It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 07:22 AM   #1
(female)

tiggydunc HB User
Tell me some pregnancy stories

I was just wondering if anyone can share some pregnancy stories with the rest of us newbies?? It’s so exciting just thinking about being pregnant, especially in the later months. I know everyone has different experiences and even the same woman can have different experiences with each pregnancy, but...

1) How/when did you find out you were pregnant?
2) How did you share this information with your significant other/family/friends, and how far along were you when you shared the news?
3) When did you really start to feel pregnant?
4) What is the most amazing/wonderful/joyful part of being pregnant?
5) What is the worst part about being pregnant?
6) Did you get any weird cravings? If so, for what?
7) Did you want to know the gender of your baby? If so, what are you having?
8) Any other information/experiences/advice you’d like to share?

I am only between 4 and 5 weeks pregnant and haven’t yet taken the “real” doctor’s test to prove it, so I am very curious as to what I will experience over the next nine months.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:11 PM   #2
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User
Re: Tell me some pregnancy stories

2) How did you share this information with your significant other/family/friends, and how far along were you when you shared the news?

1. I found out on the day I was supposed to get AF.
2. He was there when the test was +, and I told my mom to sit down about 2 days after (this wasn't a good time for me)
3. I started to "feel" pg on the first day of week 12 when I began throwing up, but got EXCITED when I saw and heard his heartbeat.
4. The most amazing/wonderful/joyful part is feeling him move, buying baby clothes, planning our future.
5. The worst part was throwing up for 28 weeks straight--up until delivery, followed by gallstones, bronchitis, and hospitalization for the gallstones. Constipation is pretty bad, too.
6. I had one really weird craving every night for about 4 months. I ate a jar of the greek pepperonchinis (like banana peppers, but hot) and about a quart or more of milk. It was rough on my mom when we were out!
7. Gender.... I was told by 2 different doctors at 5 and 7 months that I was having a girl. I had a baby shower for 85 people and everything was pink. Blankets were pink, everything was washed, and tags thrown away. It was a bit of a shock to the system when the doc said "ITS A BOY!!!!"
8. Other information....I had an extremely hard pg and birth, but I wouldn't trade my son for an easier time of it. He was completely worth everything that I went through for all those months. Personally for me, I DO remember all the pain of birth, but some don't. Some women really have a great time being pregnant and giving birth is a breeze. My friend is happiest when pg, and I envy her a little for that !

I truly hope for you that you are that way. It really is miraculous that we can carry such wonderful little people inside of us.

Good luck to you!

Nicole
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 12:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

Well my husband and I had been trying for about 6 months before we got pregnant. As you know when you work closly with other females everyday you tend to get on the same cycle. Well i went into work one day and wasn't feel so good. Having some cramping and just thought i was getting ready to start. One of the girls i worked with asked me if i was ok and i mentioned that it was that time. She looked at me funny. She said you haven't started yet and i said no. I ususally started like 2 days before she did. she said i wonder if you pregnant and i said no i was having my normal cramps like i would before i started. She said she thought that i was late and i said no. Well two days later she came to me and said your pregnant. I said no, and then she gave me that look like yea you are because i started. Well that freaked me out. I thought oh my god this could really be happening. I had to go to wal mart and pick up a refill on my prental vitamins. Well i had to wait while so i started look at pg test. Pick one up and purchased it and then went to the bathroom while i waited. It didn't take any time and it said pregnant(clear blue easy digital test). On my way home i thought i will wait to tell my husband this weekend and take him out to a really nice dinner and tell him that way. Of course i couldn't wait that long. So i told him, he just looked at me for a couple of sec and then grabbed me and hugged me. I said are you happy and he said yes of course, but are you sure. We had taken so many before and all neg. so he was having a hard time believing him. I had the part of the test on those that you keep that said pregnant. I showed it to him, but he still wanted to take another test so i did. He has been on cloud 9 ever since.About 2-3 weeks later started feeling the morning sickness. I think that the second trimest is the best. You get to hear the heartbeat for the first time, first movements, and seeing your little baby for the first time. It's the best. Feeling her move everyday is the best thing ever. Well we did find out we are having a girl. We have done the new 3D-4D ultrasounds. If you get the oppurnity to do that i highly recommend it. We did and is was an amazing experience. So wonderful i can tell you how wonderful.No werid cravings. 1st trimester i had alot of morning sickness,that they had to put me on meds to i could drink water even. I think the first one is werid because you know that there is life in there, but you really can't feel anything. So i really felt like i was sick and gaining weight for no reason at that point. Like i said i think the second trimester is wonderful because then you start to feel that life inside you and it makes everything worth it. Last trimester gets hard again. Going to the bathroom more, belly gets in the way, harder to move,but every time she kicks it makes me smile and think i am going to have this wonderful life in my arms soon. I am 35 weeks, so now i am getting the braxton hicks contractions, pelvic pressure and all that good stuff. Goodluck to you. This is a wonderful experience you and your family.

