It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 06:53 AM   #1

cool_kid HB User
Impossible without Lube...Want to get pregnant!!

When my husband and I have sex, he ejaculates within 3 min. if we use lube. If we don't use lube, he takes forever, and its pretty impossible for him to, because i get too sore down there for him to continue on until he ejaculates. We are trying to get pregnant, and i heard lube was not good for sperm, so what should i do? I want to get pregnant, but it seems he can't ejaculate without lube in a timely manner which works for both of us. Help!!
Another thing is.... I wanted to know when my most fertile days were.... I had my last period start on the 9th of August, and ended on the 13th of August. My next one should come the 9th of September. What day(s) are best for me (and times?) to conceive? Thank you all so much for your help!!

Old 08-18-2004, 07:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: Impossible without Lube...Want to get pregnant!!

As for the best days your best bet is to chart your cycles. On here it would just be guesses at best and those might not even increase your chances.
You really should learn about your cycles and whenyour best days are. There is a wonderful book called Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler which you can learn whe your most fertile days are and other tips that can increase your chances of pregnancy.

Yes lube can be bad for sperm but I wouldnt cut it out just yet. Continue to use it and see what happens. If a year passes and you dont have a pregnancy then seeing your doctor and you dh getting tested would be a good idea. The reason I say dont cut out the lube just yet is you have no idea if you Dh has a good or bad sperm count and if it is good the lube isnt going to play that big a role in whether you concieve or not. If you want you can look into sperm friendly lube,there are a few out there but they tend to be a bit pricey. Also you just started ttc and already seem a bit overzealous about it. Not that that is a bad thing but it can be if you have to go months or years of ttc. You need to not worry so much and just enjoy the time with your DH. Once you are pregnant and a baby arrives it is a lot harder to have this kind of time with your dh. The best thing to remember is to just keep things fun instead of a job. If it becomes a job,making love,it doesnt seem to have the same spark which can lead to problems with your DH.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 08:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I totally agree with Blastoff, but I also know it's hard not to obsess just a little. I really think you should look into that book- it is sooo helpful.

Don't worry about lube. Look at it like this: have you ever heard of anyone successfully using ONLY KY jelly as a method of birth control? No way. I think that only really matters if there are problems with your husband's sperm. Anyway, the night I got pregnant we used ky. And even though I knew I was ovulating, and even though I knew if we screwed it up it would be months before we'd have another shot at it (I have REALLY long cycles), we used lube because that's how we enjoy sex together. Without it it would not have been nearly as fun. This gets back to what to what Blastoff was saying: try to enjoy the sex. When you do end up pregnant, you don;t want to remember getting that way through dull, mechanical, unpassionate, baby-making. MAking love to make a baby is sexy in a whole different way. Enjoy it!

Old 08-18-2004, 08:36 AM   #4

cool_kid HB User

Thanks for your advice guys! i will look into getting that book! Another question though: How do i chart my cycle and find out which days i'm most fertile? Thank you!!

Old 08-18-2004, 10:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

The book will explain it and goes into great detail on how to chart and gives great example charts to look over. You can get the book atyour local library,bookstore or online.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 08-18-2004, 01:12 PM   #6
(female)

kimde HB User

If you are worried about a lubricant, try Pre-Seed. It is expensive, but its ingredients are sperm friendly. My husband and I used it after trying for three years. We did eventually get pg, but I had to buy a couple of boxes. I'm not saying this was the only way we got pregnant, but if you are looking for a sperm friendly lubricant, this is the stuff. You'll probably need to search online to purchase it.

Old 08-28-2004, 04:30 PM   #7

happygrl HB User

I also got pregnant using the pre-seed that Kimde suggested. My hubby and I were trying for a year and although I don't consider myself to have any lubrication problems, my husband also takes a while to ejaculate. We actually only had sex twice the month that I conceived, but I was using the pre-seed those times. I'm not sure if that's why I got pregnant, but that was the only thing we did differently. Try it. Good Luck!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-28-2004 at 05:01 PM. Reason: website not allowed, Please read the Posting Rules.

Closed Thread