It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #1

katiemarie0302 HB User
Am I pregnant?

Hi all! I had my period on time this month but it was really strange. I finally started having a regular period the last 2 months since I was on the pill for so long. Although this last one was kind of regular the first day then really not heavy at all the rest of the time. My breasts are still sore and my moods have been horrible. I took a test last week but it was negative. Maybe I took it too soon. My sister went to the doctor when she thought she was pregnant but they kept saying she wasn't until she was 10 weeks along. Then they said she was. How can I be sure if I am or not?

Old 08-23-2004, 02:24 PM   #2

awm HB User
Re: Am I pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemarie0302
Hi all! I had my period on time this month but it was really strange. I finally started having a regular period the last 2 months since I was on the pill for so long. Although this last one was kind of regular the first day then really not heavy at all the rest of the time. My breasts are still sore and my moods have been horrible. I took a test last week but it was negative. Maybe I took it too soon. My sister went to the doctor when she thought she was pregnant but they kept saying she wasn't until she was 10 weeks along. Then they said she was. How can I be sure if I am or not?
OK so I'm confused. Are you saying you bled normally on the first day and then not much for the rest of the time during your "normally scheduled" period time? If so, then when did you take this test and how long ago was this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2004, 02:20 PM   #3

katiemarie0302 HB User

I bled a decent amount on the first day but after that is was more like spotting. I miss calculated my period and I think I took the test too soon.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #4

awm HB User

So when was your last full period and do you know what your cycle is? (Like 28 days or what)?

Old 08-24-2004, 06:39 PM   #5

katiemarie0302 HB User

Mine is like 30 days. That is how it has been the last 3 months. My last full period was on July 12th. It was like my periods used to be before I went on the pill 7 years ago. The regular ultra heavy and all this past one was just not the same. Plus my chest hurt during the whole period and are still somewhat sore now. I have had a lot of intestinal problems over the past few months but it is now clearing up and my tests came back normal. Although I am always tired but can't always get to sleep and I am so moody I feel sorry for my husband some days. Some nights I may only have like 2 glasses of water after work and I have to use the restroom like 3 times in 45 minutes to an hour. I would go to the doctor but I don't want to waist the trip until I am pretty sure. Plus as I stated before my sister did not find out she was pregnant until she was 10 weeks along. This was all from the doctor also.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:49 AM   #6

awm HB User

Ok so if your last period was July 12 then your next period would have been August 12 (or around there) however you are thinking that it wasn't a period but implantation bleeding. If that is the case, if you are pregnant, it is far enought past where you should be able to take a HPT and get an answer. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks from the time you started so you should be far enough along to get a positive. In fact, if you are pregnant you would be 6 weeks which is how far along I was when I found out.

Old 08-25-2004, 12:28 PM   #7

katiemarie0302 HB User

I took one yesterday and it was neagative. Do you think the HPT is the option or would the doctor be. Se I'd rather find out early because I am a smoker and if I am then I want to quit as soon as possible. Believe me that will be really hard for me to do but the baby is more important.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:31 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I think chances are that your hormones are just screwy from getting off the pill. After I stopped the pill I had a 34 day cycle, but then the next two were something like 50 days each. Then I got pg on cd 26, which, had I not been pregnant, would have ended up to be a 38 day cycle. Getting off the pill can really cause some changes in your body, plus, you're probablt not used to your non-pill periods, which can be very diffrent from the periods you had on the pill.

If you're pregnant enough to feel symptoms, you're probably pregnant enough to test positive on a hpt. I think you are probably NOT pregnant, but to be sure, maybe go to a free clinic like planned parenthood and ask for a blood test, if they do them. good luck!

Old 08-26-2004, 12:29 PM   #9

katiemarie0302 HB User

Thanks I'll keep you updated

Last edited by katiemarie0302; 08-26-2004 at 06:15 PM.

Closed Thread