Old 08-23-2004, 12:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

1) How/when did you find out you were pregnant? With my 1st child......I went to the ER because of something unrelated to pregnancy symptoms (seizures) and found out I was expecting.....I hadn't even missed my period at that point so I was very early on. With my 2nd child, I found out when I was about 5 weeks along.

2) How did you share this information with your significant other/family/friends, and how far along were you when you shared the news? The first time my immediate family was at the ER with me and were all standing there (except my husband) when the Doc came in and told me. When my hubby got back in the room I was smiling and he just said "Let me guess, you're pregnant!". The 2nd time, my hubby was with when I found out and we immediately told the rest of the family.

3) When did you really start to feel pregnant? 1st child......not until about 6 weeks along (which is when my belly started to pop). 2nd child.....I had a feeling before I tested cause I had breast tenderness and morning sickness....then about a weeks later or so my belly started to pop.

4) What is the most amazing/wonderful/joyful part of being pregnant? Feeling life inside of me.

5) What is the worst part about being pregnant? Morning sickness

6) Did you get any weird cravings? If so, for what? With my 1st child....I ate a 30 pound watermelon in 6 hours (and she is now 10 and LOVES watermelon). With 2nd........I craved salad the entire time (and that is his food of choice.....it's funny cause when we are at restaurants the wait staff is just shocked when my 5 year old son orders the salad bar and nothing else).

7) Did you want to know the gender of your baby? If so, what are you having? I found out with both children.......1st was girl........2nd was boy. It was nice to know ahead of time......made planning much easier.

8) Any other information/experiences/advice you’d like to share? For me, pregnancy was such a wonderful thing. There is no better feeling in the world than feeling the life of your child moving inside of you, feeling hiccups and nothing sweeter than the sound of hearing their first cry at birth.

Old 08-23-2004, 03:44 AM   #5
(female)

tiggydunc HB User

Thank you all for your replies. It makes me so happy to hear such positive experiences. I sometimes hear people talking about pregnancy and saying how much they hated being pregnant and that it was the worst 9 months of their lives. That makes me so sad, and to hear how some of you loved being pregnant gives me some hope. So far, I don't have any bad symptoms - no morning sickness, no breast tenderness, so I think I'm lucky. But, then again I am only 5 weeks along, so I'm praying that I get through the next few weeks without any sickness. My first doctor's appointment is at 8 weeks, and I'm looking forward to that. I think it will all feel more real once I hear the doctor say everything is developing normally. Then, I can do the exciting part and tell all my friends and family. Thanks again for the replies!!!

Old 08-23-2004, 09:43 AM   #6

elvispupy HB User

[QUOTE=tiggydunc]

QUOTE]

1) I was charting my temps both times so I knew from my chart before I took the test
2) first time I just called him at work as soon as I found out, with my second I was asking my first (in front of hubby) if he had told daddy he was going to be a big brother
3) probably about 6-7 weeks both times when the MS kicked in
5) just knowing you are growing a new human and the kicks are always fun, and I particularly liked the attention I got when I was noticeably pregnant.
7)both times I did want to know, when I'm pg again, I will not find out, I have 2 boys
8) research your birth options, consider hiring a doula, read the book The Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth, by Henci Goer.

