It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2004, 11:05 AM   #1

MoonGoddess672 HB User
Embarrassing/Funniest moments during pregnancy and beyond...

Just a little curious if anyone had any funny or embarrassing stories when they were pregnant or just becoming a new mom?

I think one of my embarrassing moments took place 12 months after my son was born and my husband and I finally tied the knot. I was breastfeeding still and I wasn't able to pump for some reason or another, it just never worked for me, he was slowly weaning. My husband and I went to Salem, Mass for our honeymoon which was only for four days. I thought since it wasn't that long that my breasts wouldn't become engorged...boy was I wrong. The second day we were there, my boobs were like basketballs and I was in horrible pain.
I tried everything from putting hot rags on my breast, to running hot water on them, to trying to squeeze my milk out. Finally it came down to my husband having to suck my milk out and spit it into a cup. I've been with him for four years and I've never felt so embarrassed around him like I did that night and it being on our honeymoon for heaven's sake. From time to time he brings it up as a joke that he had to " Milk" me...I feel like a cow when he says that...LOL

Oh, yeah a another one was when my son was just a tiny infant and we went on a day trip, I was breastfeeding him while I carried him in a Snuggly. It was crowded where we were at so people were shoulder to shoulder, well my son decided to suck really hard and let go making my milk SPRAY out like a water gun...it ended up hitting some poor unexpected person in front of me in the back of the head. I was so humilated, he didn't know it was me though, he turned around looking to see what just sprayed him. I never knew that I was a human water gun!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: Embarrassing/Funniest moments during pregnancy and beyond...

Haa haa haa that it so funny! I have a couple embarrasing moments:
  • I was about 7 months pregnant, but refused to wear pregnancy panties...well we all know that with a big belly that your regular undies don't quite fit the same...I was standing waiting for an elevator and noone was around so I pulled my wedgie out only to turn around and see someone had JUST walked around the corner in time to catch my adjusting my underwear!
  • The other was when I had gone to the Dr near the same time...I was sure I had a broken pelvic/pubic bone, and recalled falling down the stairs as a toddler, I was sure I had maybe cracked or broken it back then and now with the weight/pressure of the baby it was flaring up. I had alot of pain as if I had riding a "boy" bike and missed the peddle and hit the bar, and if I rolled over I would hear bones rubbing...when I explained this to the Dr he literally laughed at me and explained it was just because during pregnancy your ligaments are very relaxed and the pelvic bones were floating which is why it was painful and the rubbing was because when I would lay on my side my pelvic bones would overlap so when I rolled over I was actually hearing them rub together...just having him laugh at me was embarrassing, I felt like I had taken things way out of proportion, but I had a good sense of humor about it too so I wasn't hurt by it...now I think it's funny.
  • When my daughter had gotten a bit older and was weaned, there were a couple of times she'd peek down my shirt and say "Boobies!" depending on where you are at the time, it can be quite embarrassing.
I can't wait to hear everyone elses! Good thread!

Old 09-24-2004, 12:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

The nurses handed me my new son while the doctor was sewing up my episiotomy. Room was full of nurses and medical personnel 'cuz DS pooped right before he was born and there was a medical student observing.

DH got out the digital camera to take a picture of us both and I screech -- you didn't get my vagina in the picture did you? COMPLETE silence in the room. And no he did NOT get that in the picture, just a nice photo of my perfect little boy all wrapped up in a blankie.

Old 09-24-2004, 06:33 PM   #4

MoonGoddess672 HB User

To Kierra...

Since my son just stopped breastfeeding a few months ago ( he is 2), I had countless of times when he would shove his hand down my shirt and start playing with my boobs right in the middle of a store or he would try pulling them out...yes I better ad that to my embarrassing moments....hehehehe

Old 09-25-2004, 03:56 AM   #5

Soldier's Wife HB User

I have similar breastfeeding stories. My oldest called them the mamas becuase everytime she tried to grab them I would tell her no that those were mama's. She would go around pointing at them saying those are mamas to anyone that walked by.

I have a little crack that my husband had made while dd2 was being born. I was having a c-section and my husband was very interested in it. after they made the first cut he said " Honey thats a big cut. I think you are going to need stitches." Most of the people in the room started cracking up including my surgeon who already wanted to take him to mental health because my husband wanted to give me my iv. He thought my dh was crazy for wanting to inflict pain on his wife. ( My husband does iv's on helicopters in the dark with only a cem light on. So he really isn't crazy. He just thought I would be more comfortable if he did it.)I know that dr. wont forget us.

Old 09-25-2004, 07:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

MandyAnne26 HB User

One of my imbarrising stories is being in church watching my neice get baptized (we generaly aren't church people), my daughter 22 months old started digging around trying to lift up my shirt while loudly saying boobie mommy...lol, if anybody heard they did a good job of not reacting. i wanted to crawl into a hole and die, lol

Old 09-25-2004, 09:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

both my daughters went through a phase I like to call the "human bra". They would be about 1 and I would be carry them in a public place (the store usually) and would look down to see my daughter had been cupping my breasts for god knows how long. I didnt even breastfeed but they were both obsessed with my breasts. Looking down my shirt, making comments...this all occurred when they were toddlers. I took a shower with my 2year old not too long ago and she spent the entire time saying "mommy, I have nipples. You got nipples?" she said this about a million times, with hubby laughing outside the door. ugh.

