It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 02:37 PM   #1

fatally yours HB User
Question Cramping?

I've posted here a few times before a while back, wondering whether or not I was pregnant. Not sure if anyone remembers. Turns out I wasn't though. Anyway, I'm a little confused right now. My period is now 5 days late, which is very strange because I've been on a 27 day schedule for about a year now. I didn't really think my period was going to be late because I started experiencing my usual PMS symptoms right on schedule. I was craving certain foods, eating constantly, moody, etc. I didn't really have any cramps, but that's not unusual for me. I was supposed to start Tuesday. The day came and went, and no period. On Wednesday my breasts started getting sore and today, they're almost unbearably sore. It hurts just to walk, and I'm not very big on top so it's not like I've got a lot of bouncing going on! lol But that's not really too uncommon for me either. I usually do get sore (although usually not this sore!) when I have PMS. I also started getting cramps on Wednesday. They've gotten progressively worse as each day goes by. They're at the point where they're really really painful, and that's kinda weird because I haven't had bad cramps like that in a long time.

Sooooooo, I'm sort of thinking that maybe this cycle was just off, and I will be starting my period in a day or two. But pregnancy was a possibility this cycle, and there are a few weird things about it. The main thing making me think I can't be pregnant are these horrible cramps. Can a person have cramps that bad and still be pregnant? I've been putting off taking a test, because I have a feeling that as soon as I take one, I'll start my period later that day or the next day and I've only got one test left. If I don't start in a couple days, I'll for sure take it.

I hope you're all doing very well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User
Re: Cramping?

Ya know.....In July, right around the time I should have gotten my period, I got moody, crampy, tired, all the symptoms of PMS....BUT...it never showed up, and turns out that was because I am pregnant. My suggestion, either take the test, or go to your doctor office or planned parenthood and try ot get a test. It is better to know that to worry yourself crazy not knowing.

I wish you the best of luck, whatever the case may be........

Keep posting and let us know okay?

Old 08-16-2004, 09:13 AM   #3

happygrl HB User

You definitely could be pregnant. I have had a lot of cramping in the last two weeks and I am 5 and 1/2 weeks pregnant. At times I thought that I might get my period, but I have taken several tests and all are positive. From what I read on this board, many women have a lot of cramping, especially in the first several weeks. They also say that if it is your first child the cramping might be worse because of all of the changes in your body.

Old 08-17-2004, 08:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I had alot of cramping right around when AF was due....

Old 08-17-2004, 12:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

SO??!?!?! What's the answer? PG or AF? Have you taken a test? has AF showed? Don't keep us in suspense!!

Old 08-17-2004, 10:28 PM   #6

fatally yours HB User

First off, I want to thank you all for your replies and concern. I really do appreciate that. Secondly, I'm in shock... I just took a test and it was VERY positive. It's so weird, as I had said before, my boyfriend and I were halfway trying to get pregnant, yet somehow I think I thought it would never really happen. So when I saw those two lines... I've honestly never been so shocked or scared in my life. I know that nothing in my life will ever equal that feeling. The second line showed up almost as fast as the first line, and it's almost just as dark. I looked at the two lines for a while, then I checked the instructions about 5 times thinking that maybe two lines meant "not pregnant," even though I knew very well that it meant "pregnant." My mind just wasn't working right. Then I called my boyfriend and I don't even remember walking to the phone and dialing his number. I could tell he was in shock, too, but he was so good about it. He was so sweet and everything so that made me calm down a little. But wow. I still can't believe it. I am happy but I'm also terrified of telling my parents. I'm 21 years old so it's not like I'm extremely young to be having a baby, but they're not really big fans of having babies without being married first. But there's no going back now... what's done is done. I'm going to take another test tomorrow, I have no idea why because that positive obviously wasn't a mistake. Okay I'm totally rambling here, I'm sorry.

Thank you all again. I'm sure I'll be a very regular poster here now.

Old 08-18-2004, 04:04 AM   #7
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

Firts, congratulations I hope! Second... as for telling your parents, wait till youa re 12 weeks and are sure the pregnancy is going well... this will give you some time to talk to our BF and figure out how to tell our parents appropiatly, and also, this will save some heartache should something go wrong (of course nothing will *grin*) Good luck!
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Old 08-18-2004, 08:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Congratulations!! Hooray!!! you were killing me by just leaving us hanging like that!

I think waiting- especially if there is a chance they might not be 100% supportive- is a good idea. You don't need that sort of stress right now!

