It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 04:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
March MoM's

hey ladies,

well, i am still sick. sick as a dog. i do not have a fever so that's about the best luck i have had latley. i have missed 2 days of work, which is HUGE. i am self employed so i don't get sick days. being so sick i don't really feel pregnant. i was supposed to have an ultrasound yesterday but the nurse said because i had one a week ago that my insurance would not cover it. i wanted one for my sanity. i was assured that everything looked perfect and that the pregnancy was going along as it was supposed to.

my soon to be 14 month old has this cold too and my DH is starting to show signs. makes me want to never leave the house AGAIN!!!!

i hope you all are doing well, and hope to hear from you soon.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2004, 04:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: March MoM's

Howdy!

I've had a few fairly sick days as well...Sunday both DH and I had food poisioning *SUCKED!*

then today I got bit with a touch of morning sickness....wouldn't be so bad but I get nasty headaches (Not migrains though) and that brings on the nausea...Blah! I have to keep telling myself it'll all be worth it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 08:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Nyxin....you moved. How are you feeling? I am sure everything will be okay. try to stay positive. I know, easier said than done. But try. I think at this point we are all (or most of us anyway) are freaked out and scared. But it is good that we have these boards so we can have a chance to be here for eachother in a sense.

Take care hun...

Jen

Old 08-19-2004, 11:50 AM   #4

awm HB User

Well all I know is that everyone keeps telling me how much better I am going to feel when I am in the second trimester. I am like please hurry up and get here. I am so glad that I am not "sick" but I am so tired that I just want to sleep all the time and that just isn't possible with a job, husband and an 8 year old. I read stuff about water and that just isn't working and yes I'm taking my prenatals. Can I please just be granted nap time!!

Old 08-27-2004, 03:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ok ladies, this is just sad! we need a bigshow of support for the March mommies! this thread was on page 5!!!!

Nutshell-- that is cool that you can hear the heartbeat. i heard mine at my appointment yesterday. i was surprised because i couldn't hear my son's until 12 weeks and i am just 10 now.

i was way late for my OB appt. yesterday as i could not find my keys. the really sad part about it is that i had just ran errands about an hour and ahalf before my OB appointment. i ran around the house frantic trying to find my damn keys. the even sadder thing is that it was my spare keys that i was so hoping to find as i already did the same thing with my regular set about a week ago. they ended up being in my diaper bag, a place i looked about 5 times. so sad to say that the pregnancy brain has got me bad! this was my first appt with the new doc so i had all the paper work and all that fun stuff to do while my son (14 months) went crazy. the nurse finally had to take him and the only thing that would sooth him was letting him play on the computers. good thing it was at the end of the day. he is kinda spooky with computers, he even has one of his own already. he will seriously hang out with a computer for a couple of hours quite happily.

anyway i have NOT gained any weight (YAY!!!) so far and everything is going the way it should. i have to abstain from sex for 2 weeks to see if that light brown spotting goes away. i had to get a pap (YUCK!!!) and the doc expects i will spot a little from that.

i have had 2 ultra sounds already, a week apart. the gestational age changed by a day-- is that normal?

the weather here has been so awful (in colorado) it is 50 degrees today. we didn't have much of a summer-- it rained the whole time.
i have also been bit like 20 times by mesquito's. i worry about west niles, but my doc doesn't want me to use bug spray.

i have been pretty irritated latley too-- like my dog has to go stand by the baby's room and shake his entire body then go lay down some place else. it is so loud that it makes me jump plus it wakes my son up all the time! this dog does this everysingle time he stands up--no kidding.

wow this is long--- sorry. just wanted to strike up some conversation.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nyxin; 08-27-2004 at 03:35 PM.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxin

the weather here has been so awful (in colorado) it is 50 degrees today. we didn't have much of a summer-- it rained the whole time.
i have also been bit like 20 times by mesquito's. i worry about west niles, but my doc doesn't want me to use bug spray.
Hey! I'm a CO native!....hehe! I actually just moved out of CO in June Miss it horribly! (well except the traffic!).....Now in Kansas so I'm still close....I hate it here though but it's DH's home turf.......Still make it out there every other month about though to see family headed out there for labor day weekend.....

Last edited by Dakota; 08-27-2004 at 08:17 PM.

Old 08-28-2004, 04:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

are there no more march mom's?

well for those of you keeping track i hope you are all doing well and have had a chance for a pre-natal appointment. i don't go back until october 14th! i will be 17 weeks and i am having all my blood drawn then. does anyone else get freaked out by the quad screen? i have just heard of so many false positives it scares me a little.

hope everyone is doing well, and the weather was fantastic today Dakota!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2004, 07:36 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

which ones the quad screen? (First time so I've never done these things! )

My next appt. is Sept. 15th...was the 8th but the Dr is going to be out of the office that day.....so I had to reschedual...go figure.

