It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 12:57 PM   #1

Navywife22 HB User
September Moms 2

I though I would start a new thread since the other one was so long.

I just got back from my doctors appointment. Things are moving along! Last Thursday I was 1 cm dilated and 0% effaced. Today I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced! All of that walking is really doing the trick.

I have severe swelling that is turning into preeclampsia. She prescribed high doses of Calcium which is supposed to ward off the toxemia. I do not have any protein in my urine but my blood pressure is elevated.

The baby is very low and already in the canal. This is great for the birth but is killing me from all of the pressure.

My due date is not until the 17 but she thinks that I will deliver early. My bet is this weekend since it is a full moon.

This will be the last week of work for me since I am swelling badly and in pain.

How is everyone else doing?

Old 08-24-2004, 05:30 PM   #2

ltw HB User
Thumbs up Re: September Moms 2

Hi!

I've been reading the September Mommies thread for a while. It's great to know that a lot of you have similar experiences as mine. Thanks!

I'm expecting my first baby girl in Sept 22nd. It's been a good pregnancy. No complication and no pains on my back either. The only complain I have is just the swelling feet and hands. Does any of you have swelling hands and feels painful and stiff when you bend your fingers? I feel it worse in the morning when I just wake up.

When does the doctor start to check for dilation? I've been having Braxton Hicks and they are pretty strong, I think. But when I asked my OB today if he can tell if I'm going to be early or not, he said he can't. My family have a history of delivering early...so I'm thinking I might be early too.

LTW

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 06:39 AM   #3

Navywife22 HB User
Re: September Moms 2

My doctor did an internal exam to check the dilation at 35.5 weeks. I then had another on on Tuesday when I was 36.4 weeks. I think the norm is for them to start checking at 36 weeks -about the time you start going every week.

Old 08-25-2004, 09:02 AM   #4

Cardboardmask HB User

Well I had one internal exam at 36 weeks but I think that was only to test for Strep which I am GBS positive.

I just had my 37 week check up and he said he wouldn't do another internal until I was 39 weeks.

Doctors can't tell if you are going to go early or not. No one really can. Everyone just hopes they will...including me!

Yes I have swollen feet and hands too. It doesn't hurt at all but it's just funny to look at.

I had another baby shower and I think I am finally ready for the baby! I am going out today just to get some final stuff to pack in my bag for the hospital. Then I will be all ready! Even showering is quite the workout for me now. I have to lay down for quite a while after I shower because I am so sore. I can't really dress myself anymore either because of all the pain in my pelvis. I have to have people put my socks on for me because I can't bend or lift my legs! Oh what fun it is.

Jen
EDD Sept 16

Old 08-25-2004, 12:41 PM   #5

ddpb2000 HB User

Hello
I also have been reading the posts for awhile. I am due on 9-8-04 and am about week 38. I have not had an exam yet, but I keep hoping I will go early. Has anyone else had heartburn. I had it for 7 hours straight yesterday and then woke up this morning with it again. Anyone know of any ideas of how to get rid of it? I also have the swelling, but so far it isn't too bad.

EDD 9/8/04

Old 08-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #6

ltw HB User

I was told to eat small meals frequently to avoid heartburns. I don't have heartburns, but if I lay down right after I eat, the food goes back up again. Very unpleasant .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpb2000
Hello
I also have been reading the posts for awhile. I am due on 9-8-04 and am about week 38. I have not had an exam yet, but I keep hoping I will go early. Has anyone else had heartburn. I had it for 7 hours straight yesterday and then woke up this morning with it again. Anyone know of any ideas of how to get rid of it? I also have the swelling, but so far it isn't too bad.

EDD 9/8/04

Old 08-25-2004, 02:19 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

oh my. Today had to be the worst day. I had pains so bad i called my doctor to see if it was normal. This is my first and i don't know what to expcet. These pains in my belly where horrible. I couldn't take deep breaths or move at all. I really wanted to cry. They where all over my belly. Hurt worse when i would walk. Nurse said she thought it was normal. The pains i was having when i walked where the braxton hicks contractions. What worried me was that they where really high in my belly and extremely painful. I have been having the braxton hick contractions for a couple of weeks, but no pain like this. I have notice today it's been really hard to catch my breath. Which is different because baby dropped and breathing up until today was easier. Those pains where really starting to make me nauses. I have had swelling and seems to be getting worse. Hands, feet, and ankles. Mornings are the worst and after i have worked all day. When i wake up it hurts to move my fingers and toes. My legs and back hurt really bad too. Sorry about all the complaining. I had a horrible day and really can't wait to have this baby. Well good luck every one. I wish you all the best.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:34 PM   #8

