It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 09:04 PM   #1

black*kat HB User
Question 17 days late - 2 neg tests. Should I get a blood test?

I am currently 17 days late. My cycle has always been quite regular at 28-29 days. My first day of my last period was July 11, with possible conception estimated at July 25. I know DH & I had sex on that date. Everything seems to add up. I took a HPT on Sunday (8/22) but it was negative. I had another urine test done at the Dr's office yesterday. It was also negative.

At the Dr. they drew blood and they're checking my thyroid. Do they automatically check for pregnancy with a blood test if the main concern is my cycle or do I have to request it? Sorry to sound dumb . . . but of course I didn't think of that until I left the office. How accurate is a blood test?

I've never been late. So I started thinking maybe it's all in my head - just some kind of psychosomatic pregnancy. But, I actually lost count of my cycle this past month and didn't realize until I looked at the calendar and I was already a week late. It wasn't until that point that I started thinking about wanting to be pregnant. I've had a few symptoms too- for the past 7 days or so I've been ok when I get up and after breakfast but I get really nauseous after lunch, and a little after dinner as well. I haven't changed the way I've been eating at all, but I can't seem to get full. I've also been getting little headaches and I've been tired for no real reason. Maybe all that stuff is psychosomatic, though.

We haven't been TTC, but we haven't been using "real" birth control either - he just pulls out. We both want children, and soon - but he wants to be a little more "prepared". I just say that if we wait until everything in our lives is calm it will never happen!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 07:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: 17 days late - 2 neg tests. Should I get a blood test?

I would suggest calling your doctor's office and asking them if they are checking the blood sample for pregnancy or if you can get another blood test to check for pregnancy. I hope you get the results you want!

Closed Thread