It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
Veteran

lilmom HB User
Talking April Mommies 2

Since the last thread was SO long I started a new one. I feel ucky today, I put my size 4 jeans away today, couldn't wear them...... a bit on the snug side. Oh well I've only been in those for about three months
Smells have been really bothering me............ poor DH can't even breath on me, before or after he brushes his teeth.
Lilmom
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Old 08-28-2004, 11:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User
Re: April Mommies 2

I ordered a few pairs of pants from old navy last night. I'm tired of taking my pants off to find zipper marks on my belly. I seem to actually be showing. My lower tummy is really pooched out and hard. I haven't had any real constipation problems, so I think this is actual uterus-pooch, not bloating-pooch. I read in one of my books that with twins you can look as big as a singleton mommy 6-8 weeks farther along, so that could put me at 14-16 weeks. I'm not sure if that applies yet or not, though. Either way I'm huge and I don't fit into a damn thing!

M/s has eased up a bit. I have found the the past 3 evenings I have felt almost normal from about 7pm on, and I wake up feeling not quite as bad.

Lilmom, I haven't noticed the smell thing. I really thought I would, too because I have a pretty sensitive nose to begin with. I guess it's better for me that I haven't gotten more sensitive. With 2 cats and a 60lb dog, our house gets kind of musty pretty easily, and I'd really rather NOT be super tuned in to those smells!

How's everyone else feeling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2004, 09:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I am glad you started a new thread. I couldn't keep up with the other one either, although I do want to keep in touch with the other April mommies. So far, I've been feeling really good. This is my 2nd pregnancy, but it's been 10 years since I was pregnant with my daughter, so it feels like the first time all over again. I don't really remember much about my first pregnancy. My sense of smell is heightened also, but I've only had touches of morning sickness. I do remember that next week is the week that it started with my daughter, so I'm bracing myself. I'm WAY more prepared this time around and sooooo glad I found this board.

Lawgirl - I'm so excited for you having twins! That's really neat! Do twins run in your family? I feel like I'm bigger than I should be already. My jeans don't fit anymore and I look like I'm 3 months pregnant! I guess it's common to be bigger sooner the 2nd time around, but I wonder if I might be having twins or am farther along based on the size of my abdomen. I will find out September 24th in my 1st doctor's appointment when she will do an Ultrasound.

Old 08-29-2004, 12:15 PM   #4
Veteran

lilmom HB User

With my 2nd I didn't show until I was 5 months along, but with this one I'm starting too.... or maybe I've just stopped holding it in and I've always had it.... ha,ha,ha. No but my pants are definately tighter. Ug
I feel ok but I'm tired and my poor DH can't eat anything with out me leaving the room, because of the smell.
Lilmom

Old 08-29-2004, 03:20 PM   #5

MySierra04 HB User

Hey Everyone,
I was wondering what had happened to everyone. Thnaks to the person who let us know about the new link.
I had my worst day yet, yesterday. I was puking all day! So I had to stay in bed, which was miserable.
Thankfully I feel better today.
Don't feel alone ladies, I am only 7 weeks along, And I can't fit but one pair of pants! So I had to go shopping to get some more. I have never liked shopping for pants, cause i have a skinny waiste and thicker theighs. So it has made it kinda difficult. But as soon as I get done having kids I am going to get lipo on my outer theighs. I can't wait.

Anyways, I hope the rest of you are having a great Sunday.
Talk to you later,
EDD- April 16, 2005
Married 12/2000

Old 08-29-2004, 04:26 PM   #6

moonstarlett HB User

Had a bit of a scare this weekend, guys. Went to the restroom on Friday and found a smear of pink blood on the toilet paper. For the nest 24 hours, saw really light brown spotting. Doc says don't worry unless it gets heavy or there is severe cramping. So far, none of that, and no trace of blood today. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hope that this is not too abnormal. I'm only 5-1/2 weeks along, but I am kinda scared. Took a pregnancy test this morning just in case - still +

Anyone been through this? What should I expect?

Thanks,
Moonstarlett

Old 08-29-2004, 05:07 PM   #7
(female)

tiggydunc HB User

Glad this second thread was started. Have any of you been having any cramping? I get these cramps - almost like a tightening - in my lower stomach every now and then. I just press my hand over it to try to relieve it. I really hope this is normal and not something to be worried about. My doctor's appointment is not until September 14th, but I just wanted to check if I was the only one with these cramps. I am about 6 weeks today.

