Okay I'm totally new at this, so please bare with me. I've always known that I wanted kids, and was even considering becoming an OB so I took a few of those classes in college, and did tons of my own info research because I'm so fascinated by the whole pregnancy thing.
The thing is, since I've never actually been
pregnant before, there are certain things I don't know. This is a list of questions I'm compiling to ask my doctor when I go in for my appointment. But I was hoping that maybe some of you could give me some answers to them since I won't have my appointment for about a week, and some of this stuff I'd like to know right away. Any help would be appreciated! And I apologize if some of them sound really dumb.
1. What foods should I be avoiding, and which should I be eating more of? What about pop? Is that a no-no during pregnancy? I haven't drank any since I got the BFP, I've only been drinking water and juice. It's been kinda hard, but I didn't wanna risk it!
2. Stretchmarks - I don't believe that there's any magical cream or lotion that will completely prevent stretchmarks. But, it does make sense to me that well-hydrated skin will have more elasticity, therefore will stretch much easier and will be less likely to get stretchmarks, or if there are
stretchmarks, they'd be smaller and less noticeable. Right? If that's correct, what's the best thing to use on my belly? I always see that Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stretchmark cream stuff at the store... is that any good? Should I start applying now?
3. Exercise - I've never really done a whole
lot of exercising (except when I was much younger and was involved in all kinds of sports), aside from taking an occasional walk and doing situps every other night. I'm pretty sure I can continue the walks, right? But should I stop with the situps? Obviously I wouldn't be able to continue to do them once I start popping out. If I should stop them altogether, are there any alternative ab excercises I can do? It might seem kinda dumb that I'd even still want to do them, since I'm going to be huge anyway! But I've always had very toned abs and I've read that having strong stomach muscles aids in a smoother delivery.
4. I have a pet hamster in my room. His cage is due for a cleaning - could it be harmful to me to breathe that in? I don't use the cedar or pine bedding, it's just this gray almost papery stuff, so I'm not worried about breathing that in cuz it'd be impossible. But as far as other things go, like germs and all that? Should I not even have the cage in my room?
5. When does the extreme sleepyness usually kick in? I'm not really experiencing that now. It's more of a somewhat drowsy feeling, if that makes sense? Like when you have a cold and take cold medicine...the drowsy feeling you get from that. And it's not real bad. How much sleep have you found that you need each night to feel rested?
6. I hadn't been taking any vitamins (not regularly, anyway) before I found out I was pregnant. I do have some One Source for Teens vitamins, and I took one today... Would it be better if I went and bought those Prenatal pills that you can find at the drugstore? Is it bad to take the ones I'm currently taking?
7. I've been very... emotional lately. I get teary-eyed at the littlest things, especially when thinking about babies in general! It's so weird. I'm sure it's due to the hormones, but the strange thing is, I started feeling this way during what would have been the week after conception! Would that have been too early for the hormones to have been affecting me like that?
Okay that's all I can think of for now but if I think of any others, I'll add them!
One more thing! My name is Heidi, so if you wanna call me that, go ahead!