It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 11:17 AM   #1

Cardboardmask HB User
What are you packing for help with labour?

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to get some ideas on what everyone is bringing to the hospital with them to help them through labour. Like massage things or stuff like that.

Thanx!

Jen
EDD Sept 16

Old 08-21-2004, 02:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User
Re: What are you packing for help with labour?

Of course i have all the baby stuff packed like blankets, outfits(take home and one for pictures) socks, hats, baby book,and onies. My bag has rolling pin for massaging, nursing bras, nursing tanks, pj pants, outfit to come home in, cds, cd player, makeup, toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo,hairbursh, ponytail bands, books, phone #'s, Dr.s name and number in case hubby forgets and i am not awake, preregistration card for hospital, underware, sock, slippers, robe, pads, nursing pads, and extra set of cloths for the hubby. Video camera, and digtal camera, carseat is in the car and ready to go. I think that is about everything that i have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2004, 03:43 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ahall HB User

What you take for comfort depends on whether your going epidural or not I went epidural and took with me a couple of good books, puzzle books, music and bring your own pillow from home, the hospital ones are horrible. You wont feel backaches or belly aches with the epidural so the massage items wont matter during labor, but would be useful after, you'll be pretty sore. Most all hospitals have TV's in the rooms and I found that I pretty much just watched TV all the time, having said that from the time the epidural was put in and the pitocin started my daughter was born 4 hours later. You do find you're very tired just from an emotional aspect. Theres a lot of fear along with excitement and nervousness and more excitement and its hard to focus on one thing. Good luck

Old 08-22-2004, 06:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

You know, I found that I didn't use half the crap I packed with my first. This time around I won't be taking anything but the baby's clothes, a going home outfit, and some toiletries. Of course, I had tons of visitors coming and going, and no need for other diversions.

The thing I did learn for post partum was especially if you have an episiotomy or tear, you WANT to wear the big old diaper pads from the hospital, and their disposable panties. I had way too much bleeding to change into my own for fear of ruining them, and the little pads wouldn't have done much. And the diaper pads are wonderful for sleeping in (more coverage) and for holding ice packs down there.

The thing I forgot that I wish I had brought was lip balm. My lips got so dry during labor.
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 08-23-2004, 09:46 AM   #5

elvispupy HB User

I'm bringing a Doula.

Laura

Closed Thread