It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 05:30 PM   #1

PJ1126 HB User
anyone not able to have an epidural due to low BP?

Another October mom mentioned this in a post, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has been told that they couldn't have an epidural due to having low blood pressure. I've had low BP all along, but my doc has never mentioned that to me (will ask her the next time I'm in, though).... Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 05:43 PM   #2

2confused HB User
Re: anyone not able to have an epidural due to low BP?

I have not been told that, but I do have low BP (usually around 60/90) and I have had two epidurals. The first one I had complications with, but not due to low BP, it was due to doctor error (and is VERY VERY rare). With my second pregnancy the epidural and labor went flawlessly. Not a single problem at all, entirely textbook labor & delivery.

Hope that helps!

2confused

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2004, 10:31 PM   #3

elvispupy HB User
Re: anyone not able to have an epidural due to low BP?

I didn't have low bp, in fact I had borderline high and was (unnecessarily) induced for it and an epidural, which caused my bp to plummet to dangerously low levels and I had at least 4 adrenaline shots to stabilize my bp. Ended up in a c/s. With my VBAC my doc was still trying to push an epi on me even after what happened, but I refused it and went natural.

Closed Thread