Don't worry about feeling nervous. I think almost everyone goes through that. Even though we were trying (we'd even had a miscarriage in March), I swear the first thing that went trough my head, if only for a second, was "Oh my God, what have we done?!?! I never even wanted kids!!" I still think that sometimes, but I don't really mean it. It's just a scary, exciting time.

Have you called a doctor yet?

Old 08-18-2004, 10:22 PM   #9

fatally yours HB User

Thank you both for your congratulations. I think I made it sound like I wasn't very happy about it, but I am. I was just in so much shock... but once that started wearing off, I started getting pretty excited! I agree with your advice on waiting to tell my parents until I'm 12 weeks a long. The thing is, the situation right now is kind of crappy. My boyfriend and I were planning to move across the state this winter. He ended up having to go sooner because the job he had lined up wanted him to go sooner than they expected. So just this last Sunday, he moved there. It's kind of weird, because before he left, we were both joking about how after all that time I never got pregnant, it'd be just our luck that I was pregnant now. lol Figures, huh? Anyhow, my plan was originally to just stay here for a few more months so I could save up more money before moving there. So I'm living at home now with my parents, in order to be able to save up as much money as possible. Now I'm thinking of cutting it down to just two months before I leave. I'm just scared to go there because all my family lives here. So there I'll be, pregnant for the first time, and 6 hours from home. But I'm going to do everything I possibly can to be able to have the baby here. I really need my family with me for that.

As for the parents situation, I know they'll be sad, probably a little angry, a little disappointed, but they're very very caring and loving people and I have no doubt that they'll end up embracing this and I know they'll love my baby. It'll be my mom's first grandchild! (She has 5 half? grandkids from my dad's kids from a previous marriage. So my dad already has some full grandkids. lol) I am scared to tell them. I know it would be totally fine if I was just married. But for whatever reason, God has decided to give me this blessing now, and I will gladly accept it as just that - a blessing.

Also wanted to say that I took another test tonight (different brand) and it was also very positive.

Okay enough with the life story! lol Lawgirl, I wanted to say that when I first found this board was around the time you had your miscarriage. I came to the board every once in a while as a lurker, and read about how you were wanting so badly to get pregnant again. Then I saw your post in which you said you were pregnant, and I tried to post my congratulations to you a few times, but for some reason it wouldn't let me... I'd hit the "submit reply" button and it would always say that "page not found" stuff. Eventually I gave up, but I'll say it now: CONGRATULATIONS!! I really am so happy for you. You seemed to want that so badly, and I'm very glad you got it! I wish you, and all the others, happy and healthy pregnancies!!

Old 08-19-2004, 03:14 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

Wow ! COngrats! I did the same thing with the directions after peeing on 3 of those darn things. I am 13weeks 6 days and really it hasn't set in quite yet,but becoming real as we speak. Good luck and Hope all goes well for you and your soon to be family!@Oh yeah, I am not married either and thought that all parties involved besides my BF and I were going to be angry. Only one person was upset but with due cause. I am sure your parents will be ok. Any baby is a blessing.

Last edited by andrea_021880; 08-19-2004 at 03:16 AM.

Old 08-20-2004, 10:44 PM   #11

fatally yours HB User

Andrea, thank you for your encouragement! I need all of that I can get. Congrats on your pregnancy! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Old 08-21-2004, 07:12 PM   #12
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

Congratulations Fatally!!

My dh and I are ttc at the moment, and I can't wait for that BFP!!! As far as your parents go, yeah, they sound like mine, and with my son my mom was SOO disappointed for about a day. I also lived with her at the time. As my pg progressed, she was there at every appointment, and held my hand through delivery (still has the scar to prove it! lol) She LOVES my son like one of her own since she was there the whole time. He is her favorite (or maybe just in our own secret worlds..hehe) grandchild, and she really did get over it.

Good luck.

Nicole
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Old 08-21-2004, 07:31 PM   #13

mattswife HB User

you know when i was pregnant my first time and even know i have the same cramping prob. I went to the ER during my first pregnacy because I couldnt even ware a bra i went there and the doctor came out and told me i had good news and bad news well i was 18 at the time so i said Im not pregnant and he said no you areloL so to be honest if your breast are hurting that bad hunni you should go to the doc..I bet you may have a little baby:P

GooDLuCK Keep Us Posted:!!!!
Sincerly, Kacee (aka) MattsWife

Old 08-26-2004, 12:30 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

sorry I just saw your post directed to me, I am 24

Old 10-25-2004, 03:40 AM   #15

mattswife HB User
Wink Re: Cramping?

good luck with life:P

Last edited by mattswife; 10-25-2004 at 03:41 AM.

Closed Thread