It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2004, 11:40 AM   #1

Alleyne HB User
Breast Lumps during Pregnancy

Last night I found a small lump in my right breast close to my armpit.

Does this happen in pregnancy? I am a little concerned since my mother is a survior of breast cancer. I have never before felt any lumps in my breast.

It is a small round mass... a little tender. It seems to go away.. then come back? Possibly natural changes in my breast due to my pregnancy?

My next appointment is Nov. 3rd and I was wondering if any of you think that is too long to wait before my Dr. examines it?

Old 10-22-2004, 11:56 AM   #2

hello to all HB User
Re: Breast Lumps during Pregnancy

i had something simelar with my 1st pregnancy. i too found a lump in my left breast close to my armpit. i was so worried i went to see my doc the next day, he said it was probably due to the pregnancy but he refered me to a breast clinic just to be on the safe side...which freaked me out even more. i went the next week and was told right away that it was due to my pregnancy. i had a follow up appointment just to see it was ok, by the time my apointment came round the lump had gone. it's no good getting stressed out when you are pregnant though so if it is worrying you i suggest you make an appointment, but i'd say it is just changes due to pregnancy...good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #3

ChaiT HB User

I have lumps, too. I went and got it checked and it was just dense tissue. Your dr will get you an ultrasound or mammography. I was worried too, but apparently a whole range of breast changes are normal. Don't worry!

Old 10-24-2004, 06:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

the same thing happened to me last night. it was in the left breast. i was sitting on the couch kinda leaning to the left, you know still upright but on my side with my elbow on the arm of the couch. my boob was itchy so i checked it and there was a little hive thing-- happens all the time to me. anyway, i itched it and from the back and forth motion i thought i felt something. instead of getting obsessed about it i tried to forget about it untill i could investigate more (i have illness anxiety and my DH would have been upset that i found yet another thing to think i was dying over). at bed time i checked it out. there was something there, but several. then i remembered that my doctor DID feel that at my check up in aug. she said it was a natural thing with having babies. she told me the name--- i don't remember. she said it feels like a small bag of rasins. i had a panic attack anyway-- just for old time sakes i suppose. i am better now. glad to know i am carrying dried up fruit around with me.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2004, 10:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hello all,

Don't ignore breast lumps during pregnancy. Not to alarm you, but my friend, Karen, had a breast lump during pregnancy that her doctor said was no worry. She really had breast cancer and died when that baby was just 2 years old.

Be pro-active in following up on any lumps you feel. Keep notes on where the lump is, if it's tender or not, the date(s) you found it, any date you noticed it was gone, and anything else that seems like helpful information. If the skin in that area or elsewhere on the breasts dimples, changes color, or if your nipple bleeds, go see the doctor immediately and insist on further diagnostic measures.

Wishing you all well - Barbara

Old 10-24-2004, 01:43 PM   #6
(female)

MaryAnn HB User

It sounds like it could be a cyst because you said it's tender and moves around. At least that's what I think you mean when you say it goes away. Cysts are movable. I would have it checked out for peace of mind. Your imagination can get the best of you when you don't know.

Closed Thread