It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 03:29 PM   #1

littlesister HB User
Question please help

i am a 22 year old and i have missed my menstral cycle now for two months. i have taken some home test and they come back negative. i don't know what to do. i don't have insurance yet and i am not due to get married until next year whne my benifets would kick in. what can i do? please help if you have any suggestions.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:47 PM   #2

kittenhead HB User
Re: please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesister
i am a 22 year old and i have missed my menstral cycle now for two months. i have taken some home test and they come back negative. i don't know what to do. i don't have insurance yet and i am not due to get married until next year whne my benifets would kick in. what can i do? please help if you have any suggestions.
We are in similar situations, huh! I replied in my thread before I read yours. Like I said in my other thread, I don't really know much about this sort of thing. I do know that in pregnancies, for the most part, missing periods are a sign of pregnancy. Do you have some sort of a planned parenthood center by your house? Like a place where you can go if you don't have insurance. Then you can go and get checked out. The planned parenthood across from my house for the most part is on a donation basis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 04:02 PM   #3

2confused HB User

Planned Parenthood (or any crisis pregnancy office, I personally detest Planned Parenthood) or the Health Dept would be able to test you. If you get a positive result, you could go to the Dept of Human Resources and get on your state's medicaid (or similar) program. Since you can't get insurance at your job right now, you may be able to qualify even if you aren't pregnant based on how much money you make. What state are you in? I know in Tennessee and Mississippi it's very easy for a pregnant woman to get insurance through the state, and they cover kids, too. You could also call some ob/gyn's in your area and get prices on blood tests. Pregnant or not, missing your period for 2 months warrants a trip to the Dr. and you need to get checked out regardless. Call your local health department and see if they have an office you could be seen at to determine the cause if you aren't pregnant.

How long has it been since you last tested?

2confused

Last edited by 2confused; 08-26-2004 at 04:03 PM.

Old 08-28-2004, 01:46 AM   #4

littlesister HB User

thank you for your thoughts. i really appricate the help. i can't really turn to my sister or my mother. it is something we really don't talk about in my family.

Old 08-28-2004, 01:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

you can miss a period for more reasons than just pregnancy. stress can affect your cycle, as well as hormones and many other things. I urge you to go to your GYN...insurance or not. I missed mine in March...stress was the factor..they put me on Provera to make me start. My GYN said that they dont get overly concerned unless it happens 3 consecutive months...so that will give you a month there to save some money up, in case you miss a 3rd month. Good luck and hope everything is ok.

Old 08-29-2004, 06:25 PM   #6

littlesister HB User

thank you very much. i really appricate the info. my soon to be husband hopes i am and i am still a little scared. thank you again for the info.

Old 08-31-2004, 09:31 PM   #7
(female)

confused788 HB User

well you can miss your period due to stress. ummm...since you say you no insurance, you should go planned parenthood. they adjust thier wages around you. so if you can't pay alot, they'll lower it. so i suggest you go there!! goodluck!

Old 09-01-2004, 08:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Just so you know, some women just have longer cycles than the normal 28-30 days. I had several cycles that were in the 55-70 day range. That doesn't necessarily mean you're "missing" a period, just that you have long cycles. If you're really concerned about pregnancy, remember that a test will show up positive if you are pregnant by 2-3 weeks after the act that got you pregnant. So if there was one incident (or one week of incidents) that you're afraid of, wait 3 weeks after the last one and then take a test. If it's negative, then you're fine. Good luck!

Old 09-02-2004, 12:54 AM   #9

littlesister HB User

i want to thank everyone for the advice. me and my soon to be husband are going together on sat. to planned parenthood. you see it is not normal for me to miss my periods two months straight. i want to thank everyone again for the advice and support.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:16 AM   #10

littlesister HB User

update... i went to planned parenthood and took a test. they even said it was neg. but also said it could be in my head or that i could be and might want to take a blood test. so as soon as i can i am going to go take one. thanks for your advice again it was really helpful

Closed Thread