Old 08-29-2004, 06:40 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Hey ladies. Today is my worst day yet. Not because I have been extra sick, or extra tired though.
When I first started posting, I had mention my incredibly CRAPPY relationship. Also in this relationship is his son, who is a drug baby, and who has some type of attachment disorder. He literally breaks everything in the house. Today, he broke my dvd player and my vcr. He gets into EVERYTHING. He kicks me and tells me he is going to kill the baby in my tummy. He spits on me, kicks me, bites me, and he beats up my son, who is almost 7. My son won't hit him back. He just walks away. About an hour ago, he ruined a cushion on my couch. And his dad doesnt understand why I am upset. For 4 years, he has done NOTHING to help this kid. Now, since we got back together, I finally take the initiative to get this kid the help he needs - and so far, it is only getting worse.
I HATE baby daddy. I now remember why I left him in the first place (we divorced 6 years ago). I regret ever getting back with him and I wish he would just leave. The only reason I havent kicked him out yet is because I feel sorry for his son. He is not capable of raising him. He is barely capable of taking care of himself, let alone a child with special needs.

Now.... I am contemplating adoption. I know, it sounds harsh. It is not that I dont WANT this baby. I do. Doc already thinks it is a girl (he trusts some kind of blood tests), and it would make a nice set. My son is the absolute sweetest, most loving child, and would make an awesome big brother to this baby. But now..... I dont know that I can give this baby what it is gonna need. I have been a single mom to my son since he was 3 months old. So, I know that I have it in me to do it. But I wonder about what both my son and this new baby will have to do without. I dont want to make anyone suffer, or anything like that. Once my relationship is over with this guy, that's it! I dont want to talk to him, look at him, or see him. He is nothing. He is a pothead alcoholic that refuses to admit he has a problem. I am so afraid to try to raise this child and fail.

Any ideas either way?

Old 08-29-2004, 08:13 PM   #9
Veteran

lilmom HB User

Zayazmama, I'm sorry but I've got to say somthing here, you did ask. WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING STILL IN YOUR HOUSE?????? Are you taking into concideration for your son and for your new baby???? What might he do to the baby once it's born? I don't really mean to be the bad one here and I feel sorry for the boy that you speak of but come on hon.... come on. I'm sorry, I just can't say anymore, I'm not trying to upset you, that is the last thing you need. Please feel free to vent, I won't say anymore about it.

Tiggydunc, Could the cramping you feel maybe be the ligaments stretching with the weight of your uterus? Mine go away if I press or massage them, Take more Calcium if that is the case, one I started taking mine they've gone away.

Moonstarlett, ooooo I'm sorry you've had to worry like that, I'll be praying for you.
Have a great night ladies.
Lilmom

Old 08-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #10
Veteran

lilmom HB User

Zayazmama, There are support groups that could help, And you son sounds like an angel, you obviously done a wonderful job with him. The both of you can make a great life for this little one, what a great big brother your son will be.
Lilmom

Old 08-29-2004, 08:51 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

Zaya

it is hard, i am sure to talk about this to people that you will never meet over the internet. i just want you to know that i don't judge your emotional thoughts right now.

first of all i do feel sorry for the other little boy in your life. HOWEVER..... you are a mother to your son (obviously) and to your unborn baby. you do not have to be obligated to anyone else. we ALL want to mother everything. i am sure we ALL at one time or another have been a mother to a dead beat guy, a user, an all around bad idea. we are women, and that is what we do.

this is the thing though.... if you don't want this man in your life, then get him out of your life. period. if you think about how easy it really is---- show him and his son the door. do not fall for the "whoa is me antics" you know this is NOT a good situation, the BD is no good for you, your son, your unborn baby.... obviously his parenting skills suck per his son's behavior. you have got to take care of you and yours girl. put all of your emotion toward your son and growing baby and you will have no problem. do not feel secretly special when he cries about it. he is an adult and should be able to make a life for himself. you are not responsible for his success. you ARE responsible for your son and new baby though.....

