It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2004, 09:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
trouble breathing and feeling weak question

Hi, i am just about 28 weeks now and here for the last few days its been like a chore to be able to get a good breath, i barely do anything and im out of breath and i keep having these spells of feeling very weak in my arms and legs. I know they say as you get farther along the breathing gets worse due to the baby being bigger but im not that far along where i would think it would be bothersome now, anyone else ever feel like this at this point in pregnancy??

Old 11-05-2004, 10:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: trouble breathing and feeling weak question

unfortunately totally normal with the breathing. You can start feeling that way around 20 or so weeks. And I'm sure the lack of oxygen isn't helping the weak feeling. Make sure you're eating enough food, lots of protein, stay hydrated. And mention it to your docotor just to make sure. Sorry you feel so bad

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2004, 10:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

As the previous post said, trouble breathing is quite common. I know that when I was having that problem, I tried to take so many deep breaths that it eventually caught up with me, and I started feeling pretty strange. Maybe that's why you feel weak. Ask your dr, but I am sure he/she will tell you everything is ok. I know mine settled down a little when I made it a point to eat protein at least 3-4 times a day. And as Kiera said, make sure to drink a lot, and eat well, because those things can make your weak feeling worse. Good luck to you and I hope you start feeling better soon!

Old 11-05-2004, 12:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

Thanks for the replys, i was starting to get worried, i went to the doc today and she listened to my lungs and said i sounded clear and that it didnt appear to be blood clots so that makes me feel better. It seems this breathing problem starts after i eat, or maybe just eat certain foods like alot of carbs, not sure why that would affect me. I wasnt happy with my weight ive gained 12 pounds so far i had only gained 6.5 and then today only 3 weeks later had gained another 5.5 so she told me to keep an eye on my weight. I just cant wait for Jan 28th to get here i dont remember my other 2 pregnancys being this bad. I will just be happy when im able to breath right again...lol !!

Old 11-06-2004, 03:48 AM   #5

Kali'sMom HB User

It probably gets worse after your eat because the baby is already pressing up toward your lungs and when you fill your stomach there is even less room in there If carbs make it worse, I think that would make sense because they often take up more room. I am 24 weeks and already having this problem - I want to eat like a pig, but when I do I feel like I am going to explode and can't breathe well. This is my second pregnancy - with my first, at 8/9 months, I had to eat really small meals, because there was NO room - I would get bad hearburn and breathing trouble if I ate a big meal or even drank too much water at one time. Good Luck!

DD 11/12/01

EDD 2/24/05

Closed Thread