It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 09:03 PM   #1
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User
Breast Tenderness...

Hi all...I have a question...when is the EARLIEST that some of you started feeling symptoms of being pg? My breasts are really tender, but I think that I might be just too hopeful of being pg. I already have one child, so I know what the normal signs/symptoms of being pg are, but I think it's way way too early to know. I don't expect AF for about a week or so. That could be a sign of AF, and I guess I'm hoping it's not.
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Old 08-15-2004, 10:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User
Re: Breast Tenderness...

well you took the words right out of my mouth!
i was just getting ready to post the EXACT same thread.....i may have concieved a few days ago (i hope) and my breasts feel sore......hopfully someone can help us both with this question.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2004, 08:20 AM   #3
(female)

starlet32079 HB User

Chrissy & Mommy21isaiah,
I have 2 girls and when I was pregnant the first time my breasts were soooo tender within days of conception. Shortly after that I started spotting and thought it was my period. It wasn't. I was pregnant. The second pregnancy I knew right away. I had tender breasts and I know this is gross but I was constipated. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I took it again 1 1/2 weeks later and it was positive. I was able to feel symptoms of both my pregnancies before I ever even missed a period. So in answer to your question I believe you can feel symptoms as early as a few days if you are in tune with your body. Good Luck

Old 08-16-2004, 08:24 AM   #4
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

I'm kind of excited to hear that. They hurt SOO bad, not like regular AF tenderness. The anticipation and waiting is so hard, especially since I was on the shot for 3 years and we want a baby so bad. I've heard some really bad horror stories of people ttc for years and years after the shot.

I know that it will happen when and if it is supposed to.

Thanks for the replies!

Nicole
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Old 08-16-2004, 09:08 AM   #5

happygrl HB User

I can only tell you that my breast are 10 times as soar as they usually are when I am just expecting AF. That was a big hint to me that I might be pregnant so I took a test the day before I expected AF and got a +. I am now 5 and 1/2 weeks and my breast are still so soar. You know your body and if it's worse than usual, you may be pregnant. Good Luck!

Old 08-16-2004, 09:33 AM   #6
(female)

starlet32079 HB User

You should try taking a test. I took my test about 1 week before my period was due and it was positive and then the doctor confirmed. If it comes back negitive try again in about 1 week. I am excited to hear what happens.

Old 08-16-2004, 09:40 AM   #7

Shadyfeline HB User

I have sort of the same type of question, What if you don't have any cramps or pains when you get AF? Would you then when you concieved? I have never gotten cramps or pain during monthly AF visits so would I know right away when I did get cramps or breast soreness? I've only been TTC for about 2 weeks but I was just curious because alot of the posts say that it feels just like AF is coming but I don't get any of those signs, except feeling bloated the week before.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:06 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Mine started feeling not only tender but HEAVY about 7 days after ovulation. The whole breast is tender, but the nipples especially, and they feel like there are lead weights in there or something. It started very soon for me.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:45 AM   #9
(female)

starlet32079 HB User

Shadyfeline- I don't really recall feeling crampy, I just remember feeling bloated and my breasts were soooo sore and heavy that it hurt to wear a bra. Like lawgirl said too, your nipples may start to feel very tender/sore also.

Old 08-16-2004, 01:48 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

yeah it is primarily my nipples that are sore too, but not a terrible pain or anything....but i know it isnt ususally like this because i have never noticed sore nipples b4 a AF.
i think the span i may have concieved in was between August 10-12, because i got a positive on my ovulation kit on the 10th.
and i know i didnt miss a day i may have been ovulating, i made it a point to do the baby dance from August 8-14th (the entire week i should have been fertile)....lol i was making sure that i didnt mess it up this time.

Last edited by Chrissi; 08-16-2004 at 01:49 PM.

Old 08-16-2004, 04:26 PM   #11

sheabyrd HB User

My daughter is now 3 months old, but and I almost forgot how soar they were right after I got pregnant. I remember that they were so tender within days of conceiving. The worst part of it is they're been soar for a year. Well, maybe not painfully soar, but extremely sensitive!. Especially now that i'm nursing. But it's all worth it! Good luck!

Old 08-17-2004, 07:37 PM   #12

wanna-b-free HB User

Same question here...

I stopped taking birth control in April. While on birth control, I didn't experience any menstrual symtoms. Once I stopped taking them, I started getting the good ol' AF symptoms. Cramps, sore nipples, etc. I am now a week away from AF.. about a week ago, my boobs got sore. Not the nipples as much as usual, it's the entire thing this time. And it started a week and a half to two weeks before my period is due. Does anyone experience AF symptoms that early? Guess I'll wait until Monday to see if AF arrives, I'm just curious!

Me and my hubby have been TTC for a few months now. But AF wasn't regulated at first. I got off birth control in April and didn't get a period until June. But my cycles have been regular and we've been doing the baby dance on the nights we're supposed to. So let's hope we'll get a BFP sometime soon! I want to be prego with my sister and she's already a little over 3 months ahead of me! lol!

Old 08-18-2004, 08:54 PM   #13

fatally yours HB User

My breasts started getting sore the day after my period was due to start, so it was about 2 weeks after conception. And boy were they sore! But as someone else mentioned, they were/are way more sore than they would get before my period.

Old 08-19-2004, 10:16 AM   #14

wanna-b-free HB User

Question about sore breasts... usually about a week before AF arrives, I'll feel lumps in my breasts. They're hardly ever sore. For pregnancy symptoms, are your breasts sore and have lumps or are they just sore?

Old 08-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #15
(female)

starlet32079 HB User

your breasts may feel a little lumpy due to the fact that your body is starting to prepare for a baby by making milk and colostrum. That could be what is happeneing with you. If you are concerned about it though you can put a call in to you ob/gyn.

Closed Thread