It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

Nessa79 HB User
Exclamation Help, I Can't eat! :-\

I am about 10 weeks pregnant (from LMP) and for the past week or so, I haven't been able to eat anything without gaging. Everytime I smell food, I get nausious and start gagging. I am so hungry, I try to eat but I take a few bites and I start gagging. I don't know what to do. The only thing that does make me gag is water and my prenatal ... I tried to have a bowl of cereal this morning, I took a few bites but I couldnt eat anymore. I am scared that if I don't eat, I will loose my baby. Or something bad is going to happen to her. Please, is there anything I can do to help me so I can eat????

Thanx!!

Old 08-21-2004, 12:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: Help, I Can't eat! :-\

Have you tried Saltine crackers? Sometimes that helps. Also brothy soup. Even popcycles or Ginger Ale. If you're really having a problem, you could call your doctor or go to an emergency care facility (since it's the weekend) and they can do an IV. That's not fun, but it does help. With my first pregnancy, I had a migraine so bad that I couldn't hold ANYTHING down all day one day and had the same concern. After the IV, I felt better and was able to eat chicken noodle soup after that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 02:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I find that once I get SOMETHING down I can get other things down....so far when I'm having a REALLY bad moment all I can get down in the begining is icecream or a popcicle.....then i can move on to saltines and other foods.

Old 08-21-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

Well i had really bad morning sickness in my first trimester. I was horrible. I couldn't even keep water down. They had to put me on a med. to help keep food down. They said if that didn't work i would have to or to the hospital for IV to keep me hydrated.Talk with your doctor. I also found that eating little amount more often did really help too. The first trimester alots of veggies and things. Meat was out of the question.

Old 08-25-2004, 07:58 AM   #5
(female)

kjbrown1992 HB User

Watermelon in bite size pieces (I read somewhere that something in it helps). I can't do crackers at all. Special K has been a lifesaver. I'm in week 11 of my third pregnancy. Go with cravings, and don't make anything to eat that takes a long time. I can't eat meat at all. And they say to avoid fried foods, but for some reason french fries have calmed my stomach. And even though you're supposed to avoid caffeine, sips of real Coca Cola and Lipton iced tea seem to help me. Remember to eat often, like just a couple of handfuls of cereal every hour. It really helps. Good luck.

Old 08-25-2004, 08:53 AM   #6
(female)

walflower2 HB User

I had the same problem. I just couldn't eat. I remember sitting there with a Saltine in my mouth trying for what seemed like eternity to try to swollow it but I would just gag every time I tried to swollow, and I was SO hungry. I was given one of the B vitamins (6 or 12- can't remember) which didn't really help, then Zofran which I only ended up taking one time but it helped SO much. Then as quickly as the m/s started, it stopped and never came back! My advise, if you can get anything down and keep it down eat it! Try all of the tips (Ginger Ale, small amounts often, etc) but if you can't eat and nothing helps- call your doc! Good luck

Closed Thread