It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 10:20 AM   #1

fatally yours HB User
Wink It's an epidemic!!

I just thought this was kinda weird, and I wanted to share...

I work at an Internal Medicine/Family Practice facility. I work in Medical Records, and there are a total of 8 women (myself included) in my department. One of the girls just had a baby in late June. Another is due anyday now. Another is due in late October. And now I'm pregnant, too! So within a year's time, half of my department was pregnant. 3 out of 8 were pregnant at the same time. Keep in mind that one of the women who didn't get pregnant has her tubes tied, another is on the shot, another is on the pill, and another's husband has had a vasectomy, so the odds of them getting pregnant are very very low. So basically all the women in my department who were able to get pregnant, did get pregnant, all at around the same time! How weird is that?! The same sort of thing happened when my cousin got pregnant a couple years ago. It's so strange!

I've also noticed lately that everywhere I go, I see babies! I went to the college last Friday to drop my classes and I saw 3 babies, just in the Student Services office. Then I went to the mall to get some earrings. I got out of my car and started walking in, and I saw one of the girls I just saw at the college, with her (gorgeous) baby girl! I was almost to the doors, and 5 women came walking out, and 3 were pushing strollers! It's weird, I can't really imagine not being pregnant now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 01:25 PM   #2

jenyfer24 HB User
Re: It's an epidemic!!

It is pretty weird...it seems like once your trying to get pregnant everyone you know gets pregnant! Or you get pregnant and then so do a bunch of other people too!
I think as far as noticing babies everywhere...its just because your trying or your pregnant now and it seems to be more noticeable. Kind of like when you get a new car...you see them everyone once you buy yours!!!
One thing I have noticed is that I seem to have more tolerance for little kids now, because I just think that will be me soon hopefully...so I better learn to deal with it!!!

Old 08-23-2004, 03:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi I dont know about where you are from, but just about everyone I know who is pregnant including the women in November mommies that I talk are having girls, so I think its also a girl epedemic too LOL

Old 08-23-2004, 06:48 PM   #4

Passion4BskBall HB User

makes sense i guess. i am really worried i may be pregnant.. and everything i see has to do with blond girls that are preg. or already has a baby..

Old 08-24-2004, 06:02 AM   #5
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

I know the June 04 mommies threads we were ALL having boys except for ONE girl and there was aout 10 of us there! Weird for sure!
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Closed Thread