Old 09-25-2004, 09:56 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

HI all

this is more of an embarressing pregnancy loosing my mind story. I have heard about how you become forgetful and scattered during pregnancy but so far i have been doing ok in that area. i work full time and have a lot to keep track of, and have been doing well.

a few weeks ago i had a training workshop for my job. i had n't slept well the night before. The workshop went ok, and after being there all day long, i went to use the potty. i looked down and thought how odd that my one shoe had different laces than the other shoe. now when did i change the laces. . . oh ****
i suddenly realized i had on 2 different shoes!!! NOt even the same color, one black and one brown! they both tied with laces that was about all they had in common. I was horrified. i quickly ran out to my car and put on a pair of sneakers i had in the car. but it was too late at that point, since i had gone the whole day like that, made a presentation in front of the group and everything! I still don't know if anyone noticed but i am assuming they did, since women always tend to look at other peoples shoes.

ahhhhhhh!

Old 09-25-2004, 10:11 PM   #9

fatally yours HB User

I personally don't have any embarrassing pregnancy or labor stories yet (too early for that!) but I just wanted to say that I loved reading this thread!! It really made me laugh, and now I won't be so worried about my own future humiliations since it seems that everyone goes through them! This thread was a great idea!

Old 09-27-2004, 05:35 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

1. It was my first week back at work after taking 3 months off. I was sitting in a meeting when my hand grazed against my chest...that's when I realized that I had soaked through my nursing pad, bra and shirt. I have no idea how long my boss had been sitting there watching these large wet spots develop on my shirt.

2. My son was about 5 months old. I had him in my front carrier facing out towards the world. We were going for a walk down my street when we came upon this mean prissy older lady on my block. We never talk, but this time I said a friendly "hi" and waved. She looked and smiled and then my son proceeded to rip the loudest burp I've ever heard. I just started to laugh and kept walking..thanks a lot kiddo.

3. And yes, I agree with everyone who has children who love their boobs. I don't even notice anymore when my sons hands are all over my chest, because they always are!!!

Old 09-27-2004, 02:53 PM   #11
Veteran

lilmom HB User

oh you guys are SO funny, I'm sure I have something to share, BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER!!! Many times have I been in public and leaked thru double nursing pads and actually had the milk dripping off of my boobs ha,ha!
I became preg. with our 1st son, 2months after were got married, and when I was about 12wks I started leaking colostrum, It freaked me out and I was SO embarassed when I realized that I was leaking all over my Dh while making love. He thought it was weird at first but tried not show it because he knew it was hard for me anyway. I finally got over it since I had to. I produced more and more until I had to wear nursing pads the rest of the pregnancy. This is my 3rd pregnancy and now Dh says it's a turn on Funny how his story changed Ha,ha, Sorry if it's TMI
Lilmom
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Old 09-27-2004, 03:37 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

Oh my gosh! These stories made me laugh so hard, especially Ratatosk's story. I'm 35 weeks pregnant, so you'd think I'd have a whole book full of stories by now...but I can't really think of anything. I'll definitely try to think of some! The only embarrassing thing I can think of is when I was 26 weeks pregnant me and my fiance were making love, totally in the middle of it. He was kissing my boobs and stuff and all of the sudden he stopped everything. I was like what's wrong? He's like there's stuff coming out of your boobs. I was totally horrified, even though he thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Ammalin Rose - 10.23.2004
Nevaeh Marie - 05.16.2006

Old 09-27-2004, 06:40 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

Last night as we were getting into bed, dh and I were both marveling at my boobs. Not in a sexual way at all, just how different they look. They stand straight up like "stripper boobs" (his words, not mine) even wghen I'm lying on my back. Also, my nipples are so big and dark as to be unrecognizable. Dh thought he was being clever and said "If you squeeze them will anything come out?" I could tell by the tone of his voice he thought that was COMPLETELY impossible- he was just playing gross-out chicken (like THAT would gross me out?!?!). So I threw it right back at him "You know, it might! Let's see!" and I started squeezing away. He got alllll grossed out and yelled "No, no, stop it!!!" like I was stabbing him or something.

Maybe you had to be there, but I felt so satisfied to have beat him at his own gross-out game! Not really an embarassing story, but still kind of funny!

Old 09-27-2004, 07:14 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Lawgirl, imagine his reaction if you shot him with a squirt of milk! I remember when I was breastfeeding and engorged I'd have to go for a shower and squirt to empty my milk ducts a bit...the first time I did it I couldn't believe how far I could squirt! I could squirt clear across the bathtub! I actually had to tell my DH who didn't think at was a fascinating as I thought it was.

Old 09-27-2004, 08:19 PM   #15
Veteran

lilmom HB User

Oh Lawgirl that was funny, yeah these guys REALLY don't know what they have gotten themselves into do they? ha,ha! I remember my pastors wife tell me that she would squirt her breastmilk across the bed and hit her husband. I laughed at this because her young daughter was standing behind her when she told me this.... she had NO idea what we were talking about I look of PURE confusion!
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Closed Thread