It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 09:44 PM   #1
(female)

beezkneez HB User
Question Signs of Pregnancy

What are some of the earliest signs of pregnancy? Like within the first few months. I am on the depo provera shot and as I don't have any periods anymore, it is hard to judge a "missed period". Over the past couple of months, I have gained weight, and that is very unusual for me. I've gained weight through in my butt and through my upper legs. My belly is also starting to pooch out somewhat. I've also been experiencing some pains in my lower abdominal area. Nothing serious but noticable. And I have heard that pregnant women experience a lot of gas. I don't know if this is all mysterious happenings. I'm sure it would be easy to just go buy a EPT test but I am too chicken. I'm 21, married, and this would be my first child. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User
Re: Signs of Pregnancy

While I was on Depo it was hard to not worry about being pregnant when you don't get a period. Things they didn't tell me was I was going to gain a lot of weight and still feel pms symptoms. before your next shot have them do a urine PG test just in case. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
(female)

starlet32079 HB User

Beezkneez-some early signs of pregnancy are breast tenderness (nipples are usually sore), constipation, some people have flu like feelings (I did in my first pregnancy), nausea(morning sickness can happen anytime of day), certain smells may bother you, headaches, and the feeling that you are going to get your period but it never comes (in your situation though it probly isn't the same since you don't get one). As far as the pains in your lower abdomen...I think that can start to happen early in the second trimester. It feels kind of like sore muscles and achy.
I think you should be brave and go get the test. But like Andrea said weight gain and pms symptoms occur with the shot.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:43 PM   #4
(female)

beezkneez HB User

With the occurance of weight gain, I knew that would happen. They also said that some people don't even gain weight. But all the weight that I have gained has been in the past month or so. Just all of a sudden. I've been on the shot almost 2 years now. I've never had any pms symptoms with my shot either until now. I did get really nausiated one day, and thought I was going to pass out. I have also been experiencing odd heartburn. I have felt so worn out lately. I've also had tenderness in my breasts but it's not the nipple it is more down in the breast itself. I've also been having hot flashes which is odd for me considering I am cold all the time! These just could be all a bunch of odd happenings of a false alarm. It's just this is an odd time. My husband and I are nuclear radiologists and we travel all of the U.S. working outages at Nuclear plants. I would be happy to have a baby now, I'm just afraid I guess. Best wishes ladies and thanks!

Last edited by beezkneez; 08-18-2004 at 11:50 PM.

Closed Thread