It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 02:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User
safe sleep aids???

Hi everyone

I am 16 weeks pregnant Feeling happy and great in general. Lately, I am having some insomnia that i never had before. i have always slept well. now its toss and turn, wake up every other hour, restless, etc. i am so tired by the end of the workday, but then when i go to bed i don't stay asleep long. does anyone know of any safe sleep aids for pregnancy? I really don't like to drink a lot of tea before bed since that wakes me up to use the bathroom. I have tried warm milk, doesn't do much for me. I am a teacher and need my rest!!!
i would appreciate any input!!

Last edited by Hope2Heal; 08-23-2004 at 02:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 08:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: safe sleep aids???

It is best to talk to your doctor about that before you try anything. The warm milk never worked for me pregnant or not. I have a friend that swears by sleepytime tea and she would only drink one cup. Your doctor should be able to help you out on finding something that might work for you. But be aware that there might not be anything.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 02:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

Well you could try a body pillow if your uncomfortable. I have heard many say that it works for them. It didn't for me, but others love it. My doctor recommened tylenol pm. He said that was fine to take and help me get sleep. Do call your doctor and see what he recommeneds. Not all doctors are the same so they don't have the same recommendations. Calling your doctor would be your best bet.

Old 08-23-2004, 04:40 PM   #4
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

The 2nd trimester is the time they "say" is safe. The odd rare time, I would use a mild sleeping pill. I think I did it like three time through the whole pregnancy. BUT, I would check with your doctor first. Also, try buying the bath time bubble bath that is to help induce sleeping. I know it has lavender in it.. check your pharmacy.
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Old 08-23-2004, 04:57 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

hi and thank you for the suggestions I do have a dr. appt on thursday so i will ask. today i forced myself to go to the gym rather than come home and nap, so maybe getting back to excersise will help me sleep. i have been neglecting my workouts lately. i hope i sleep tonite!

Old 08-24-2004, 01:21 PM   #6
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

Unisom is safe for pregnancy. My best friend had morning sickness so bad that she was losing weight steadily and the doc told her to take it. Check with yours first, though. It doesn't give you the hangover feeling that Tylenol PM does for both me and her.
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Old 08-25-2004, 04:35 AM   #7

sherry0902 HB User

Hope,

I am 12 weeks and having the same problem. Last night I tossed and turned and flipped around all night. My poor DH! Or I wake up at 1am and cannot fall back to sleep---I don't know whats going on either. I drag all day because I'm tried and can't get a good night's sleep.
I'm afraid to take anything, maybe I'll try the tea.

It's starting to really affect me.

Old 08-25-2004, 05:23 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

hi

right now i am resorting to excersise and relaxation stuff. Never in my life have i joined a class, but i joined a new yoga studio and did an hour of prenatal yoga today. very easy and very relaxing. I am hoping this will help. I am trying to stay more consistant with the gym too. But last night i was asleep a few hours then i awoke, then had to eat, then couldn't sleep , restless etc. finally went back close to when my alarm went off at 5AM. ugh. but on a light note, i did have a dream that i was holding my little baby and nursing him and felt so wonderful. I held onto that image all day!!
Ill let ya all know tomorrow what the doc says. . .

Closed Thread