It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 07:51 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Nutshell HB User
Talking Listening to the heartbeat

Hello Ladies. Well I am glad everything is going okay for everyone. I have been keeping up with everyone but not posting much. I ordered a doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat and it came in yesterday. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow and guess what? I listened to my baby's heartbeat several times last night!!! It makes me feel so much better to be able to hear that little heartbeat. I was surprised I was able to hear it.

I have a question. Could some of you tell me what your baby's heartbeat was and what the gender was? I thought before I got pregnant that my next child would be a girl but this heartbeat is around the same as my son's was. I have had second guesses about it being a girl now for a couple weeks. It doesn't matter to me what it is but I like trying to figure it out. I have tried the Chinese calender thing and it shows a boy, the thread and wedding ring thing shows a boy but then there was another little test I did that showed girl. I have about 9 more weeks before I have another ultrasound!!

Any input would be appreciated.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User
Re: Listening to the heartbeat

Aww hun, none of those wive's tales are really true! I know so many people whos babies had high heartbeats and they had a boy, or slow heartbeats and they had a girl! I know you're going crazy (I remember what that's like, believe me!) but you'll find out in 9 weeks you said! Just keep busy and the time will go by fast, I promise!! Plus you have to remember that early on in pregnancy, babies heartbeats are usually really fast. At 14 weeks, my little girl's heartbeat was 148bpm, which according to the wive's tale, DOES indicate a girl. Even though it was true, I still don't believe them! Also, the Chinese Gender Prediction Chart was WRONG WRONG WRONG! Said a little boy, and believe me there was no penis on the u/s screen! Don't worry, hun, before you know it you'll be holding your little boy or girl in your arms!

Ammalin Rose - 10.23.2004
Nevaeh Marie - 05.16.2006

Last edited by LiveYourDreams; 08-26-2004 at 09:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 10:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Nutshell HB User

Oh I have plenty to keep me busy. I have a 17 1/2 month old at home. He is a wild little thing. He is hitting terrible two's early. I don't mind though. He has gotten to the funny stage!

Old 08-26-2004, 11:24 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

LOL! Then you'll be plenty busy enough! He sounds ADORABLE! Does he say No to everything you ask him yet? That's always fun!

Ammalin Rose - 10.23.2004
Nevaeh Marie - 05.16.2006

Old 08-26-2004, 04:58 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Nutshell HB User

Well he doesn't talk most of the time. He knows how but chooses not to!LOL I guess I should enjoy that for now. When he starts I know he will never stop. He does however shake his head no and say "huh-uh". He really is sweet!!

Old 08-26-2004, 06:51 PM   #6
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

At the end, my son's was 158. HOWEVER.... I was told he was a "she" by 2 different docs at 24 and 32 weeks. Imagine the shock when SHE was a HE!! I had a HUGE baby shower and everything was pink, washed, no tags, no receipts. The doc was impressed with my son's "unit" and said that sometimes if they are bigger than normal, the penis will get tucked (somehow) and it looks like a girl. When we do finally get a BFP, I am going to get a 3D u/s and still be skeptical on the sex.

Good Luck....I am gonna haveta get one of those things when we do get pg!

Nicole
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Old 08-26-2004, 08:45 PM   #7

kristi_p HB User
Talking Re: Listening to the heartbeat

Congrats on heraing the heartbeat!! That is so cool, to hear it whenever you want!

Old 08-27-2004, 07:12 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Nutshell HB User

Oh my goodness. I couldn't imagine having all girl clothes and having a boy. My little boys heartbeat was always between 155 and 160. I really enjoy listening to the baby when I want to. It helps when you are worrying about things.

Mommy2Isaiah-I hope you get your BFP really soon! You will have to keep us posted!

Old 08-27-2004, 02:20 PM   #9
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

Since AF isn't here yet, and tomorrow is the D-day, I'm nervous about getting a test and it being negative . I'll probably get a 2 pack and do one tonight and one in the AM.
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Closed Thread