It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 05:22 PM   #1

Yes_ma'am HB User
October Moms

Where are all the October mothers? I haven't seen you all. I am wondering if any of you think that you are going to deliver early?

Old 08-24-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
(female)

mrsb816 HB User
Re: October Moms

Hi! I've been wondering where all the October moms have been hiding. I'm due Oct. 7th. I think I may go early though. The dr. thinks the baby is growing fine but my uterus is small so he may outgrow it before my DD. I can't wait! I get more excited everyday now that it seems like its getting close. I have a dr. appointment on Friday for the strep b test and to see if my little guy is still breech. If he is dr. is going to try to get him to flip around. Anyone have any experience with that? This is my first so I don't know what to expect. Anyway, I'd love to hear from some of the other October mommies. How are you all doing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 08:36 AM   #3

Yes_ma'am HB User

Oh goodie, someone is here. I am due Oct 5th. Then they changed it to the 4th. I am excited as well. Fighting with high blood pressure and swelling, but it seems to be staying down for a couple of weeks. I think I may go early, too. Everyone keeps saying hoe huge I look to be eight months. We'll see! Anyway, they haven't set me up for a strep b yet. From going to antenatal testing, twice a week, they said his head is down, but he does move a bit. I am just excited as you are! But I worry that depression will hit. What are your fears?

Old 08-25-2004, 09:34 AM   #4
(female)

mrsb816 HB User

I'm sorry to hear about the high blood pressure. Have you been on bed rest or just diet changes and stuff? I can't imagine bed rest. I think I'd go crazy. I have the opposite problem with blood pressure. Mine is low which means no epidural b/c that lowers your blood pressure and can cause problems. I'm so scared I won't be able to handle the pain and the blood pressure thing limits my options. I worry a little about depression also, but my dh is wonderful and my mother is my best friend and so excited and willing to help. How is your support system? I think the fact that your concerned is good b/c if it does become a problem you'll be aware of it and can do something about it right away. You'll be fine though I'm sure.
My biggest fear is that I'll have to have a c-section, which I suppose wouldn't be so terrible but I'd really like to experience the birth. I'm about 5'3" and pre-pregnancy I was 95 lbs. I have a very small frame. I guess we'll just have to wait and see but I'm praying he'll be small enough for me to deliver normally.
Is this your first?

Old 08-25-2004, 10:29 AM   #5
Veteran

0603david HB User

HI Ladies-
I have 2 due dates, Oct 29 and Nov 4. My doc is sticking with Oct 29 though. So far so good. I had toxemia with my first pregnancy and began swelling right about now (2 months left). I have no swelling yet though so I"m keeping my fingers crossed. I have different symtoms this time (this is a girl) like feeling like I am going to faint and pelvic pain on the bones where I feel like I can't walk. Wierd stuff. I guess my biggest fear is the pushing. That was the hardest part for me last time and I hope this one comes out faster and easier.

I hope your swelling does not come back. Nothing took my water swelling away. No matter how much I sat or put my feet up. I just kept taking on more water like a sinking boat HA! But boy, after I had him, I peed for days and about 700cc at a time!!! Good luck.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #6

sivaarar HB User

I would just like to wish you all the best of luck, and tell you how excited I am!! I am not due until Jan 4th but I still had to stop by to hear what the last month is like.
Mrsb816 - how low is your blood pressure? Mine is low as well, but I have not been told anything about epidurals and such. You will cope just fine though - you will still be allowed other things such as gas to help with the pain right?

Old 08-25-2004, 01:49 PM   #7
(female)

mrsb816 HB User

0603david-I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you can avoid toxemia this time. I've heard is more common in first pregnancies so maybe you won't have to deal with that this time around. How long were you in labor with you first? The pushing really scares me too. Everything scares me but I'm so excited too. Emotions and hormones running wild!
Sivaarar-My blood pressure generally runs about 100/65 or so. Its been up a little a couple of times during my pregnancy. Some women do still use the epidural despite it being riskier. They can give you adrenaline or something if there are problems for it but it does put you at higher risk. Not all IV meds are safe either but there are still some that should be just fine and my dr also recommended something called a paracervical block which is a shot of local anesthetic (sp?) they inject right into both sides of the cervix. I've heard that works well. Everyone's labor is different so I'm not going in with anything too set in my mind. We'll see if I need something and what that will be when I get there. Congrats on your pg. The time goes faster than you think it will so enjoy it, even the unpleasant parts b/c they all just mean you get a wonderful gift at the end.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:34 PM   #8

PJ1126 HB User

Hi there,
I'm due Oct 13th. Just started having swelling in my hands & feet a week & a half ago, but they checked my BP & it seemed fine. So, I just drink tons & tons of water and pee hourly 24/7. Yikes. I, too, hadn't heard about low BP and no epidural. My BP has been pretty low all along, but they haven't mentioned the impact of that on an epidural. Hmm... I did really want an epidural, too. Will ask my doc this week about it. Other than that, I've been doing pretty well. Tired (getting up hourly to pee), a little nauseous at times (occasional), and generally wanting to get the nursery all set in case she does come early! Don't have any sense that she will, though. We'll see.

Take care of yourselves,
P.

Old 08-27-2004, 05:35 PM   #9

sivaarar HB User

Thank you very much for your answer - I have a lot to look into and consider now!

Old 08-27-2004, 06:06 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Angela4 HB User

Hi everyone, I'm due October 5th. I've been feeling pretty good, lots of swelling though and the heartburn hurts really bad. I sometimes wonder how I am going to get through another 5 weeks of this. I'm a little anxious about the labor, but I think by the time it happens, I'll just be ready to get it over with.
Anyone else having problems with smothering in-laws? I know it will just get worse after the baby is born and I'm not looking forward to it, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Old 08-28-2004, 08:06 PM   #11

Yes_ma'am HB User

This will be our first. I have had swollen ankles, feet, wrists, and face( on occations). I thought it was toxemia, as well,. But my blood pressure has been a little low. Does anyone think that they will have there little one two weeks early or late? I have feeling that I hopefully will reach full term, but I may be a little early that my due date.

Old 08-30-2004, 08:37 AM   #12

Yes_ma'am HB User

WHere are you mommies?

Old 08-30-2004, 09:14 AM   #13
Veteran

0603david HB User

I am due Oct 29. No swelling as of yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Yes, the first pregnancies seem to be the worst with swelling, especialy if it is a boy. This is just my experience with friends and family.

The only thing that bugs me now is that I cannot bend or lift without a cramp or pulling. She is so heavy that she gives me to much pressure. I can't put my 2 year olds shoes on anymore. Heartburn comes occasionally but I really have nothing to complain about right now. I'm sure the swelling will start in a few weeks. I can't be that lucky.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:31 PM   #14

Yes_ma'am HB User

Have gone to antenatal testing? And how often do you get Braxton Hicks contractions. Mine are becoming close together.

Old 08-30-2004, 02:58 PM   #15

PJ1126 HB User

Hi,
I'm actually not sure what antenatal testing is. Haven't had any testing other than the 20 week ultrasound, the ultrascreen and the upcoming Group B strep test. As for Braxton Hicks, I'm not even sure I feel them....my doc said I was having them when I was in her office last week, but I don't really notice them. So, can't answer that one. Still swelling quite a bit, which is really annoying - mainly because shoes don't fit & I am up once an hour at night peeing. Yikes. But - it could be far worse, so I"m still chuggin' along.

Hope all is well w/you all --
P.

Closed Thread