It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2004, 06:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User
Question Anyone else TTC?

i am currently ttc and i have one daughter 10 months old.....
i have been off bcp for months now with nothing....
last month i even got a ovulation predictor and had sex everyday of the week (for the week i was fertile) and still nothing....

just hoping i am not the only one out there who is ttc and not yet pregnant......anyway feel free to vent or just share your ttc story.
(i would have put this in infertility...but i dont think i am infertile since i did already have a DD...)
anyway hope to hear from anyone!

Old 08-28-2004, 06:09 PM   #2

jenyfer24 HB User
Re: Anyone else TTC?

H*, * am ttc...for a year now. * was d*agnosed w*th pcos *n June though...after go*ng off *** p*ll *n August 2003 and never gett*ng a per*od * dec*ded *t was t*me to see a fert*l*ty doctor. So now * am tak*ng metform*n and *t seems to be work*ng because * just had my f*rst per*od on my own!
* just look at *t as a good s*gn because now maybe * w*ll start ovulat*ng!!! * just bought an opk that * hope shows me that * am ovulat*ng th*s month...but we'll see. Th*s w*ll be my f*rst pregnancy and * just can't wa*t for *t to happen!!! Well good luck to you!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2004, 05:43 AM   #3

SueP HB User

We have been ttc for 3 years now. The 1st 2 years without anything. Started testing about a year ago. DH is good to go no problems with him. I then went and had different tests run on me. They checked for thyroid and pituatary (sp?) gland which came back fine. Then in Dec. I went and had a HSG done. They found then that my left tube is very narrow and the right tube is fine. I then went on Clomid for my Feb cycle got pg right away with it. I then had a m/c in April after being 8 weeks pg. Now I have been on the Clomid since May with every cycle. In July I went in for an u/s to make sure the Clomid is working. It was working that month because they seen 2 eggs that nice sized and everything. My doctor told me the other day when I was in to see her for my cold that if the Clomid does not work this time to let her know we may change something to get it to work hopefully. Sorry this is so long I tried to keep it short but when you are trying to cover 3 years it gets long.
Good luck with ttc.
SueP

Old 08-29-2004, 09:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

hi jennifer and sue....nice to finally hear from some others in this position....i am not really sure why i havent concieved this time around....i guess God will give me the next bundle if and when he feels its time...but man oh man the wait is no fun
i will pray for you both....i hope for all of up the ball gets rolling soon and we all can have want we want in the end.....good luck to you both and keep me posted on progress....!!!! i will be sure to do the same

Old 09-01-2004, 07:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

i just wanted to say i have reached my fertile period again and DH and i are trying so i will update soon and let yuo know how it goes...

wish us luck!!!!
i will certainly do the same for everyone else ttc!

Old 09-02-2004, 10:56 AM   #6

Yes_ma'am HB User

Hey ladies, just wanted to give you all hope and tell you to hang in there. I just want to know, do you all use basal tempetering. That is a good thing to use. And it is very helpful.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:16 PM   #7

jenyfer24 HB User

Chrissi good luck to you and definitely let us know what happens!!!
And Yes ma'am...I don't chart my temps...I tried when I first started ttc but just never kept up with it. But I have pcos and I don't think I have been ovulating so it wasn't helping me then. Although it probably would help me know. I finally just got my 1st period on my own in a year. I am doing opks right now. I started on cd10 and plan on going all the way through to cd24. Hopefully I will see something by then. It is hard to say when I will ovulate, if I even do. My period was forced by progesterone and started on July 4 and then my next period started on its own (with met) on August 20th. So I have quite a gap there...I am waiting to see if either I get pregnant this month or if not when I get my next period. I still don't know how long my cycles are going to be yet. Anyway my doctor told me I could come in and have bloodwork done to see if I ovulated...but I will probably do that next month.
I know charting would help me to at least know if I am ovulating at all...but in order to for it to really help you, you have to do it for months to get some kind of idea when you think your ovulating because once your temp drops you have already ovulated...so if you don't time intercourse correctly it will do you know good. Anyway I hope I get a BFP soon!!!

Old 09-03-2004, 05:29 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

thank you jennifer....i dont usually chart my BBT (i havent yet bought a thermometer for that , as i hear you have to get one that is more sensitive than just a "normal" one)
anyway i am smack dab in the middle of my fertile time, doing the baby dance when we can .....hard to find time between his 50 hrs a week at work and our 10 month old DD.....people keep telling me i am am just stressed out about becoming preggo....that why i havent yet....kinda skeptical about that really, i have always been a worrier/a little stressed out and my DD was concieved after 3 months of stopping the pill....lol i think it is all in the timing....
well good luck to everyone again...keep us all posted!

Old 09-05-2004, 10:05 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

just wanted to know how everyone is doing?

i get to do the two week wait (TWW) now that is no fun but, i have been doing it for months and keep getting the BFN...maybe this time it will be different...although i have to admit i have little hope for it, as i am tired of being worked up for nothing.....
sorry to be such a downer....i just get tired of one line on the test, i really want to see two this time.

ohh and Yes Ma'ma i didnt thank you for your encoragment last post, so thank you....i never get tired of encouraging words.

Last edited by Chrissi; 09-05-2004 at 10:08 PM.

Closed Thread