It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 09:01 PM   #1

granada94 HB User
side effects of stopping BC pill

I stopped talking Ortho Tri-cyclen last month with desire of starting a family. My period is already late and I've had this bloaty feeling since I was suppose to get my "friend" over a week ago but nothing still. Is it comman to be irregular if not totally miss a cycle after coming off the pill? What other symptoms might I experience? Is it time to get a pregnancy test or call the OB? Every piece of literature that I've read says a good 2-3 months to concieve after stopping the pill. Lots of curiosity and anxiety building.

Thanks for your prompt reply

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 06:19 AM   #2

Shadyfeline HB User
Re: side effects of stopping BC pill

I stopped OTC on August 4th. I had my regular period on July 23rd, took about 5 pills on the next pack and decided to stop. I then got my period again on August 5th for about 4 whole days. Now I am just waiting to get my period. I should get it this week but I don't think it will be regulated yet, I've read that it takes a few months. What is helping me is charting my BBT there are alot of free sites that will do that and it helps you to know when you are O and when you are at your most fertile. My cousin stopped her BC about 6 months ago and she is due in January! So there is hope. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 10:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I was not on OTC but was on Mircette. I stopped taking it the end of June at the end of my pill pack. I had 5-6 days of cramping around the time I would normally be ovulating in July, followed by a 3-day migraine. I could not find ANY info on side effects of going off the pill other than it is very common to have a late or missed period the first month and it may take up to 3 months to start ovulating again. I got my period on time in July and am now 4 weeks pregnant in August. I would recommend taking a pregnancy test just so you know for sure and not be too discouraged the first few months if you get your period, as disheartening as it is when you're trying to conceive. Just keep reminding yourself that you may or may not be ovulating for the first few months and enjoy the "practicing" for a little while. Good luck!

Old 08-21-2004, 11:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

After stopping oc I had a 34 day cycle, then a 44 day cycle, then a 53 day cycle, then we decided to try for a baby and I got pg on cd 26 (which for me means I was headed for a 38 day cycle). We weren't trying those first few months. My best friend got pregnant her first cycle after she stopped taking bc pills (twice actually). There is no reason to wait, but your body might be a bit screwy at first. Good luck!

Closed Thread