It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 11:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User
Rubbing Your Belly

how do you ladies feel about that?..as for me. I don't want everyone and their cousin rubbing my belly..it's a part of me. only close friends and family members are allowed...

Old 08-19-2004, 11:44 AM   #2

awm HB User
Smile Re: Rubbing Your Belly

So many times I have caught myself doing it to other people that I don't let it bother me. I know that when I have done it I mean it in such a caring way that I hope that is what other people are feeling as well. Of course, I really don't do that to strangers so I often wonder what their motivation is but I think it must just be a habit or something. It happens so frequently that there certainly must be something that says she's pregnant we must rub the belly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User
Re: Rubbing Your Belly

I am suprised i haven't had strange people come up to me and rub my belly. Just like the girls i work with and my family. None of them bother me with it.I know them well enough. I think i would be werided out if people i didn't know wanted to touch my belly.

Old 08-19-2004, 08:03 PM   #4

fatally yours HB User

I'm a chronic belly-rubber. I just love to feel that! Not in a sick way, or anything like that of course! I just think it's so awesome to rub it and think about what's underneath! Especially when you can feel body parts, or when he/she is moving around. But, I only do it to people I know, like the girls I work with, other girl friends, and family members. I never just walk up to a stranger and do it. I know that I'll be perfectly fine having people rub mine once I start showing! In fact, I'll welcome it. I do think it would freak me out a little if a total, complete stranger walked up to me and did it... but I wouldn't smack them away or anything! lol Unless they were really creepy or something.

I have a friend who is due in October, and she's pretty weird (I don't mean that in a mean way) about people touching her belly; even close family and friends. She'll let me do it sometimes, but others she acts kind of bothered. So I know that not everyone shares my view on it.

Old 08-20-2004, 05:30 AM   #5
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

I hated it when strangers would touch me!! Yes stramgers on the street wold come up and rub my belly. Like gross! I do not know where their hands have been! It did not bother me though to let family and friends touch my belly. Do whatever you ae comfortable with.
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Closed Thread