It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2004, 02:13 AM   #1
(female)

ibtara86 HB User
Exclamation I'm scared, please read.

Alright, My last period was July 23rd and its now Aug. 28th. Which my period isn't regular so the reason I am worried is because of the symptoms. Okay I've had unprotected sex with my boyfriend quite a few times. (The only partner I've ever had) But for the past couple of days I have had alot of nasuea everyday which I've never felt before. Sometimes it wakes me up from a sleep. I'm so bloated w/gas and I get sharp pains in my right breast. I also had lower back pain and lower stomach pain. Like in my overies or something. Pains in my sides.Thinking about or smelling food sometimes makes me sick. Anyway, I've taken a couple of pregnancy tests (Cheap ones though) all were negitive but the past 2 that I've taken look different than the others. I see a VERY faint line in the positive area. I have a gyno appointment Sep. 1st. (My first one, I've never been to a gyno b4!) I'm just scared because of the tests being negitve and if I am not pregnant then then something else must be bad wrong because of the pain. I'm sorry its so long.. thanks, Please reply!

Old 08-28-2004, 07:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User
Re: I'm scared, please read.

A faint line is still a line, just very early in the pregnancy. Be sure to tell you Gyno about the faint lines. HTH

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2004, 09:36 AM   #3

sivaarar HB User

Yes, a faint line can still be an indicator of pregnancy. Discuss everything with your doctor, and he/she will probably want to do a urine test or blood test to confirm whether or not you are pregnant. If you are, they will be able to discuss your options with you.

In the mean time (and in the future) please use protection, and/or ask the doctor about the pill. If you don't use protection *every* time chances are you will eventually get pregnant, even if you aren't this time.

Old 08-28-2004, 09:49 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

When I took a pregnancy test the day after I missed my period, the line came out really faint. My fiance was the one who told me there was a line, I didn't even see it! Sure enough, I was pregnant! I'm now almost 31 weeks pregnant.

Ammalin Rose - 10.23.2004
Nevaeh Marie - 05.16.2006

Old 08-28-2004, 11:28 AM   #5

littlesister HB User

i know how you are feeling my last period was june 23 and the home test came out neg. but i also thought i saw a very light line in the last one i took. don't be scared and let the lord take care of you.

Old 08-28-2004, 01:26 PM   #6
(female)

ibtara86 HB User

Thank you for the advice! I will keep you updated on what happens at the doctor. Just knowing I'm not alone helps SO much.

Old 08-28-2004, 02:04 PM   #7
(female)

ibtara86 HB User

ALSO! Could someone please tell me something about "Evaporated lines?" When I said I had a faint line it showed right up. Right when the test was finished. Was VERY faint. Is what I am seeing an evaporated line?

Old 08-28-2004, 03:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

NO----- a faint line is the same as a dark line, there is just not enough of the pregnany hormone to make it any darker at this point. the bottom line is that if you see a faint line, you ARE PREGNANT. please tell your doctor so you can get the right medical care.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2004, 04:33 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

I see post after post of people wondering if they are pregnant, etc, becuase they had unprotected sex. HELLO......Isnt that how people get pregnant? I am not trying to be rude, Im really not. I know people get scared when they think they are pregnant......

Take a pregnancy test, or go see your doctor.

Old 08-28-2004, 04:39 PM   #10
(female)

ibtara86 HB User

I'm Sorry Zayazmama, if you had read my post I have taken pregnancy test and I have an appointment with my doctor on Weds. You don't always get pregnant when you have unprotected sex. I'm sorry, I'm just worried because the tests were negitive or faint. And if I'm not pregnant something is wrong with me because of all this pain.

Old 08-28-2004, 11:17 PM   #11
(female)

ibtara86 HB User

Hey, Still getting the faint line.. But I have a problem tonight. I think I have a fever I dont have therm. but my face is all red and warm and i am cold. Is this common?

Old 08-29-2004, 02:55 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi it really sounds to me like your are definately pregnant ......I also got a very very faint line on 2 tests and am now 28 weeks .....What you are describing being red in the face is like having a hot flush....That is very common in pregnancy too.....This can be caused by all the extra hormones flowing around your body.....GOOD LUCK at the doctors and let us know how you go

Old 08-29-2004, 09:46 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

The test that I took indicated that a positive result will show for 48 hours. If you go back and look at the test a while later, sometimes it's easier to see the line there. The first one I took was very faint, but there and I'm 5 weeks pregnant, which was confirmed by a blood test last week.

With my first child, I was not in the best of circumstances and the timing was terrible, but things happen for a reason, and she is the best thing that could have happened. She has kept me going through a lot of hard times since. Don't be scared; it will all work out how it's supposed to!

Old 08-29-2004, 11:44 AM   #14
(female)

ibtara86 HB User

Wow thanks yall. I was starting to get somewhat depresed waiting on the Doctor visit Weds. (You know how hard it is to wait!) But reading all your good thoughts and advice puts me in a better mood.. thank you.

Old 08-29-2004, 09:38 PM   #15
(female)

ibtara86 HB User

Okay, I have a question for all you TTC'ers. Because I've never really watched my cycle. But I do write down on my calender when I get my period. Okay, I figured out when my periods were from the past 2 months and I found out I have a 41 day cycle! No wonder I thought my period was irrugular. I used one of those ovulation calculators and it said that my ovulation date was 08/19/2004 which I did BD on that day. Along with days before and after it. But the thing I can't figure out is it says my Estimated Fetal Age is 3 weeks, 3 days. How did it come up with that? haha. Just curious. Please reply!

Closed Thread