It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 12:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User
Test really negative?

I am 39, and I have had irregular cycles before, but for awhile now I've been pretty regular. I don't think I'm real fertile, I've been using withdrawl for 11 years and never gotten PG. Two weeks ago, my bf admitted that he was somewhat delayed in pulling out and felt himself start to ejaculate before he withdrew.
I was suposed to get AF on July 30. Never came. So I did a PG test last week and it was neg. Here it is 3 weeks now late. Did another test tonight, neg. Nothing to worry about right?
I have had cramping for weeks, that's the only body change.

Old 08-20-2004, 01:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User
Re: Test really negative?

Maybe it's not because you are pregnant. Maybe it's because you are possibly starting the process of menopause. This happend to my mom as well. Just my opinion, but go to a doctor to find out for sure what is going on. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 05:18 AM   #3
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

I would go to the doctor and tell him exactly what you told us and get a pregnancy test through them. I wish you well.
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Old 09-01-2004, 11:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

Well, I still hadn't got my period. Over 2 months late, but did a total of 4 pregnancy tests. All neg., no symptoms but light cramping. Yesterday I was at the library and I suddenly felt a very sharp pain in my uterus. Like someone was poking me with a knitting needle or something. I went to the bathroom and ( sorry this is gross, please don't read if you are squeemish) about a 3 inch clump that kind of looked like a placenta was in my panties. I felt some cramping and I sat on the toilet and I started my period. I've had my period flow since then with normal light cramping.I called the health clinic this morning and the nurse asked some questions about the clump I passed looked like. I told her and she said that I probably MC and to come in if I experienced any fever, heavy bleeding, or severe pain.
My question is, don't you get a lot of severe pain with a MC? Besides the one very sharp pain, I feel fine. Also, is it okay to wear a tampon if it is a MC? Why would all my PGT be neg if I was ( I'm still not really convinced)?

Old 09-01-2004, 11:39 AM   #5

HOTSCHAUER HB User

With my M/C I had no pain what so ever, I just thought it was a regular period.

Good luck and God bless.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I guess everyone is different. I had a m/c at 6 weeks and it was without a doubt the most physical pain I have experienced for so prolonged a period of time. It felt as though someone had an electric mixer on in my guts.

When I went to the doctor for the m/c she actually gave me a few tampons, and said they were fine, but I've heard of other women who were advised not to use them because of the possibility of infection b/c the cervix is open(?). I think it might be best to call a doctor and ask. Maybe call your regular gyno- they might be able to help.

I'm not sure why the hpts would be negative. Maybe it implanted a while ago, but never really started developing? If that is the case (and I'm not even sure it's possible, just guessing), it's possible that you never had enough hcg in your system to cause the test to turn positive. The embryo can stop developing a few weeks before you will ever have any spotting indicating a miscarriage, if I understand correctly. So it could hae just been sitting there with no development for a while. Or maybe it's nothing at all and you are just having a really weird period.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I hope you feel ok.

Closed Thread