It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 07:15 AM   #1

Luciouz HB User
Angry Painful Periods

Hello, can anyone tell me how to get rid of painful periods. Cramps makes me sick, makes me want to gag and throw up. Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 07:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: Painful Periods

Set up an appointment with your gyno. There could be medical reason why your period is painful. The gyno could target the issue or give you meds to help it. Also, bc tends to help with this, too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2004, 08:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Before I got pregnant the first time, I was doubled over from the pain of my periods for 1-2 days every month. My OB/GYN prescribed 800 mg of Motrin for the pain. After I had my daughter, they weren't as bad and when I started on birth control pills, they were no big deal. Hope this helps.

Old 08-24-2004, 09:13 AM   #4
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

I used 600mh of ibuprofen... that seemed to help. Ever since having my baby, I have been lucky and not had anymore cramps... only had two period since then, bt no cramps!!
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Old 08-24-2004, 11:07 AM   #5
Veteran

lilmom HB User

codine was the only thing that half helped me with the pain that would put me in bed for two days out of the fourteen that I would be throwing up. I finally did a reproductive cleanse that rebuilt my ovaries, falopian tubes and uterus when I was 17, never had a pain again!!! I swear by it and recomend it. Ask your Gyno.
Lilmom
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Old 08-24-2004, 11:09 AM   #6

Luciouz HB User

What did the cleaning consists of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmom
codine was the only thing that half helped me with the pain that would put me in bed for two days out of the fourteen that I would be throwing up. I finally did a reproductive cleanse that rebuilt my ovaries, falopian tubes and uterus when I was 17, never had a pain again!!! I swear by it and recomend it. Ask your Gyno.
Lilmom

Old 08-24-2004, 11:47 AM   #7

fatally yours HB User
Unhappy Re: Painful Periods

I feel your pain, literally. My periods were always very "normal" up until my senior year in high school when I had a cyst burst on my ovary. That was, without a doubt, the most pain I'd ever been in in my life. I was home alone when it happened and I couldn't even get to the phone... so I just literally laid down on the bed and waited to pass out. Luckily my mom came home a few minutes later and took me to the emergency room. After that, my periods were extremely painful, for a week before I started, up through my whole period. It sounds like we may have had different pain though. Mine didn't make me nauseous, it was more like the sharpest stabbing pains and dull aches you can imagine. They put me on 5 different kinds of birth control pills but my body just couldn't take it so I gave up on that (no big surprise that I'm pregnant now ) My gyn. prescribed 600 mg. of Ibuprofen and even those wouldn't touch the pain. So then I'd take a couple of the regular strength Ibuprofen pills after; that didn't do anything either. Nothing really did. Over the last 6 months, my periods became more like they used to be (less painful) which was sooo nice. I guess things were getting back on track. Then I got pregnant...

I do think you should definitely make an appointment for an exam! Please do that. I'm sure that if you do, you can get something that will make you feel better, and you'll know why your periods are so painful. I hope you feel better soon!!

Closed Thread