It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2004, 10:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Did anyone use an Instead Cup or Diaphragm to HELP you get pregnant?

For those of you who are or have been pregnant, did you ever use Instead Cups or a diaphragm after BDing in order to help keep the fluids and sperm inside you and near your cervix? Did it seem to work alright?

I realize that this isn't the TTC board, however I wanted to hear if this has helped anyone get pregnant and obviously those of us in the TTC board are still trying...and aren't already pregnant. I am thinking of putting in a diaphragm after BDing to help trap the sperm up there if I think it might help. I already lie there for 2-3 hrs afterward while lying on a pillow but then after 2-3 hrs I have to pee, so I get up and so much seems to still pour out.

Thanks in advance for your input!
~Laura~

Old 11-17-2004, 12:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Re: Did anyone use an Instead Cup or Diaphragm to HELP you get pregnant?

Does anyone have any input on this question?? I really am interested if anyone has done this before to help get pregnant by helping the fluids and sperm stay inside and near the cervix.

Thanks!
~Laura~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I read on insteads website once.....that they do not have any studies having been done about the issue (Yes they address it)....

But to get preggers ya gotta be able to get the little swimmers to stay up there. So I guess in theory it COULD help as it wouldn't come leaking out right away. But once again no studies have been done that I know of.

And no I didn't get pregnant by doing this, just wanted to share what I had read in the past.

Good Luck.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Lawgirl HB User

I've read of a few people doing this, and I guess it can't hurt. Some get pregnant this way, some don't. From everything I've read, 20 minutes of lying down is about as good as 8 hours lying down. What hasn't made it up there in 20 minutes probably wouldn't get there anyway. I know the sperm doesn't reach the egg in 20 minutes, but I think they swim past some point where they can't readily fall out. Plus, if you're just getting up for a quick trip to the potty, not ALL of it will fall out.

I hope you don't mind me answering even though I did not use either of the products, but I think your odds are just as good without it. Have you tried using the restroom before bed, seducing your hubby , and then just going to sleep? That way you could sleep the whole night like that.

Good luck!

Old 11-18-2004, 02:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

Thanks for your input Lawgirl!

I do indeed use the restroom before BDing...my body can't seem to go more than a few hours without having to go to the bathroom again. Even throughout the night I have to wake up at least once in the middle of the night in order to go. But if what you say is true about 20 minutes being as good as 8 hours...then I should be good to go. But even after lying there for 3 hours when I get up a lot still does come out. Although I know a lot has probably gone up as well.

Anyhow, thanks again! Still not sure if I will try this idea or not...we will see.
~Laura~

Closed Thread