It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

tiggydunc HB User
Implantation Bleeding

I see that several of you have mentioned this in your posts. Can you explain to me what it is and how you can tell the difference between that and a period. I only ask because I stopped taking my BCP's In June sometime. I had a period on June 27th, then thought I felt pregnant and took a test in the beginning of July - it came up negative. I then had a longer, but lighter period on July 19th, so I didn't even think to test. I just tested on August 16th and it was positive. I was just wondering if it's safe to say that my last period was on the 19th?? Can a doctor tell when conception really occurred?? Thanks! Jenn

Old 08-19-2004, 01:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User
Re: Implantation Bleeding

For me, for one pregnancy it lasted about 7 days and was really dark red and sticky. Almost like the color of prune juice, and gummy-ish. It mostly didn't even get on my panties and I definitely knew it wasn't my period, although I didn't know what it was. I ended up m/c that pregnancy, for whatever that's worth. This started around 4 days after ovulation.

This time it lasted about 4 days. It was very pink/red, MORE like a period, but still way lighter than a period. I suspected I might be pg, and I didn't want to use a tampon, and I never got out to the store to get panty liners, so this actually did get on my undies, but very little (nothing shout it out couldn't fix). It started around 7 days after ovulation.

Everything I've read says that implantation bleeding only lasts a day or two, but then there was me with 8 days of it, so who knows? All I know is that for sure there was no mistaking it for a period either time. It was just different. Especially the first time, I didn't really think I was pregnant, and I still didn't think it was a period. The second time around I kind of figured I was pg, so I sort of knew it was implantation bleeding.

Mine might not be the norm, but that was my experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread