I hope that you pass the 3-hour too! I'll pray for ya! As far as the nursery - ugh, don't reming me! LOL I still havne't even started! I have to paint before doing anything else and every weekend I plan to do it, but it just never happens! Only 13 weeks to go - well, less really since it should be done BEFORE I go into labor! - so I better get started soon! I hope your renovations get done soon so you can get some things done too! Do you know when they are supposed to be finished?

Okay- one last thing. Remember my friend who had the preemie twins? Well, the smaller one, Madison, came home yesterday! She only weighs 3 1/2 lbs! Her big sister had to stay behind b/c they want to makre sure her heart is 100% healthy before she leaves. But she should be out soon too. I bet it is so hard to bring home one baby and leave 1 behind. But - it's better than the last few weeks having them both at the hospital, I guess. I can't imagine having a 3.5 lb baby to take care of! She's like a doll!

Uh-oh, the boss is here...better go look busy! LOL See ya later!

Old 08-18-2004, 08:01 AM   #14
Veteran

0603david HB User

Hi Everyone-

LYD: I can't beleive they put you on bedrest. It sucks but I guess it's something we have to do sometimes. I'm hoping I don't get put on bedrest this time around, I don't even think it's possible with a 2.5 year old baby running around. Speaking of contractions though. I don't know what I ate yesterday but OMG I thought I was going into labor I had so many digestive cramps. I was on and off the toilet for 2 hours. I was sweating so bad that I thought I was in labor. It reminded me of how much fun I am going to have again in October LOL. Then I woke up with heartburn and I just can't shake it. Man, I wish I could pin point what happened because I will never eat that again!

Momx2: Thank you for being so sympathetic towards my feelings about leaving my babies. It is truly the hardest thing I have to do. It's bad enough the government takes them away at 4 or 5 years old for school. However, I know they HAVE to go to school. I just try to have alot of fun with my son now but it is hard being 7 months pregnant. I get tired easy and I don't do alot with him. Hopefully next year will be better when I am not pregnant.

Tracie: I know what you mean about not answering the phone. I do that too, it's like if I hear one more problem I am going to scream. We all have enough going on in our lives already. I don't think I would want to be pregnant in Hawaii. It's beautiful but man of man it's got to be hot. I am in northern US and it has been a mild summer so no swelling yet

We all have major projects going on I'm sure. My SIL is having a boy and I am having a girl. We are having the opposite of what we originally thought and opposite of what the Chinese Predictor Chart says!

Old 08-18-2004, 11:45 AM   #15

TracieWilton HB User

HELLO!

I was wondering if you ladies had any idea how safe it was to travel in your third trimester? I am going to California next week, and I will almost be thirty weeks by then. With no foreseeable complications, should this be ok? I am going to ask my doctor on Monday, and would be very disappointed if she advised me not to go.

LeesGirl: Wow, it seems like you have a lot on your plate, Superwoman! I think if we had nothing to worry about in our lives, save to make these babies, then that would be enough. It’s nice to have a soul sister…regarding the 27 pounds. Except, I hope you don’t have Gestational Diabetes, because that can be very difficult. In fact, I hope I don’t have it likewise, but maybe that would explain the weight gain. Who knows? I just took the test last week, and they haven’t gotten back to me yet…but unfortunately, my doctor is not very proactive about letting me know about anything, because of how many patients she stacks her schedule with. Sometimes I get a little angry. I figure, we are paying so much for our insurance to receive this individualized care, and I have yet to feel like an ‘individual’ in that office, as I always end up waiting forever to be seen. Sorry, tangent….I am good at those. Anyways, let us know about the diabetes.

Momx2in04: It’s true…there is no one like a mommy. I spent years studying child development in college, and if there is one assertion I can truly make for all of my education, that would be it. And I don’t think you should feel bad at all for working part—time…in fact, I think you should pat yourself on the back for being able to ‘do it all,’ and for sacrificing so much for your little ones. Regarding the weight issue once again, you go girl. I too have been very careful with my diet, as have you, and we seem to have gained around the same weight. This just reaffirms my belief that God puts on you what you need to bring a beautiful healthy baby in this world, even if you spend your whole pregnancy regarding chocolate and sugar as profanity, which I basically have.

0603david: That digestive nightmare happens to me every so often…just out of the blue. Consequently, my pregnancy diet has been one of the most bland experiences of my life, because almost anything with taste can set it off, which makes it practically impossible to narrow down the offender. A side note, one of the most pure joys of my pregnant state, has been to actually have a regular um ‘movement,’ if you get my drift. It leaves me in a good mood all day long! Bless your heart for living in a mild climate. My husband must think I am the most dramatic woman in the world, the way I react to this humidity. I could take 10 showers a day, and still be sweating for the majority of the day. We have no AC in either house or car, so I’ve decided to find myself a furniture store, sit down on one of those heavenly big fluffy couches, and read while my husband ‘browses.’ At least, I’ll tell people he’s browsing until they get the point that I am alone and just want some air conditioning. I haven’t done this yet, but I swear I am on my way.

LYD: Where are ya? Are you ok? Let us know how the bedresting is going….

Bye girls!
Tracie

Last edited by TracieWilton; 08-18-2004 at 04:05 PM.

Closed Thread