It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 07:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User
Unhappy Headaches!!!!!! Help!

Anyone have any ideas on how to help with these headaches? I take tylenol regular (recommended by doctor) but lately they are coming more often and i dont want to over do the meds but i am beginning to get desperate!

Old 08-17-2004, 07:55 AM   #2

Navywife22 HB User
Re: Headaches!!!!!! Help!

I had really really bad headaches in the beginning of my pregnancy. I took Tylenol but it barely made a dent in the pain. My doctor and several pregnant friends said to drink more water. If you are dehydrated, or don't have enough water in your system, it can cause terrible headaches.
I was skeptical but started drinking more any way. Within a day I noticed a huge difference and by the next day my headaches were gone. I have continued drinking a ton of water and really can tell a difference when I don't.
you may want to try it and see if it helps..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 09:11 AM   #3
(female)

walflower2 HB User

Before I got pregnant, I was on medication for migraines. My doc told me that there are some medications that can be taken for migraines while pregnant but I decided to try without. She also said that I could try extra strenth tylenol. I started getting headaches around 12 weeks and they lasted until I was about 17/18 weeks. I had them everyday and tylenol didn't help at all. Then just as quickly as they started, they were gone and I have only had one since. Hopefully your body will get used to all of the changes and your headaches will stop too. Good luck

Old 08-17-2004, 12:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

i am 16 weeks now so hopefully mine will go quickly as yours did. I also do nothing but drink tons of water but i will increase it some more to help. i am willing to try anything. i have actually been headache free for about 3 hours ... i just hope it lasts through the night. i was up late last night because of them. i noticed that the longer the headache lasted the more nauseted i got.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I've been having headaches/nausea/general puky feelings for a few days now. I read this post earlier about tons of water and I thought "I guess it can't hurt." I sat on the sofa, and before I made my way through 1/2 liter of water, I already had more energy. I mopped the floor, emptied the dishwasher, scrubbed the kitchen. What a difference it made! Thanks for the great advice! I thought I was getting enough, but clearly not.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:40 PM   #6

Navywife22 HB User

Lawgirl Ė
I am glad my advice on drinking water helped you. For me the difference is amazing!

You might notice that you will go to the bathroom more often when you first start drinking more. Over a few days your body will get use to it and the bathroom trips will slow down (as much as they can for a pg woman). Drinking more water also helps tremendously with swelling and painful legs / hands. If you donít drink enough you body will retain water in preservation mode, hence the swelling. As soon as it realizes that more water is continually coming in it will release the stored water.

Closed Thread