It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 04:28 PM   #1

kittenhead HB User
What are the chances that I'm pregnant?

Oi, I bet everyone here has seen a lot of these threads, and I'm sorry to start another one. If I had someone to talk to here I would do so. I've been searching the internet for a few days to find a place where I could get some insight and advice. Thanks so much to anyone who is reading this and takes the time to help out in any way.

Here is my question/situation:

I have only been sexually active for almost two years now. I started out wanting to wait until I was married to have sex, but things changed. I am with a very loving boyfriend and we've been together for nearly three years. We are planning on getting married in the summer of 2006. So things are fine with us, that is the least of my concerns.

Well, it had been about a month to a month and a half since we have had sex and then last Wednesday, the 18th, we did have sex again. Usually we use a condom, but this time we started out without one. I'm not on birth control or anything. But then before anything would happen, he did use a condom and even pulled out with the condom on before he came. I didn't think anything of it really. It had never been a concern before.

It was a good week for him, lol, because we ended up having sex again..I honestly can't remember if it was Thursday or Friday, but it was one of those two nights and the same situation occured. My irresponsibility is my own fault. Anyways, on Sunday morning I woke up and I was bleeding. Not like a lot, but it was very bright compared to my normal period and it wasn't incredibly heaving, I'd say probably like the third day into a period perhaps. It only lasted for the morning and early afternoon that day. Also, I ended up sick with the poos for most of the day as well.

The thing is, I had only ended my period on the 13th or 14th, so it was about a week after I had stopped. Then Monday came and once again, in the afternoon, I had a bit of spotting, but it only lasted for a couple hours. But then on Tuesday, we had sex again and for the love, it was the same situation as the other two times. I woke up on Wednesday and was again bleeding just a little bit and it didn't last very long. Then today, I am bleeding just a little bit still. It isn't very consistent, nor very heavy, so I know that it isn't like a normal period for me as I usually have a very heavy cycle.

So my question is, could it be his penis that is making me bleed? Or is this a sign of some sort of whacky illness or even pregnancy? I really don't know a lot about how a pregnancy works. I was very sheltered growing up, in a strict religious home. I was never allowed to take any sexual education classes in school and my mother never spoke to me about it. I didn't live with my father until I was in my mid-teens and by that time, I thought my friends knew it all when they would talk to me about it.

I'm just really confused, so if anyone could lend any ideas or suggestions or even a similar story situation, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for reading and I'm sorry it was so long!

Last edited by kittenhead; 08-26-2004 at 04:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 04:39 PM   #2

littlesister HB User
Re: What are the chances that I'm pregnant?

i understand where you are comming from. the only thing i can tell you is you might want to get checked out if you are still spotting in a couple of days. i wish i could tell you more but i dont know what to say about it. [ removed ]

Last edited by moderator2; 08-26-2004 at 07:49 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:43 PM   #3

kittenhead HB User

Thank you for replying. Do you know much about pregnancies or anything like that?

edit: I actually just read the thread you made and I can see you're in a similar situation.

Last edited by kittenhead; 08-26-2004 at 05:07 PM.

Old 08-26-2004, 05:29 PM   #4

2confused HB User

You say your period ended on the 13th or 14th, but when did it start? How long do you normally go between periods? With an average cycle of 28 days, and a flow of 5 days, you would have started on the 8th or 9th, and would only have ovulated a few days ago, around Sunday the 22nd. In the 3-4 days prior to the 22nd, if you didn't use a condom, yes, you could have become pregnant, but pregnancy shouldn't cause bleeding, especially that quickly. Maybe some spotting this weekend when the egg implanted in your uterus (of course only IF you did in fact conceive). Your ovulation date would also explain how he managed to get so "lucky" as you say. Your sex drive increases a few days before ovulation and stays higher until you do.

It is rare, but some women bleed around the time they ovulate, but if this is something new for you, I doubt you are one of those. Since this has gone on for several days, it probably wouldn't be that, anyway.

Sometimes sex can cause bleeding for many reasons. If he didn't wait until your body was ready to receive him, you might have gotten small tears in your vaginal walls. Bleeding after sex can be a sign of some STDs. Sometimes if a woman has a yeast infection (or other non-STD vaginal infections), sex can cause bleeding. Also, if you are sexually inactive for a time, then suddently start having lots of sex, you're going to get sore, and yes, maybe bleed a little.