Laura

mom to
Daniel 12/6/01 dr co-erced, unecessary, failed induction section
and
Noah 8/18/03 Unmedicated, doula-assisted, hospital VBAC and all-around Miracle baby!

Old 08-23-2004, 01:48 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

tiggydunc: Do worry about all those horrilbe stories you hear about pregnancy. I think that being pregnant is the most wonderful thing in the world. Don't get me wrong there are discomforts that come with pregnancy, but all the wonderful things and knowing you are creating life totally out weighs all the discomfort you will have. I am 36 weeks know and still working. I have been having some swellling and backaches and yea not the most comfortable thing, but then i feel her little hands for feet move and that is the best feeling in the world. You start feeling them move around 20 weeks or so i think and that smile will come across your face every time your baby moves. Even if their little movements are poking you in the ribs or hips. Feeling them move is wonderful and comforting. I still get really excited every time. Sorry i am going on and on. I just think that this experience is the best anyone can have.My husband gets upset because he doesn't get this oppurnity.

Old 08-23-2004, 02:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

1) How/when did you find out you were pregnant? I had to run into work at 1 am and on my way home I missed my exit and just drove to walmart. About 230 I had a BFP.
2) How did you share this information with your significant other/family/friends, and how far along were you when you shared the news? I told my mom that night and I told my significant other the next day
3) When did you really start to feel pregnant? As far a symptoms, a week before the BFP. I feel pregnant now for the first time like mentally. I am 14 weeks
4) What is the most amazing/wonderful/joyful part of being pregnant? So far, I have been miserable but knowing I am carrying a life is pretty darn amazing
5) What is the worst part about being pregnant? The nausea,heartburn,isomnia,the list goes on
6) Did you get any weird cravings? If so, for what?nacho's
7) Did you want to know the gender of your baby? If so, what are you having? I will find out in 7 weeks
8) Any other information/experiences/advice you’d like to share? Everyone tells me just to enjoy it.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:56 AM   #9
(female)

tiggydunc HB User

brwneyez - Just looking on this board as shown me that not everyone hates being pregnant. I'm wondering if people around me hated it so much because they weren't planning the pregnancy and had to change their entire lifestyles to prepare for the baby (most of my friends or family got pregnant in their late teens/early 20s and weren't mentally prepared to start a family).

I'm just so happy with all the positive feedback from everyone. I'm thinking this will be the most exciting experience of my life, especially since all the other stressful things are out of the way (i.e. marriage and purchasing a home).

Thanks for the replies, girls!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 09:37 AM   #10
Veteran

Bella535 HB User

I was trying to get pregnant for 5 month and I finally did unexpectedly. Let me tell you my story................ Basically I went to my doctor and told him about my history of not ovulating and told him I wanted to get pregnant so I would need help. He told me to take an u/s because I was having alot of pain and he couldnt see anything wrong. He also put me on provera to help me get a period and then I was going to take clomid.
I called the doctor for my results and he told me that my u/s was perfect, nothing unusual or anything but then he also told me that he saw some pregnancy hormone in my blood and he wanted me to come in that day because he thought I may have an ectopic pregnancy or a chemical pregnancy. I went in that evening and he did an exam and told me I'm pregnant!!! Nothing had come out in the u/s because it had just implanted 2-3 days before. He told me to make an appointment for the week after because he wasnt used to seeing the sac so small. The next app. went well, the sac was growing nicely. Next week I have an app. to see the heartbeat. Hopefully all will go well.

tiggydunc- pregnancy is an amazing unbeliveable thing but I was trying to get pregnant and I have to tell you.............. I'm not complaining but I definately am VERY sick and the nausia..................I can't even explain to you! But its all for a good cause.

Closed Thread