It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2004, 07:10 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Momx2in04 HB User
33 weeks pregnant and period-like cramps?

Hey everyone! Maybe someone will have some input for me on this! I am 33 weeks pregnant, and for the past 3 days I have been having the feeling like when my period is about to start. I have the feeling almost continuously, with small breaks occassionally. It isn't accompanied by contractions, aside from the normal BH contractions that happen a few times throughout the day, but the cramps are definite and uncomfortable. I haven't had any bleeding or anything, but I have noticed more clear watery discharge the past couple of days. Could this be the baby moving against my cervix and causing the cramps? I have a dr appointment tomorrow, but I thought I'd get opinions anyway. Do you think the dr will do an internal exam b/c of these cramps? Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was it?

Thanks for your help!

Old 09-30-2004, 07:22 AM   #2
Veteran

lilmom HB User
Re: 33 weeks pregnant and period-like cramps?

Go to your Dr. Yes they will do an internal, because they have to know if your cervix is dialating of effacing. I don't want to scare you,But it is very important that you go as soon as possible. I've been there, and my son was born 8 weeks early and weighed 4.11 lb. he stayed in the hospital for over a month. Tell us how it went and good luck!
Lilmom
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2004, 10:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momx2in04
... but I have noticed more clear watery discharge the past couple of days. ...
What kind of discharge do you mean...is it cervical, or is it more like possibly a slow leak of amniotic fluid....I would try to get checked today, I was told in my lamaze classes that any discharge that is questionable should be checked to be safe. You may be in early labor...go check to give you piece of mind. Goodluck, keep us posted.
P.S. When I went into preterm labor 7 weeks early I didn't know it....I had gone in to get a cold checked out and because I was leaking urine when I coughed...I didn't have her for another 3 weeks, but the non-stress test showed I was having very regular contractions that I didn't even feel yet, even that evening after getting to the maximum dose of Magnesuim Sulphate I was still having 9 contractions an hour.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 09-30-2004 at 11:30 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

Old 09-30-2004, 05:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

well i started having them too when i was preg. with my dd they started about 32-33 weeks... i went into labor at 34 weeks it was stopped but then two weeks later at about 36.6 weeks i went into labor again but this time my water had broke and i delivered the next morning almost a month early...thankfully things were okay....you she tell your dr. all you have told us and get it checked out soon !

Old 09-30-2004, 06:06 PM   #5

alliemay HB User

that happened to me too, i kept thinking i was in labor i was 2 cm dialated for a couple weeks, i think that was why, im not too sure so you should get checked... good luck

Old 09-30-2004, 06:08 PM   #6

alliemay HB User

i was also getting watery discharge around 33 weeks and quite a bit but all was well and i delivered on time

Old 10-01-2004, 06:12 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Momx2in04 HB User

Thanks everyone! The discharge has stopped, although it was to the point where I was thinking "DID MY WATER BREAK?" LOL Guess it was just a fluke. I still have the cramps, mostly in the morning...I moved up my appointment to today, I have a NST and u/s, and when I see the doctor I will mention these cramps - I bet I will end up with an internal...but, better safe than sorry! Thanks for all the advice! And I will let you know what the doctor says!

Old 10-01-2004, 08:21 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

How did the appointment go?

Old 10-02-2004, 11:07 AM   #9

TracieWilton HB User

Hey Momx2in4:

It's your old friend, Tracie. Just thought I would let you know that I have been experincing some of the smae discomfort you have, and was really worried about it, until I went to my doc yesterday. She told me that unless I was having several contractions in one hour, everything should be fine, and that if I am already getting "crampy," it will probably only get worse from here. So I guess just watch out for your contractions, and keep close watch over them if they are repetitive and frequent.

See you on our board!
Tracie

Old 10-06-2004, 08:43 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Just checking to see how your Dr appoinment went. And how you are doing. Take care

Closed Thread