Old 08-28-2004, 07:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

the quad screen is where they test for certain protiens and other things in the blood serum. the results tell you if your baby is more likley to have a birth defect, but does not mean that there is anything wrong. sometimes gestational age is off so there can be too much/little of a protien or what-not to give a false positive. if you do get a result like that you have to then get (well, don't have to) amnio or whatever the other thing is. there are A LOT of false positives....which causes so much un due stress!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-30-2004, 08:58 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Nutshell HB User

Hey Nyxin. I am glad everything is going okay for you. I have been around but figured the March Moms must be feeling too sick to post these days. Well, my morning sickness is about gone. YAY!! I couldn't be more excited. I go back to the DR Thurs afternoon. I have been listening about every day to the baby. It is so neat. You can hear it moving around too! I still haven't gain any weight!! I lost 12lbs in the beginning and haven't gained any of it back but I am not complaining. I figure it will come in time. I tell you, my brain doesn't function quite right these days either!! I keep screwing up at work! They are going to think I have totally lost it before long!

Well Nyxin, my son has been something here lately! He is 17 ½ mths old and thinks he is grown! He has started shaking his head and telling me “Huh-Uh”. I had to tell him last night I didn’t know where that attitude came from but he better straighten up. He laughed at me! He is so rotten. Even though he is so rotten I wouldn’t give anything in the world for him. He is to that really funny stage now. We got him a boxer puppy about 4 months ago. She weighed 3 lbs when we got her now she weighs 32lbs. He thinks the puppy has to sleep with him which isn’t good seeing as how he sleeps in my bed. So we have the baby and the dog in the bed. Don’t know what I am going to do when this other baby gets here!! LOL. Anyway, the other night he patted the dog on the head and said “night, night”. He won’t even tell me or his daddy night night.

Well, I better run. Let’s see if any more March Mommies respond!

Old 08-30-2004, 09:59 PM   #11

kristi_p HB User

Hi, I am here, just haven't been on much.
I guess I should be glad I am not sick.(ms that is) I had it for a week awhile ago and now nothing. I was worried for awhile because I wasn't feeling pg. But me having to pee all he time and my clothes not fitting, I am guessing everything is alright.
My 2nd appt is Friday. I am just hoping to hear the heartbeat!!
I won't get an ultrasound until halfway.

And Nyxin I kow what you mean, with my 3 kids and dh, once one of us gets sick it goes through this house like a tornado.

Old 08-31-2004, 06:58 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

hey ladies---

good to see some of you have come out of hiding. i think i mentioned earlier that i am feeling soooooo much better. my m/s is all but an ookie feeling every now and again and everything else feel pretty good. i am still nervous about this crazy week i have starting friday (well 4 days actually) but i am sure i will get through it somehow.

did i mention that my next appt isn't until october 14th? i will be 17 weeks! seems like a long stretch inbetween visits. i am also getting all my blood work then.

i talked to my doctor about having this baby a little early--- the week i want she is on vacation, but i think i may be able to convince her to do it 1 1/2 weeks early. i have some silly reasons behind it, but mainly because i can't handle going past my DD again (was 10 days over last time) :::sigh:::: i wish i could fast forward!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nyxin; 08-31-2004 at 06:58 AM.

Old 08-31-2004, 07:41 AM   #13

awm HB User

Glad to see that everybody seems to be doing OK. I go in for my next appointment on the 7th. I can't wait to finally hear the baby's heartbeat!! I have to wait a whole other month though for the ultrasound to find out what it is!! I can't wait to see a picture of my baby!! And I am so anxious to find out what it is I just can't stand it!! I want a girl so bad!! I have an eight year old son so a little sister will be just on time! We have already got the baby's room ready to go pending the important question, what colors??? Is anybody else hoping for one sex or the other?

Old 08-31-2004, 07:56 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Nutshell HB User

Hello Ladies. Well awm, I am hoping for another boy. I would like to say I am not leaning either way but I am secretly hoping for another boy. I just want it to be healthy whatever the sex may be. I could probably have an u/s on the appt after Thurs I would be around 17 weeks then but I will probably tell them to wait until the next appt which will be around 21 or 22 weeks. If I had another boy I have all the clothes since my little boy is just 17 1/2 mths.

Old 08-31-2004, 08:16 AM   #15

MAR1982 HB User

Hi everyone! I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kendall and I live in Michigan. This is my first pregnancy. My due date is March 25, but I haven't had an ultrasound yet so who knows! I am suprised that so many of you have? It makes me wonder why I haven't yet?

Closed Thread