It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2004, 12:38 PM   #1

SolarRuca HB User
Exclamation missed dosage of ECP...HELP

i need help. im not on birth control and my boyfriend of a year and i had sex (its not the first time) and we used a condom. the condom broke and we started freaking out. i called my clinic and they called the pharmacy and i went there, got the ECPs and...took the first dose at, like, 3:30 pm. the lady at the pharmacy told me i should take them around seven, but i didnt because i had to wake up in the middle of the night to take some other medication anyway. but when my alarm went off i layed there, just for a sec, and next thing i knew it was 7 in the morning. my mom woke me up to say goodbye cuz she had work. so i took it then..and then i got really worried. i called my clinic again and, apparantly, my doctor isnt in until monday. i called a bunch of hotlines..but none of them gave me any information. i looked it up on google a bunch of times and i couldnt find..anything. so i signed up for this trying to find an answer. is it a problem that i took them four hours late? does it effect the chances a good amount? im so scared. my boyfriend is freaking out and making me freak out. i dont know what to do. i can't become pregnant. and i tried so hard to find a way out of it. im never having sex again, im so scared. i just need an answer. the people at the clinic are too slow and wont call me back. they cant call after 3:15 pm, i told them that. i have an appt with my physical therapist..and then my parents will be home..for the rest of the weekend. someone please help me, please.

Last edited by SolarRuca; 08-27-2004 at 09:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2004, 09:16 PM   #2

SolarRuca HB User
Exclamation Re: missed dosage of ECP...HELP

SolarRuca]i need help. im not on birth control and my boyfriend of a year and i had sex (its not the first time) and we used a condom. the condom broke and we started freaking out. i called my clinic and they called the pharmacy and i went there, got the ECPs and...took the first dose at, like, 3:30 pm. the lady at the pharmacy told me i should take them around seven, but i didnt because i had to wake up in the middle of the night to take some other medication anyway. but when my alarm went off i layed there, just for a sec, and next thing i knew it was 7 in the morning. my mom woke me up to say goodbye cuz she had work. so i took it then..and then i got really worried. i called my clinic again and, apparantly, my doctor isnt in until monday. i called a bunch of hotlines..but none of them gave me any information. i looked it up on google a bunch of times and i couldnt find..anything. so i signed up for this trying to find an answer. is it a problem that i took them four hours late? does it effect the chances a good amount? im so scared. my boyfriend is freaking out and making me freak out. i dont know what to do. i can't become pregnant. and i tried so hard to find a way out of it. im never having sex again, im so scared. i just need an answer. the people at the clinic are too slow and wont call me back. they cant call after 3:15 pm, i told them that. i have an appt with my physical therapist..and then my parents will be home..for the rest of the weekend. someone please help me, please.

Old 08-28-2004, 06:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: missed dosage of ECP...HELP

Chances are you will be fine because you already had taken one dose. Though that is just a guess at best. You can also call the pharmacy in which you got it from or another local one and ask them. They should be able to give you an answer.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Closed Thread