It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 03:30 PM   #1

2confused HB User
Arrow Is it still possible?

My cycle is normally 28-29 days long. One month my next cycle will begin in the early evening of CD28, the next month it will be in the morning on CD29. Back and forth like clockwork. So, I have a 28 1/2 day cycle. Last month I started on 7/28, and this month should have been 8/24.

I usually ovulate 14 days before AF is due, so I should have ovulated around Aug. 10. We aren't actively trying to get pregnant, but on two occurances in the 3 days prior to the 10th, we did not use a condom (neither of us like the idea of chemical birth control). I'd love to have a baby, DH just isn't quite sure he's ready (or so he SAYS, his actions speak otherwise, don't they? LOL)

On Monday, even though I wasn't yet late, since I was already at the Dr's office, I had a blood test done. It came back negative.

I'm having pregnancy symptoms such as sore boobs, nausea, and back pain. The nausea was subtle last week and at it's worst Monday of this week. When I was pregnant with my 9yo DS I had morning sickness for 2 days before I missed my period, then felt better than ever the rest of the pregnancy. I usually have sore boobs for a day or two a week before AF is due. This time the soreness subsided somewhat for a few days, but didn't go away as normal, then came back with a vengeance on Tuesday. The back pain started today. I'm also having slight cramps. I haven't had menstrual cramps in almost 10 years.

The biggest one though is my cervix. Sunday I noticed it was moving upward and softening again. Monday night it was near pre-ovulation height and softer still. Today it is still high and soft. Everything I have been able to find on the cervix between ovulation and onset of menses is that it stays low and firm until the pre-ovulatory stage in the next cycle UNLESS pregnancy has occured. In some women it will move up and soften around the time AF would be due, in others it won't move up and soften for several weeks. Mine has, and I'm pretty darn certain I'm not about to ovulate.

Again, AF should have shown up Tuesday night, but she didn't. Her sister Spot showed up last night though. I had a TINY bit of light pink spotting last night, and again this morning. Assuming AF was finally going to make her arrival, and being that I had nothing else to use, I put in a tampon this morning. A few hours later it was like pulling sandpaper out. OUCH! This afternoon I've had a very light flow, more like day 5 (last day) than day 1. Normally it would be very red on day one. I've seen light red, pink, and brown, but none of the normal.

Since a preg test (either HPT or BT) won't pick up HCG until a day or two after implantation, do y'all think it is possible that implantation didn't occur until Sunday or Monday (CD26-27, 12-13dpo) and that's why my BT was negative? Is it possible that late implantation is what causes any woman to have a light period after becoming pregnant? Not enough time to stop it all, so to say?

Is it possible I might actually be pregnant?

Should I just give up hope?

2Confused

Last edited by 2confused; 08-26-2004 at 06:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread