It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 11:26 AM   #1
Veteran

Bella535 HB User
3-4 Days PREGNANT?!??!!?!?!

Hi everyone, yesterday I posted a message about my doctor telling me that I may have an ectopic pregnancy or a chemical pregnancy. Basically, he took a blood test and found a slight amount of pregnancy hormone in my blood so he asked me to come back in yesterday and he drew more blood and he examed me and told me I was pregnant by only 3 or 4 days. He was looking for something and it looked like he didnt find what he was looking for he was telling me that he never saw the fetus that way and he gave me an appointment for this comming tuesday when the fetus is adrop bigger. Does anyone know what he was looking for? his way of speaking did make me abit nervous. does anyone know what he was looking for? heartbeat? was it too early to check?

Old 08-12-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User
Re: 3-4 Days PREGNANT?!??!!?!?!

I think what he means by 3 or 4 days pregnant is that it's been 3 or 4 days since you actually got pregnant, since conception. Pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period. So if your periods are regular you're really 2 weeks and 3 or 4 days pregnant or somewhere around there. It's WAYY too early to check for the heartbeat. You can see it on an ultrasound later. I saw my little girl's heartbeat on the ultrasound at my first appt at 10 weeks. They don't listen to the heartbeat until even later, 12 weeks is about average. I heard my baby girl's at the next appt, at 14 weeks.

Ammalin Rose - 10.23.2004
Nevaeh Marie - 05.16.2006

Last edited by LiveYourDreams; 08-12-2004 at 11:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #3

SpeisFamily HB User

I can hardly believe that he saw anything on the ultrasound, it is way too early. If he could see anything, I doubt he could see a problem as your baby isn't even a baby yet, it's just a spot. As long as your HCG levels are rising quickly you are doing well. Don't worry. wait and see. Congratulations!!!!

Last edited by SpeisFamily; 08-12-2004 at 11:40 AM.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:39 PM   #4
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

The truth is its only a sac and your right he probably wouldnt have seen anything but he knew to look for it. What I was wondering was he was definately looking for SOMETHING but I'm not sure what and he said a comment that bothered me "I'm not used to seeing it like that" what does that mean? thats its too early or something is wrong? He got me worried.

Old 08-12-2004, 03:11 PM   #5

SpeisFamily HB User

He's probably never seen one that early in a pregnancy. Don't worry yourself, worry can harm the baby. Pray and rest, I will also be praying for you.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:42 PM   #6
(female)

kimde HB User

Yes, truly, you hardly have anything to see quite yet. I agree with the others...most women are at least ten days pg by the time something actually shows up on a pg test. So don't worry. We had an u/s at seven weeks and our baby looked like a small jellybean--like a little blob. We were able to see his heart beating then, so I was reassured he was doing okay. So, your little guy is much tinier right now. What you want to look for now are your pg hormone numbers to double every few days. You won't know until another blood test is ordered. Good luck!!

Old 08-13-2004, 06:28 AM   #7
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

He did call me in for another blood test the day he got the first blood test results back. I will call him today and ask him whats up because I am alittle worried. When do u ladies think its ok to tell other people.

Old 08-13-2004, 07:42 AM   #8
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

I called my doc and he said my numbers are going up beautifully

Old 08-13-2004, 07:59 AM   #9
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User

Hi Bella,

Just want to say I am soooo glad they are going up!! Your doc should have explained his comment to you!! But that is great news about your numbers!! Congrats and have a happy and healthy 9 months!!

Flutter

Old 08-13-2004, 05:11 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

healthseeker HB User

Hi there Bella! I have been following this site for awhile and have read many of your posts and I just wanted to give you a HUGE CONGRATS! Maybe those herbs are the key, huh? Anyway, be good to yourself and take care........have a H&H nine months!!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2004, 06:27 AM   #11
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User

Hi Bella,

I have a question for you!!?? Healthseeker says that you had been taking the herbs!!?? Did you take the "Pregnancy Potion" herbs? That is what I am taking but just wondering about you and how you found them.
And about letting people know....I have heard some people say that if they have had m/c in the past (like one of my best friends) they wait till the 2nd trimester just to be safe, but if your like me.....I wouldn't be able to hold something so exciting in for more than...oh.....a day!!?? lol....but I think it's totally up to you and what you feel comfortable with! Again I say congrats and have a great 9 months!!

Flutter

Old 08-16-2004, 08:00 AM   #12
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

Ladies I didnt try the herbs! I've had allergy reactions to using herbs so I was afraid to use them. This was completely natural! My doctor had actually given me provera to get af and then I would start clomid but obviously there was no need. Oh and also, I guess I was alittle confused but I have to be 2 be at least 2 weeks preggers till the egg implants so it was a mistake on my part. the doctor saw the egg 2-3 days after it implanted.

Last edited by Bella535; 08-16-2004 at 08:02 AM.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:23 AM   #13
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User

Oh wow!! Well then that's even better that you did it all natural!! That is great!!! So how far along are ya? And is this your first? Have a great day!

Flutter

Old 08-16-2004, 11:57 PM   #14

raige722 HB User

Hello,
I am Heather,21. During my first pregnancy I had my first sonogram at 4 weeks because I don't have regular periods. I had no clue that I was even pregnant. They showed me what my baby looked like. It was literally just a tiny ***. They had to do an internal sonogram to show me that much. I wouldn't worry at all. Most likely he was talking about how he wasn't used to looking at a 3-4 day old fetus. It is really not very usual for a woman to find out that she is pregnant until she has actually missed her period and even then most doctors want you to wait so many weeks to have your first ultrasound. I hope that everything goes good for you. Just relax and take it easy.
Keep us posted.

Old 08-17-2004, 07:34 AM   #15
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

Hey Raige it seems like we had the same experience here. I actually have to go see my gyn tonight because like you said he wasnt used to seeing the fetus so soon. well see whats up today. Raige are you nausious yet? Sometimes I get really sick to my stomach. I feel that bread helps that ALOT!

Lemme know

Closed Thread