It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2004, 04:56 PM   #1

cool_kid HB User
How Long...? Please read!!

How long does it take a pregnant woman to first discover symptoms of pregnancy?

Old 08-16-2004, 08:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User
Re: How Long...? Please read!!

well some of the first signs can be breast soreness (you may get this just a few days after conception) fatiuge is also one. then the most obvious...missed period

problem with preg. symtoms is they are also symptoms of AF...so it can be kinda hard to know till you get a + result.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 08:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Depends on the woman. I know people who didn't have any symptoms until after they missed their period.

For me (though I didn't think I was PG at the time) I was fatigued...and had one day of bad nausea....*Shrugs* Nothing else showed up til after I missed AF.

Old 08-18-2004, 03:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

i had tingles in my breast before taking the test

Old 08-18-2004, 03:46 AM   #5
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

Personally, I just had this thought literally pop into my head out of no where to go and get a pregnancy test.... I was not even due for AF for a little over a week... my instinct was right..... As for physical symptoms, I never really had any until about 2 months along... truth!! Do you think you are pregnant?
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Old 08-18-2004, 03:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

It can be different for every woman and for every pregnancy. I have had 3 pregnancies. My first one I didn't find out until I was almost 3 months. I did not have any symptoms at all (I was still having a period). I happened to go in for my yearly Pap and found out I was pregnant........and was very shocked. My 2nd pregnancy....I found out very early. My period wasn't even late. I had a seizure and ended up at the ER and found out I was pregnant. My period wasn't due for another week at that point.........and of course that early I had no symptoms as well...........but the symptoms started to appear by my 6th week (that is when my belly started popping). With my last pregnancy.........I knew it before I even tested! My breasts were very sore and I just didn't feel well.

So, basically..........all 3 experiences were different for me.

Closed Thread