Beef HB User

Hi --
I was spending more time on the August mommies thread but since they're all HAVING their babies I wanted to come say hi to you guys. Because I'm 39 weeks today and NO ACTION -- baby is just so happy in there, I think she thinks she'll hang out for a bit. Silly baby!
Anyway, it's superhorribly muggy today so my ankles are FAT, my fingers are FAT, and my hair is frizzy. What could be worse? Just kiddin'. Anyway, hi everybody, hang in there.
Beef

Old 08-25-2004, 02:36 PM   #9

Beef HB User

Hi --
I was spending more time on the August mommies thread but since they're all HAVING their babies I wanted to come say hi to you guys. Because I'm 39 weeks today and NO ACTION -- baby is just so happy in there, I think she thinks she'll hang out for a bit. Silly baby!
Anyway, it's superhorribly muggy today so my ankles are FAT, my fingers are FAT, and my hair is frizzy. What could be worse? Just kiddin'. Anyway, hi everybody, hang in there.
Beef

Old 08-26-2004, 06:21 AM   #10

Amy2003 HB User

Hi
I am having a lot of backache on and off and rest and massage by my hubby helps a lot. Is anyone having problem in breathing at night. I cant sleep without elevating my pillows.
Have your doc's told you the position of the baby? Have you had any u/s to check this?
My doc told me that they will do a short u/s to check the baby's position.
Today i start my 9th mth and its such a relief that only one more mth to go and then i will have my little one.
Amy

EDD sept 26th

Old 08-26-2004, 07:47 AM   #11

Navywife22 HB User

The Doctor has checked the baby’s position by feeling the outside of my belly for the last few visits. - starting at about 33 weeks I think. She started checking her position / dilation/ effacement at 35 weeks and checked again at 36 weeks. She will check every time I go in from here on out.

I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks to check for size a position. She was head down, lodged in the birth canal, ready to go.

Last edited by Navywife22; 08-26-2004 at 07:49 AM.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:26 AM   #12

mom2be0904 HB User

Hey everyone! I have wonderful news...Kaden decided to come a little early and I had him on sunday (aug. 22)!! I was 35 weeks and 4 days, due sept. 23. I guess he had enough of it in there! He is SO PERFECT!! He weighed 5 lbs 14 oz. and was 18.5 inches long. He had no problems with his health except for jaundice (which is VERY common in newborns, especially preemies). We got to bring him home yesterday, a day after I was discharged. I have never been so in love in my life! He is such an angel.
I won't go into all the details, but here is his birth story in a nutshell:
1:45 am on sunday morning my water broke...much to our suprise. I was in denial that it was my water breaking because I thought I had almost 5 weeks to go. I didnt have my bags packed or anything. I started having contractions soon after we left the house to go to the hospital. When they checked me at 2 I was dialated to 2. At 6 I was a 3, and they gave me demoral which made me feel like I was on LOTS of drugs! It was weird. I got an epidural about an hour later when the pain was unbearable. I was started on pitocin and by 10:00 I was a 9!! I had him at 11:45 am. It hurt more then I ever imagined, and they had to use a vaccum to help him out. By that time I welcomed any help I could get!
He got a nine on the apgar, which was such a relief! And he is just as perfect as can be!

I want to thank all of you for helping me with my questions throughout my pregnancy! You were all such great support! I hope all of you have as wonderful an experience as I did! Good Luck!
IT'S A BOY!!

Old 08-26-2004, 04:08 PM   #13

Cardboardmask HB User

Congrats!! It must have been nice to have him come early! I wish that would happen to me. I'm glad to know that everything is ok and he is healthy.

Good luck!

Old 08-26-2004, 05:16 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

Congrads on the baby boy. Glad to hear everything is going well. I am ready to have my little girl. EDD is Sept 20th. I will be really surpised if she holds out that long. We will be 37 weeks Monday and doctor says that is considered full term. So really he said any day now he thinks. I am really hoping so. I am getting really excited to have her hear. I keep thinking about how much things are going to change for us. Well i am so happpy that you have you baby boy and that everything went well for you. Goodluck as a new mommy.

Old 08-27-2004, 06:04 AM   #15

Amy2003 HB User

Congrats!
I am happy to know all is well.
Take care and Good Luck!

Closed Thread