i am not trying to play devils advocate and i know how very very very hard it is to actually do it-- i was in a bad relationship for quite a while, but it was the best thing that has ever happened.(yes the whole thing-made me see life differently now that i have gone through the experience) i am now with the best person that i have evAr met. i bet when you rid your life of the things that make your soul unhappy, you will feel more secure about your mothering abilities. your babies are counting on you to take out the trash! get your power back.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2004, 11:02 PM   #12

fatally yours HB User

Hello! I hope you're all doing well, although I see that some of you aren't feeling so hot! =(

I'm really not having any new symptoms. Still no nausea, headaches, tiredness (is that a word?), etc. My breasts seem to be more sore, though. And, I do have a little pooch. I've noticed that some of my (tighter) jeans are too snug. It's kinda funny because I'm sooo excited to start showing, yet I know I'm going to be miserable once I get really big. lol But for now, I'm excited. I just hope I don't start showing too much before I move. I don't really want people to find out before I tell them! Oh yeah, and I've also noticed the sensitivity to smells thing. Not so much in the way that most of you are, though... mine is more of a deal where, just out of nowhere, for no reason, I'll get this really strong whiff of something. Like a few times at work, I SWORE that I could smell really strong various foods. It was annoying me and I kept asking everyone where it was coming from, and no one else could smell it. lol It's also happened a few times here at home. The smells don't make me sick though.

I've also had this tight feeling to my stomachs sometimes? Not a cramping or pulling feeling... just sometimes when I stand up, my lower stomach will feel tight and hard. Like it feels when I've just done a lot of sit-ups. Is that just the stretching?

Old 08-30-2004, 04:35 AM   #13
(female)

tiggydunc HB User

Zaya, I'm so sorry about all you are going through. Do what you believe is best for you and your babies.

Lilmom, Iím assuming thatís what the cramping is all about Ė stretching ligaments. Itís just difficult trying to explain that to my husband. He is so nervous over it.

Well, today is a little different Ė my jeans feel tighter and Iím having some nauseous feelings this morning. I didnít think I would show at 6 weeks, so maybe I am just bloated. I couldnít even drink my morning cup of tea. So, all I am doing is drinking water and eating some saltines. Iím trying so hard not to gag, so I keep taking slow, deep breaths to help it subside. Iíve heard that if you are nauseous during pregnancy, it means you are having a girl Ė I think itís an old wives tale or something like that. Any of you believe this??

Old 08-30-2004, 04:58 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zayazmama HB User

Nyxin,
Thanks for the imput. You will never know how much I appreciate it. I got this jerk out of my life once. I never should have gotten back into this in the first place. I understand what you mean. Believe me, I do. There is this part of me that knows that this relationship is complete BS. And I want him to leave. I told him that yesterday. I told him straight up.... "I dont give a ****** what you do, leave. You dont mean ****** to me anyway!". I guess he thought it was just prego hormones. Cause this morning, he tried to be all nice. I told him NOT to touch me, talk to me, NOTHING. I know this other kid is not my responsibility, but how am I supposed to live with myself knowing that I am sending this kid off, into a situation where I KNOW he is gonna get neglected and/or abused? I guess I will have to do something about that. As much as I hate to see this kid passed around, he belongs in a family who can meet his needs, like a foster family or something.

Lilmom,
Please girl, finish what you were saying. Trust me when I say that NOTHING can upset me more than I am upset right now. I dont get mad over what people say in here. These boards are helpful in many ways.

Anyway......thanks for the imput ladies.

Old 08-30-2004, 07:04 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Zayazmama, it sounds like you know what you need to do. It's just really hard to do it, especially since you have a baby on the way and he is the father. BUT, he is obviously not a good father and has NO chance of that until he cleans up his life. As far as his son, I know he is not to blame for his parents and you want to help, but it sounds like he needs more than you can give him as well. I don't mean to be harsh, but he is upsetting YOUR family and keeping him around means keeping his dad around and that's not good for you. You CAN call Social Services and have them look out for him. They can put him with foster parents who can give him what he needs. Take care of yourself and your family. As far as adoption is concerned, give it some time to create a new "normal" without the ex in your life and see how you feel in a few months. It is your choice, but not one you want to make out of haste. You've got some time to get things in order. That's the beauty of this process taking 9 months! Good luck with everything on your plate and feel free to vent to us!

Closed Thread