It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2004, 02:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Brown Spotting AGAIN

ok---- i am going nutz now, it's official. i have had an awful head cold for about a week and i have missed a lot of work. i am self employed so it hurts in the bank account BAD---not good when you are trying to save up for a maternity leave. so today i had several lessons to do (15 to be exact) but i woke up at about 6:00 to take care of my son. when i went pee i wiped and saw that there was some brown grainey like stuff mixed in with the cm. i called the doctor and she seems to think that it coud be from coughing so much. she also asked if i had had sex in the last day or so--- i said no because i thought the last time my DH were together was several days ago, but it was just on friday. so that could be it. i have to go in early in the morning for an u/s to make sure if everything is ok, unless things get worse. it is basically gone now, but i am so scared. i feel like i have this dark could hanging over me. if for some reason i have to be put on bed rest i will have to sell a lot of things. i know i can't stress now because i don't know, and it could be nothing. what do you guys think? i need some words of encouragement.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nyxin; 08-22-2004 at 02:44 PM.

Old 08-22-2004, 04:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User
Re: Brown Spotting AGAIN

Nyxin I was just logging in to ask about the same thing, only my spotting is pinkish. All I can say is not again for EITHER of us. It just wouldn't be fair. I can't think of anything that would have caused mine. I am 6w5d today, and my first appointment isn;t until 9/1.

I'm sure yours is just from the bd on Friday. Hope you're feeling better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2004, 04:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

well this just sux. have you called your doctor? they will probably get you in because of having had a m/c before.

i may be in denial but i think i am kinda crampy too. like i said, with the bad cough my whole abdomen is sore, but the sides of my lower abdomen are tight. nothing horrible, but enough to make me upset.

i feel like i should just get it over with and go in for a u/s now, but i am not really any worse and it isn't bright red. i guess i will have to wait.

let me know how you are doing ok?
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2004, 07:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Nyxin..... I would TRY not to worry. Yeah, I know, easier said than done.

I freaked out a couple of weeks ago too for the same reason. I said forget it and took my butt to the ER. They did an u/s there to make sure I wasn't having a miscarriage. Brown means OLD. From what my doc and a doc in the ER said when I went, is that brown is okay. Yeah, it freaks us out as pregnant women, but that brown is okay. The way my doc explained it, is that intercourse can bring on some things.....like your body will "let go" of fluids, etc, and that could be just what that was - from sex.

The cramping may be normal too. As long as it is not terrible cramping. With my first pregnancy, I had some slight pinchy, twingy type cramps. Turned out to be just your abdominal, and uterine muscles growing, stretching, etc. No biggie. I hope in your case, it is that also.

Im not a doctor, but I would just TRY to take a deep breath (or several), relax, and try to take it easy. Don't do anything that you may question. And get to your doctor as soon as they can get you in there.

PLEASE keep us posted sweetie....

Last edited by Zayazmama; 08-22-2004 at 07:57 PM.

Old 08-23-2004, 03:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hello everyone--- just thought i would give an update. i went in at 10:30 and everything looked fine! she really zoomed into the baby so i could see the heart and the skull! i saw little arm and leg buds, even the beginnings of toes. it was even wiggling a little. wow...... that was cool. they don't know why i had the spotting, couldn't find a source. so who knows!!! i have another appt. on thursday which was supposed to be my 1st appointment. well at least i will finally get to meet this doctor that has been really looking out for me!

thanks for everyone's support.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 05:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

spotting occurs..but they never have a concrete reason

Closed Thread