It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #1

*sam* HB User
Thumbs down brown discharge no symptoms!! please read

Hi, i posted yesterday about the fact that i have been experiencing light bleeding. The colour is a brownish colour and more like discharge. I went to the hospital yesterday and waited around for about 7 hours!! (not a good experience). Anyway they have booked me in 4 a scan tommorow. I have had a little brown discharge again today. Had very mild cramping yesterday 4 a while and none 2day. For the last week i have had nasea every morning and afternoon but have had nothing today!!! I have had conflicting views from friends and family, some say brown is ok but some say that no blood is normal in pregnancy. I have also been on various sites on the internet that say that this could be an early symptom of miscarriage or a blighted ovum (where the sac forms with no baby in it). I would really appreciate anyones views on this, good and bad. Has anyone else experienced this??? Please be honest. thanx 4 reading xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 10-13-2004, 09:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: brown discharge no symptoms!! please read

Yes, I had it. Started in week six and stopped week 14. I spotted at least once a week for 1-3 days. I had two u/s in the ER. The second one, I was told that I had a small tear. I took the scans to my doctor who couldn't find anything. I had an u/s at 15 weeks at the docs and everything was fine. I am now 29 weeks and haven't spotted since.

I was given several reason. 1. From sex...which I hadn't had, 2. Tear (Placenta abruption) 3. Blood behind placenta and as my uterus grew, the blood was pushed out. They never did figure out what it was.

I never had cramping and towards the end the blood was a clay-red color. Not bright red and no clots, but it was mucussy now and then.

Like you, I did lots of reading. The most common hits were placenta previa and abruption. Your u/s will give you more information.

Good luck!

Last edited by blue_eyed_girl; 10-13-2004 at 09:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2004, 10:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Brown blood is old blood, red blood is new blood and more concerning, are you pregnant, if yes how far along? I had a miscarriage at 4 w+5d and it was red blood, even in the beginning when there was very small amounts of blood. Cramping can be normal in early pregnancy, similar to PMS cramping, it is the ligaments and mucsles stretching. Goodluck, keep us posted.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:44 AM   #4

*sam* HB User

sorry - forgot 2 say, i'm just over 7 weeks

Old 10-13-2004, 11:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

My first guess would be what blue eyed girl said about the placenta growing and pushing blood. Or a tear. Keep us posted, goodluck.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #6
(female)

walflower2 HB User

I had bleeding at 6 weeks and again at 12 weeks, both brown and bright red blood. I had 2 ultrasounds done and they both showed no problems. I am now 29 weeks and everything is still good. It is a very scary experience and my thoughts are with you

Old 10-13-2004, 01:40 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Nutshell HB User

I started spotting red blood just a couple days after I found out. I was about 7 weeks. Went to the DR and they did an ultrasound. There was a sack but no baby had started forming. They classified it as a miscarriage. This was in 2001. I currently have a 19 month old who I did not spot with and am currently 17 almost 18 wks prego. I had some brown spotting around the 6th to 7th week but it was not very much. Just when I wiped a couple of times. The ultrasound showed everything was okay. Try not to worry too much. I know easier said than done.
DS born 3/14/03
EDD 3/19/05

Closed Thread