I don't think your poos had anything to do with your bleeding, or sex either for that matter, unless you had anal sex and he came inside you then (semen is supposed work like an enema, I've heard).

I have to ask this though. When he first enters you, does it hurt? I wonder if maybe after waiting over a month, if it might be that he rushed into it the first time last week while your body wasn't ready and maybe caused a small tear, then the later occurances may have reopened it.

2confused

Old 08-26-2004, 06:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Read the Pregnancy Info For Teens,etc sticky on the main pregnancy board page.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 08-26-2004, 06:18 PM   #6

kittenhead HB User

My periods are usually very heavy and last for about 6 or 7 days. I usually go about 3 weeks between periods, so it's probably a 26-28ish day cycle. I occasionally have a bit of spotting between periods, but it would only last for perhaps a day. I think I started my period on the 7th. I used a calender and checked and it was a Saturday, so I'm sure it was the 7th.

I haven't done anal sex, so it was probably just the Greek food I had the day before

I have never bled when I've had sex, not even the first time, so maybe it was just the amount of time we had sex. And I think it only hurt a small bit the first time, probably since it had been awhile. So perhaps it's that.

I guess I'll see if it goes on for awhile or if I do actually get my period since if it is a 26-28 day cycle I should be getting it around the 2nd of September.

Thanks for your help!

Old 08-26-2004, 06:58 PM   #7

2confused HB User

OK, you probably ovulated on the 21st or 22nd. If you had sex without a condom (whether he came inside you or not) you have about a 20% chance of being pregnant. Pre-ejaculate CAN contain sperm. I do not agree with the statement that it contains more sperm than ejaculate does you will find in the teens guide referred to by another poster. Pre-ejaculate might contain sperm if he hasn't peed since the last time he ejaculated, but it doesn't contain any naturally. It doesn't even come from the testicles.

Good luck to you.

2confused

Old 08-26-2004, 07:06 PM   #8

kittenhead HB User

Thank you! I really appreciate your help and you've helped relieve some anxiety. I'll still be keeping an eye on things just in case there is something wrong and that small chance that I could be pregnant. Thank you!

Old 08-26-2004, 07:15 PM   #9

2confused HB User

Sounds like a plan. Keep us updated. :-)

2confused

Old 08-26-2004, 08:32 PM   #10

kittenhead HB User

I sure will thank you!

Old 08-27-2004, 12:34 AM   #11

mskitty772 HB User

hello all I am new here so Hello to all. I have a question hopefully someone out there can help me. I had a tubligation almost 10 years ago and now for some unknown reason I have not had a period since june my last one started on the 19th of june and since then I have not even had a trace. It is so weird cause my last child was a while ago and it is hard for me to remember what it felt like in the beginning it is like starting all over again but I am afraid to get my hopes up for a child, I did a hpt and that came up negative which it was a dollar store brand that was actually a dollar so you get what you pay for lol, please if anyone has any ideas or info please let me in on it thanks millions

Old 08-27-2004, 09:03 AM   #12
(female)

wkirsch HB User

Kittenhead,
I had the same thing happen to me back when I was younger. I ended up having a kidney infection which I was told by the doctor was quite common when girls start having sex. Just thought I'd let you know so that it could ease your mind a little bit.
Wkirsch

Old 08-27-2004, 02:28 PM   #13

kittenhead HB User

It's interesting that you should mention that as I've been tested for kidney disease and I just passed my first kidney stone a few months back. Maybe I have another kidney stone I suffer from chronic kidney/bladder infections. It's just really different from what I'm used to. I'll just wait it out another week or so I guess because there isn't a whole lot of pain right now.

Thank you!

Old 08-28-2004, 02:43 AM   #14

littlesister HB User

the planned parenthood that is closest to me in about a thirty min. drive and if i am correct it is on a donation program also. the funny thing is i was also going to wait until i got married but as you can tell it didn't happen. i am due to get married next year and my whole family is happy with the idea of the younges getting married first. any way thank you for your advise. i can tell you to take it easy though and get tested as soon as possible. i would love to hear if you are or are not.

Old 08-28-2004, 04:54 PM   #15

kittenhead HB User

Thank you!! Wow, our situations are so similar, lol. I am still bleeding really lightly as though I'm on a period but I'm not so it's really kinda nervewracking, but I'm going to just see how it is on the day that it's actually due.

Good luck to you too! I hope things work out for you. You're welcome too for any advice that I could lend out there I'll keep you up to date, and I want to hear how things are going for you too.

Closed Thread