It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 06:11 AM   #1

Luciouz HB User
Unhappy Birth Control

Hello everyone, I have been on birth for 2 years (pills) and stopped. Now I have been using spermicide birth control inserts. I have not used the inserts in 6 months, so that means I am birth control free for 6 months. I am having intercourse with my husband, but I am not getting pregnant. Do you think the spermicide is still embedded in my system. Remember it has been 6 months since I HAVE NOT USED birth control AND I am 30 years old trying to have a child.

Thanks

Last edited by Luciouz; 08-18-2004 at 06:12 AM.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: Birth Control

First spermicide inserts dont last that long so it isnt a matter of them still being in you. Second 6 months may seem like a long time but in most cases doctors dont start doing testing and such until you have been ttc for a year,unless you are over 35.
Now it could be a matter of you missing your fertile days,that tends to be the problem in most cases. You can read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler to learn about charting and other such things that can help you get pregnant. Meanwhile make sure that from the day your period ends that you have sex every day or every other day until your next period is due. This will increase your chances. Also helps if your cycles are regular for you,by that I mean they are consistent and you know long your cycle is.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 08:29 AM   #3

Luciouz HB User
Talking Re: Birth Control

Okay I understand what you are saying. I come on my period every month faithfully to where I know exactly when my period is due. I am not on birth control and I come on my period regular every 24-28 days and period stays on for 4 days not heavy at all. I hope I can have a child. I have had 2 abortions in the past so that should not have an effect on my having children because I was pregnant twice before, right? Can you give me some more pointers when a woman is trying to conciveve who have recently stopped using birth control, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff9600
First spermicide inserts dont last that long so it isnt a matter of them still being in you. Second 6 months may seem like a long time but in most cases doctors dont start doing testing and such until you have been ttc for a year,unless you are over 35.
Now it could be a matter of you missing your fertile days,that tends to be the problem in most cases. You can read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler to learn about charting and other such things that can help you get pregnant. Meanwhile make sure that from the day your period ends that you have sex every day or every other day until your next period is due. This will increase your chances. Also helps if your cycles are regular for you,by that I mean they are consistent and you know long your cycle is.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff9600
You can read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler to learn about charting and other such things that can help you get pregnant. Meanwhile make sure that from the day your period ends that you have sex every day or every other day until your next period is due.This will increase your chances.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Last edited by Blastoff9600; 08-18-2004 at 10:57 AM.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

One good key is to take note of your cervical fluid. This is the stuff that shows up on your undies during your cycle. Sometimes it's sticky, sometimes creamy, sometimes it's stretchy and slippery like eggwhites. The book that blastoff recommended talks ALL ABOUT this, and teaches you everything you need to know about it. Anyway, if you pay close attention, be sure to have sex on the days when you have the slippery, eggwhite stuff. That is generally a very good sign of fertility, and if you have a 28 day cycle, it will PROBABLY happen sometime around the 14-16th day of your cycle (count your first day of bleeding as day 1). Of course, this is a guess based on averages of OTHER people. If you want to know they best for YOU personally, get that book- it really explains all of this.

Closed Thread